What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

16263060744821627.jpg

1687356183049.jpeg
More on Gavin Kuld:

Hudl profile says 6'6" 228, running a 4.83

These guys love him (starts around 1:51:20.). Looks like he’s a great pickup, especially as PWO.

And his tape says 3 to play 2.

I'd slow the roll. He didn't exactly light things up at his last JUCO. From what I can tell, he wasn't a full time starter.
Not saying he’s starting or even #2 string. But he’s got a live arm and some skills for a PWO. He’s good depth we needed.

Not saying he’s starting or even #2 string. But he’s got a live arm and some skills for a PWO. He’s good depth we needed.
Agreed. Elevates our practices and gives a different type of QB look for scout team. That's a big deal. And, of course, there's always that unknown upside potential which could lead to more than that. I'm actually very happy with the addition, but don't think people should have an expectation that if something happened to Shedeur we now have a vet QB who could captain the ship. It's not that.

Last edited:
Check out this video from Well Off Media posted a couple of hours ago, starting at 11:30. Player-led 1 on 1 passing drills with WRs vs. DBs. I like what I'm seeing, with the competitive attitudes and the athleticism.

The players we have now are physically more what we need than what we ran out during the previous two seasons. The competitiveness and speed have also been substantially upgraded.

I'm trying to figure out how to express this proto-thought I'm having, and sort of hoping @manhattanbuff can pick up a little slack.

The thought is that part of the reason prime is succeeding in recruiting is that he's created a space, in lily white Boulder, where the players don't have to code switch.

I think Mel was trying to do this, and only sort of succeeding. I think KD was too old school to even try.

Having to code switch nearly 100% of the time in your daily life is exhausting.

But prime has created a space where they no longer need to switch 100% of the time. It's Boulder, so they're still going to have to learn to do it some of the time - but that was one thing Kordell has been pretty outspoken about being one of the most important things he learned at CU.

I'm trying to figure out how to express this proto-thought I'm having, and sort of hoping @manhattanbuff can pick up a little slack.

The thought is that part of the reason prime is succeeding in recruiting is that he's created a space, in lily white Boulder, where the players don't have to code switch.

I think Mel was trying to do this, and only sort of succeeding. I think KD was too old school to even try.

But prime has created a space where they no longer need to switch 100% of the time. It's Boulder, so they're still going to have to learn to do it some of the time - but that was one thing Kordell has been pretty outspoken about being one of the most important things he learned at CU.
Culturally, blackness is not something Prime is afraid of projecting. Players will need to code switch around the CU campus and in Boulder. But, in the facility, they can feel free to be themselves.

I think this era is more familiar with it than mines. I grew up in a lily white town where I moved their from a black middle class town and man, it was night and day. Especially the white folk with money and connections.

Obviously I benefitted positively from a business stance and a corporate stance while getting destroyed from a social and peer stance till I became a top tier athlete who was very handsome and tall which benefitted me in HS.

I think this era is more familiar with it than mines. I grew up in a lily white town where I moved their from a black middle class town and man, it was night and day. Especially the white folk with money and connections.

Obviously I benefitted positively from a business stance and a corporate stance while getting destroyed from a social and peer stance till I became a top tier athlete who was very handsome and tall which benefitted me in HS.
What type of business were you in, that you were in a corporate setting in Middle school?

yeah, looking up the meaning of that phrase wrt racial implications, 'code' an odd word choice.
Generally, the phrase is defined as a cultural vs racial thing. I first became familiar with it in an international business setting.

Took an entire class in b school about the cultural challenges of international business relationships, code switching was a major topic. When a person has to code switch to maintain that relationship, there's a mental and emotional cost that simply isn't there when they build relationships that don't require that.

With the hegemony of US business, Americans don't often have to do it (others have to). When we do have to, we often fail.

With a first introduction in a much less politically charged context honestly made the concept more accessible.

That being said, the concept's application to people moving between black American cultural and white mountain west culture, or white business culture, etc is pertinent.

What type of business were you in, that you were in a corporate setting in Middle school?
Long term is what I meant as I've aged. Not short term, but even then, I had internships at 12 and 13 that most Blacks just do not get even into their 30s as my father sat on major local boards. I understood how you guys functioned which is a lot different than others especially Black folks.

Back