What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Transfer Portal News - Please Respect My Decision

TScheck as a jacked up Niles Crane is amazing
I typed “Niles Crane with muscles” into Microsoft Copilot and these are what I got.

OIG1.cowgwEHd_cWq1r5i1nnx

Media.ashx

The article said he would likely not actually play much, would be behind three other kickers, and would be a walk-on. That’s exactly the kind of guy we want to have as a walk-on. Costs nothing and might be a worthw pick up. No downside at all.
Right. Who knows maybe this is the kid who can consistently kickoff out of the end zone. That’s all he ever needs to do to be an all-star with this fan base.

I feel like it can’t be that hard for the players to know what string they are
Maybe, but when you have a bunch of 4 and 5* guys and talented transfers who all think they are good enough, and then you mix them all as to not create a starting unit, backup units, etc, then I can definitely see it leaving just enough hope to not leave.

Then come Fall camp, it’ll revert to 1s/2s/3s and players won’t be able to transfer.

Maybe, but when you have a bunch of 4 and 5* guys and talented transfers who all think they are good enough, and then you mix them all as to not create a starting unit, backup units, etc, then I can definitely see it leaving just enough hope to not leave.

Then come Fall camp, it’ll revert to 1s/2s/3s and players won’t be able to transfer.
Dan Lanning would never do something so craven and manipulative.

Is it not a wrong hypothesis that this Portal time and the coming season is literally the most important in Colorado Football in 30 years?

Would it not behoove Prime and his connections to pour some serious money into the program so the Coach can keep everyone he wants and to get everyone he wants because if he has success, his options and our future are brighter than ever.

CFP, Conferences, Pure cash from promotions, applicants, etc.

I wish I had real money, but the money friends that Prime has could be asked to essentially invest in him to build him up for whatever is next

Is it not a wrong hypothesis that this Portal time and the coming season is literally the most important in Colorado Football in 30 years?

Would it not behoove Prime and his connections to pour some serious money into the program so the Coach can keep everyone he wants and to get everyone he wants because if he has success, his options and our future are brighter than ever.

CFP, Conferences, Pure cash from promotions, applicants, etc.

I wish I had real money, but the money friends that Prime has could be asked to essentially invest in him to build him up for whatever is next

giphy.gif

I didn't realize they had a rule that required you to enter before Feb 1 to play in conference. Not sure how a court can rule that unlimited transfers are allowed but conferences can institute a rule like this.
I think it’s more of a conference team agreement instead of an official rule so I assume that’s why. Schools don’t have to recruit a player or allow them to transfer in.

Back