What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

This is an interesting game theory test.

Let's say all you really want is to get your degree, preferably from CU, and the football scholarship was just a means to that end.

You know you're not good enough to see the field again under coach prime.

Do you try and hold out, and just "not quit," so that you can be "one of the ten?"

What are you risking?

Well... You're risking being #11, and being the "best" of that 11, and having to still be on the team, show up to meetings, show up to practice, and always knowing that you don't belong...

Meanwhile your buddies are either one of the 10 running out their scholarships, or they're at another school having fun and playing leapfrog on the sidelines...
Life sucks. Sometimes. But Number 11 will get to be part of something cool while Number 10 won’t be able to say he was on the team when CP turned it around.

So just saw the thread on Cam Robertson from UNT bumped due to him entering the portal and CU being interested (again).

Question- WHAT THE HOLY HELL WAS WRONG WITH THE PREVIOUS S&C STAFF????

I mean you look at the HS pictures where he's a rail, then the massive bulk he became at UNT, and NONE of the undersized kids who had frames for more size that came in under Dorrell got bigger AT ALL.

Seriously - WTAF?!??!

So just saw the thread on Cam Robertson from UNT bumped due to him entering the portal and CU being interested (again).

Question- WHAT THE HOLY HELL WAS WRONG WITH THE PREVIOUS S&C STAFF????

I mean you look at the HS pictures where he's a rail, then the massive bulk he became at UNT, and NONE of the undersized kids who had frames for more size that came in under Dorrell got bigger AT ALL.

Seriously - WTAF?!??!
Players were not held accountable to a standard of work. Blame for that falls on KD. Player development my ass.

The players with whom he had a chance to work were not athletic or accoubtable enough to use the training.
Yes.

But whether it was players not being held to a standard or coaches not being held to a standard or a mix of both... whether the players brought in lacked what it takes or coaches brought in lacked what it takes or a mix of both... the HC is responsible, KD inexcusably failed, and the responsibility is his.

Yes.

But whether it was players not being held to a standard or coaches not being held to a standard or a mix of both... whether the players brought in lacked what it takes or coaches brought in lacked what it takes or a mix of both... the HC is responsible, KD inexcusably failed, and the responsibility is his.
I have these images in my head about what it looked like inside the CU program under KD if there has been all these cameras around to capture it…. I picture people walking back and forth like a corp office. No energy. Just moving paper around.

I bet there was a good reason there was such a tight lid on everything….

I have these images in my head about what it looked like inside the CU program under KD if there has been all these cameras around to capture it…. I picture people walking back and forth like a corp office. No energy. Just moving paper around.

I bet there was a good reason such a tight lid was on everything….
It would be the "before" in an infomercial for male enhancement pills.

Yes.

And the players…

I bet there was a good reason there was such a tight lid on everything….
Similar to Rhule's Nebraska. Guess who's going to be glued to the boob tube on Saturday...

A redshirt junior, Robinson played in eight games during his Alabama career, including six this past season. The defensive back recorded two tackles and one sack in 2022. He went through 12 spring practices and two scrimmages – recording an interception in this past Saturday's closed scrimmage – before entering his name in the transfer portal on Tuesday.

A redshirt junior, Robinson played in eight games during his Alabama career, including six this past season. The defensive back recorded two tackles and one sack in 2022. He went through 12 spring practices and two scrimmages – recording an interception in this past Saturday's closed scrimmage – before entering his name in the transfer portal on Tuesday.

Reed transfers and this guy becomes available? :unsure:

It would be the "before" in an infomercial for male enhancement pills.
Fail Car Wash GIF

The players with whom he had a chance to work were not athletic or accoubtable enough to use the training.
I've commented on this before during the MM era. I think one of the big issues that CU faced was taking alot of kids who need 3-4 years of weight training and athletic development and then playing them way to early. They got dinged up both physically and emotionally from the wear and tear. We obviously missed on alot of 4 star recruits also but with the new portal for transfers we should never have to see undersized Freshman out there again who also aren't prepared to handle the schemes.

There were a few cases where the Freshman were ready to contribute but most of the time, we were in a cycle of kids playing too early, getting hurt, transferring out, and I don't really remember a time where we graduated a big SR class together who came in together. Maybe when Sefo was a SR.???

I concluded Turley mailed it in and failed to inspire guys to get better. They regressed. Even 2 stars think they got a shot at the league and the results from Turley were garbage. Good S&C coaches can motivate guys to get stronger & faster, reach their potential. If guys generally fall backwards, he failed.

I concluded Turley mailed it in and failed to inspire guys to get better. They regressed. Even 2 stars think they got a shot at the league and the results from Turley were garbage. Good S&C coaches can motivate guys to get stronger & faster, reach their potential. If guys generally fall backwards, he failed.
I blame KD’s “no enthusiasm” rule. That has to take a toll on a S&C program.

I've commented on this before during the MM era. I think one of the big issues that CU faced was taking alot of kids who need 3-4 years of weight training and athletic development and then playing them way to early. They got dinged up both physically and emotionally from the wear and tear. We obviously missed on alot of 4 star recruits also but with the new portal for transfers we should never have to see undersized Freshman out there again who also aren't prepared to handle the schemes.

There were a few cases where the Freshman were ready to contribute but most of the time, we were in a cycle of kids playing too early, getting hurt, transferring out, and I don't really remember a time where we graduated a big SR class together who came in together. Maybe when Sefo was a SR.???
Colorado deemphasizing recruiting during that time definitely made it difficult to develop marginal talents.

WTF with the xfl. TOs with a 25 point lead?
I had the same set of comments on texts with family. What the F??!

52-28 at 1:30 left.. and the winning team is throwing the ball and running out of bounds to stop the clock… Then challenging calls? What the? Just makes XFL look dumb(er) .. playing for points in a game that’s over (a 6-3 team beating up on a 1-8 team…after the game is well over… just dumb.)

Last edited:
He did fail.

Hard to motivate though when working hard has few rewards. A guy comes in and he can coast and lose or he can work his tail off and lose. Most will choose coast. The ones who don't will go someplace else to start with where they can win.

No accountability when there is nobody on deck to replace you.

Back