What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Transfer Portal News - Please Respect My Decision

Unfortunately, more evidence that Coach Prime isn't going to be able to continue attracting talent after going 4-8. 😢
Colorado 2023 transfer class score with 51 players...78.09

Colorado 2024 transfer class score with 16 players...70.15

But please let's keep hearing the same narrative from the haters that "we're doing the same thing/recruiting the same level of player that we did last year"

Some news leaking out that aTm had a buyout clause on their players' NIL. Walter Nolen for example...either he or someone else is going to have to pay that buyout.

Contractually binding.
So are they saying it was a direct pay for play? They would be a direct NCAA violation. I am sure they wouldn't want their collective investigated by the FBI like the basketball shoe scandal.

Some news leaking out that aTm had a buyout clause on their players' NIL. Walter Nolen for example...either he or someone else is going to have to pay that buyout.

Contractually binding.
Was it in the fine print that the players missed?

You follow this stuff much closer than I do, but from the times I've looked, reddit typically has a very small lag (measured in seconds, maybe single digit minutes) from other sources of CFB news
At this point, I need to back away from that post. r/CFB is not updating recruiting info very well at all

Come Hip Hop GIF by Cypress Hill

Come on man, the game has completely changed in the last 3 years. If anything relying on HS kids who may very well leave after 1-2 years is becoming unsustainable. Transfers with 2-3 years left to play>>>>HS kids
Quick fixes will not be sustainable. Using the portal as a tool is one thing, attempting to reshape our team with a bunch of castoffs is another, regardless of how many stars they have in front of their names.

So Chase Bisontis was scheduled to visit Penn State last weekend. When they found out about the NIL buyout, PSU cancelled the visit.

Seem to be a lot of new portal entries today.

Whatever holes CU has after the early period can be addressed in the Jan/Feb period.

And I much prefer the portal to prep recruiting for most additions. Saw a stat today that for prep recruits, 40% of blue chips (4* & 5*) are not with the program they signed with after 2 years - a data point that didn't include last year so pre-portal explosion. That percentage is only going to grow, so I think it pays to be hyper selective when signing preps.

Back