What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Transfer Portal News - Please Respect My Decision

The problem with the current system is that literally all the power lies with the players and they can do as they please with no repercussions or consequences. The liability pretty much solely lies with the teams and there is no upside for them in actually developing players as good work doesn't get rewarded. If the player underperforms after he receives his bag, well, tough ****, a scholly is a scholly and your money is gone, if you hit on a diamond in the rough and [insert perceived big team here] has a need at his position and offers him a bag bigger than you can offer, thanks for the opportunity but tough **** you're left without the player and have **** all in hand for the work you did with him over the years.

It's basically a free-for-all offseason after offseason and the only chance a smaller team has to compete is if literally all the stars align and you hit on a bunch of transfers AND the players you already have all make the step in their development at the same time. And if that happens your coach gets poached in the offseason. All that would be less of a problem if there was some sort of compensation system.
creating a compensation system that appeals to all will be extremely difficult.

Sounds like it was his planned usage he wasn’t good with, IMO. He wants to be used as a true APB and as others have mentioned, sounds like they wanted to kind of use him as a gadget player/mostly slot receiver. (Have to click into the tweet to read the rest of the post)

Fried Rice Cooking GIF by Nigel Ng (Uncle Roger)

Sounds like it was his planned usage he wasn’t good with, IMO. He wants to be used as a true APB and as others have mentioned, sounds like they wanted to kind of use him as a gadget player/mostly slot receiver. (Have to click into the tweet to read the rest of the post)

It’s hard to believe he will find that at one of those programs, but I wish him the best and appreciate that he is leaving in a pretty mature manner. Except if he goes to Nebraska, then forget any goodwill

LOL - do you honestly believe there is any regulation on this bull**** right now?

I have no doubt your comment is correct in how the "rules" are written, but it is the wild wild west out there with teams not giving the committed money, players transferring after getting money. It's insanity.
I was being facetious. I agree with what you are saying.

Coaches saw the video and 2 hours later somebody stopped by with a check, guaranteed.

Fvck this whole thing.
See, I actually think it’s stupid that players have to threaten to leave in order to get paid. Well run programs, especially ones that are very well funded, should be proactive in getting their top players paid.

End of season exit meetings along with end of Spring exit meetings should all have an NIL rep involved to negotiate and discuss these things, especially now that schools can facilitate third party NIL deals.

Btw, now that this new rule is going to pass where schools can facilitate these things, I would think CP being involved with 50+ different companies himself would be a major advantage for CU.

See, I actually think it’s stupid that players have to threaten to leave in order to get paid. Well run programs, especially ones that are very well funded, should be proactive in getting their top players paid.

End of season exit meetings along with end of Spring exit meetings should all have an NIL rep involved to negotiate and discuss these things, especially now that schools can facilitate third party NIL deals.

Btw, now that this new rule is going to pass where schools can facilitate these things, I would think CP being involved with 50+ different companies himself would be a major advantage for CU.
Being proactive is all well and good, but the fact of the matter is that a school can have that exit meeting and end of Spring meeting and agree on NIL numbers. Then the player takes that number to the "market" the second the meetings are over to try and get more. Even after getting some of the NIL money from the current school. For example, there's nothing to say that this Georgia player doesn't still go in the portal.

Being proactive is all well and good, but the fact of the matter is that a school can have that exit meeting and end of Spring meeting and agree on NIL numbers. Then the player takes that number to the "market" the second the meetings are over to try and get more. Even after getting some of the NIL money from the current school. For example, there's nothing to say that this Georgia player doesn't still go in the portal.
That’s fair. Need to be contracts that include repayment if a player transfers, IMO.

The only thing that these court decisions hasn’t done is invalidate the existence of portal deadlines for being open/closed. If the NCAA were smart (they’re not) they would create reasonable portal windows before and after the season. This forces people to be in a chair and teams can run their operations.

I'm really trying to get my mind right knowing that each year I'm watching a team of 80% mercenaries, and that includes coaches. Until this is sorted out, this is what every year is going to be. New year, new players, learning a new system, from new coaches. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Back