What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

24-25 WBB Team

While I think of it, wanted to note some links from a couple providers that give info on WBB transfers:

The long-time go-to has been wbbblog.com (posts as Raoul_000 on twitter). (Note - this link is also good for frosh recruiting info.) A few specific links:

The CU specific page - https://wbbblog.com/colorado-womens-basketball-recruiting/

The current page (#3) where Buff transfer in's and (so far only) outs are accumulated (With all the action, assume they may be moving to page #4 before too long.) - https://wbbblog.com/womens-basketball-transfers-d-i-2023-24/3/

Twitter account - https://twitter.com/Raoul_000

Then, I recently found the below. (Fun overall stat from that - As I type this, there are 1,036 women bball players they know about who've entered the portal, with 55 of those so far having found new schools.)

Transfer listing page (Note - they still show Pac 12 schools under that conference rather than their upcoming ones.) - https://www.thenexthoops.com/features/2023-24-transfer-portal-tracker-ncaa-womens-basketball/

Twitter page (Does include general WBB news in additions to transfers.) - https://twitter.com/goodmansport

Last edited:
IIRC, when she came to CU it looked like she would have two years, but there was some sort of NCAA ruling that made it only one.

Boy was she good and without her that team most likely wouldn't have made it to the Elite 8.

I was at the game in the Knapp Center where they lost to Georgia. That was painful and still is. They just wilted in the face of intense full court pressure.

I don't think the 94-95 team would have made it to the Elite 8 without Isabelle.

Also at the game in the Knapp Center. Broke my heart. I still replay that game in my head. Ceal had no more timeouts at the end of the game and she really needed one when Sheetz was trapped at the end.

Palmer had trouble inbounding the ball and had called a timeout.

I already had tickets to the Final Four in Minneapolis. So to Minneapolis I went. Saw lots of Buffs fans. It was nothing like it is today in terms of activities, but it was full.

Attended the Kodak All America banquet which was nice. Disposable cameras had just come out and we each got one.

Watched UConn win the championship. That was supposed to be us in that game.

(From her roster page linked to below, she's was a (5'7") sophomore (believe point?) guard for PSU this past season. Among other things, looks VERY good from 3, having shot .415 (making 64) her freshman year, and .368 this season shooting at a somewhat higher volume (74 made). She also (just) led the team in assists with 83.)

Roster page - https://gopsusports.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster/shay-ciezki/14199

(From her roster page linked to below, she's was a (5'7") sophomore (believe point?) guard for PSU this past season. Among other things, looks VERY good from 3, having shot .415 (making 64) her freshman year, and .368 this season shooting at a somewhat higher volume (74 made). She also (just) led the team in assists with 83.)

Roster page - https://gopsusports.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster/shay-ciezki/14199

90% FT shooter gives me a lot of confidence in her 3pt% being reliable. I think we'd still need someone who can break down a defense off the bounce. Otherwise, we're looking at a roster that's going to struggle in those possessions where the offense isn't creating a good look off motion and passing.

Final AP WBB Rankings:

13. Baylor
15. COLORADO
19. Kansas State
22. Utah
24. West Virgina
25. Iowa State
34. Kansas

Final Coaches WBB Rankings:

15. Baylor
16. COLORADO
18. Kansas State
22. Utah
25. West Virigina
26. Iowa State
38. Kansas

On paper, the Big 12 won't be as strong next year as the Pac 12 was this season.

Still, the Buffs have some work to do to construct a highly competitive roster.

On paper, the Big 12 won't be as strong next year as the Pac 12 was this season.

Still, the Buffs have some work to do to construct a highly competitive roster.

CU isn't found on the way too early top 25 rankings for next season on ESPN.com so it's obvious CU has some work to do with the roster.

OSU’s Timea Gardiner would also be a huge get. Kind of amazing to see a young high potential squad like OSU imploding but what are those players supposed to do? And what does Scott Rueck eventually do?

Now OSU's other All-Pac 12 Team honoree is in the portal. (If she wants more home cooking (???) - she is from Littleton.)
Same HS as Kindyll Wetta and CU recruited her out of HS. She's a better scorer than Lauren Betts (who's from Aurora) and would make CU instantly better.

Beers 17.5 ppg, .664 from the field, 10.3 rpg

Feel sorry for Oregon State who are gonna lose all their top players with the impending move to the WCC.

Last edited:
The players at Oregon State are in a rock and a hard place. The team was very good this year. The players don't want to go down to WCC level of play and they shouldn't have to.

I hope those kids get transfers to schools that will value them. I also hope Scott Rueck gets out of there and gets with a good program. He is an incredible coach.

The players at Oregon State are in a rock and a hard place. The team was very good this year. The players don't want to go down to WCC level of play and they shouldn't have to.

I hope those kids get transfers to schools that will value them. I also hope Scott Rueck gets out of there and gets with a good program. He is an incredible coach.
I'd rather OSU find a good landing spot in general because they don't deserve to get screwed like they are, but agreed on Rueck. He's a badass.

I saw on reddit that the entire UCONN team followed her on Instagram recently, that looks like the spot.
If she got a UConn offer, that's hard to beat with their resources and annual Final Fours.

Stanford's best returning player Kiki Iriafen (Cameron Brink is predicted by most to be the 2nd overall pick in the upcoming WNBA draft), who was on the All-Pac 12 team this year, is in the portal (with the "No Contact" option).

I hadn't thought about it until I saw the news on this one, but it will be interesting to see overall how much Stanford is affected by the NIL explosion as WBB becomes more popular (and of course Coach VanDerveer's retirement). (I know in the sport I probably follow most closely, volleyball, I believe I've heard the women's team hasn't had an undergrad transfer in or out in DECADES. Of course, I assume the NIL opportunities are not nearly as great in that sport.)

For those who don't follow closely, Ms.Iriafen is a VERY talented player, and averaged 19 pts. / 11 rebounds per game this past season. (A quick look at Twitter comments (ALWAYS a great place to get dependable info!), the guess is she may end up back in her home L.A. area at USC or UCLA.)

Last edited:
Stanford's best returning player Kiki Iriafen (Cameron Brink is predicted by most to be the 2nd overall pick in the upcoming WNBA draft), who was on the All-Pac 12 team this year, is in the portal (with the "No Contact" option).

I hadn't thought about it until I saw the news on this one, but it will be interesting to see overall how much Stanford is affected by the NIL explosion as WBB becomes more popular (and of course Coach VanDerveer's retirement). (I know in the sport I probably follow most closely, volleyball, I believe I've heard the women's team hasn't had an undergrad transfer in or out in DECADES. Of course, I assume the NIL opportunities are not nearly as great in that sport.)
Found this post in the VanDerveer retirement post on reddit

I think at one point the number of yearly transfers was in the single digits. For the entire undergraduate population.
That doesn't seem workable in the current state of college sports

With Stanford playing in the ACC, why would any athlete want to play for them, constantly making trips to the East Coast. I have no personal knowledge, but I think that contributed to Tara's retirement. She's won 3 national championships. She's not young, she doesn't need more money. So go for retirement. I understand she will have some kind of administrative position, but I doubt she will do all the traveling.

Back