What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

As of this morning, according to 247 Sports, CU is on pace to have up to 70 new players on their roster. They currently have 35 committed portal transfers and a signing class of 20 committed recruits. Talk about a total makeover! I'm having fun trying to keep up with the day in and day out changes. However, the dust won't have settled until they play TCU in 4 short months.

As of this morning, according to 247 Sports, CU is on pace to have up to 70 new players on their roster. They currently have 35 committed portal transfers and a signing class of 20 committed recruits. Talk about a total makeover! I'm having fun trying to keep up with the day in and day out changes. However, the dust won't have settled until they play TCU in 4 short months.

After seeing Oklahoma have a disappointing season after bringing in over 40 new players via the portal, that 70 new player number could be a nightmare scenario but in CU's case, I'm not as concerned since we are said to be getting a big talent upgrade.

It's going to be fascinating to watch CU football this season.

After seeing Oklahoma have a disappointing season after bringing in over 40 new players via the portal, that 70 new player number could be a nightmare scenario but in CU's case, I'm not as concerned since we are said to be getting a big talent upgrade.

It's going to be fascinating to watch CU football this season

Oklahoma lost lots of good players to USC and portal in general.

CU lost... nothing and gained a lot.

Two different scenarios

In the case of Oklahoma, that program was winning the Big 12, going to the Playoffs and bringing in a Top 10 class every year. If that had been CU's situation I wouldn't have been supportive of Coach Prime turning over our roster to anywhere near the degree he has.

smh.

In the case of Oklahoma, that program was winning the Big 12, going to the Playoffs and bringing in a Top 10 class every year. If that had been CU's situation I wouldn't have been supportive of Coach Prime turning over our roster to anywhere near the degree he has.

It doesn't appear that the CU players who left via the portal have landed many P5 offers so Coach Prime appears to be doing the right thing.

I imagine that KD hire was a much bigger disaster than even what the naysayers thought. If CU isn't playing for a bowl game next year, AD RG needs to be file his retirement papers and leave right away.

Was just going to post that. 3 to play 3 about to graduate from JUCO. Coach Prime & staff have liked him for a while since they offered him at Jackson State out of HS. We could definitely use a few DLs for the interior and he'd have time to develop if he didn't win a job in the 2-deep this year.

Edit: Looks like he was able to pack on the weight he needed while at NAU. They listed him at 6'4" 300 lbs. https://nauathletics.com/sports/football/roster/zach-blackwood/5229 That's all I could quickly find on him.

Last edited:
If CU isn't playing for a bowl game next year, AD RG needs to be file his retirement papers and leave right away.
Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

Listen, I’m not going to defend RG on here because:

1.) he ****ed up royally
2.) I have a #brand

But what the ****? RG has two* jobs now. He is to get Prime whatever the hell he wants and needs and he needs to hire a deputy who can handle the stupid little things that have gone astray like outreach to the students and fixing the things that will cost us money and make it harder to get Prime what he wants. Period. Until he ****s those up, he stays because Prime wants him here.

* - he may also be contractually required to post pictures of tiny shoes but I’m not sure.

Back