What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 TNFR WDE Sav'ell Smalls (Committed to COLORADO)

pizza-party.gif

From Brian Howell’s article today:

Kelly said Sav’ell Smalls, a former five-star recruit who joined the Buffs as a transfer from Washington, has been impressive since arriving this summer. “He’s been one of the more impressive guys that we’ve had in,” Kelly said. “I’ve been really pleased with him since he’s been here. Sometimes a change is good. It’s just good for people.”

👀

I think Alabaster Yak had the info 1st, and #1 Pick talked about it in another thread. Today it was announced Smalls is indeed going to TE. His highlights are on page 1 of this string. It looks like Smalls played a bunch of WR in HS and has good ball skills both on the inside and out. He lost some weight since his UW days. He plays high/tall, so IMO he does not look like a hand in the dirt low run blocker, but he may have the quicks to seal something to the outside. I think much will depend on how quick and fast he still is; and just how he gets off the ball. If that goes well, it is how big he still is.

I'll be interested to see how this turns out. He may give the O some options. Also, we may then just need one more TE, if Pass is back. I'm definitely rooting for Smalls. #1 Pick made a good point that sometimes switching to O can help these guys turn it around--knowing the snap count rather the read/react. IMO, some of his better HS highlights are on O rather than D.

Edit: Reading the other news releases on Smalls today, they seem to think he will be an good to excellent mainly blocking TE.

Last edited:
Back