What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

24-25 WBB Team

I feel the same way. I do not understand what more she could be looking for.

In the interview with Sherrod that I posted in the other thread, Jaylyn talked about how she never once considered the portal because JR believed in her when no other coach did and why would she want to leave? She is correct. She said the only decision about her college career she had to make was whether or not to return for the 5th year.

She talked about not being loyal to your teammates or your coach.

I think she lost her playing time to Audi Crooks, so there is no reason for her to stay at Iowa State.

Hope she does well with the Buffs.

JR did a teaser tweet last night

I hope this means good news on a transfer

Here's an updated look at the roster for next season as it stands now:

Sara-Rose Smith 6-1 5th Yr.
Frida Formann 5-11 5th Yr.
Tameiya Sadler? 5-8 5th Yr.
Nyamer Diew 6-2 5th Yr.
Kindyll Wetta 5-9 Sr.

Kennedy Sanders 5-8 Fr. - R
Tabitha Betson 6-2 Fr.
Lova Lagerlid 6-0 Fr.
Grace Oliver 6-1 Fr.
Erin Powell 6-0 Fr. (Verbal commitment)

If the above is correct, there are still 5 scholarships available. And with this roster loaded with seniors and freshmen it would make sense to target transfers with 2 or 3 years of eligibility. I too feel Von Oelhoffen is a wonderful player, but she only has one season of eligibility. Also, with the Vonleh in the portal it seems post players are needed.

Sadler has not said she is returning for a 5th year. We can hope.

I really hope we get the transfer from Oregon State.

Definitely need post players.

The transfer portal sucks. Haley Van Lith played for LSU for one season after playing for Louisville. That ended being a terrible move for her. So she is in the portal again. Someone put out on social media that she was transferring to TCU. She says she is not and has not made a decision about where she is going.

The transfer portal sucks. Haley Van Lith played for LSU for one season after playing for Louisville. That ended being a terrible move for her. So she is in the portal again. Someone put out on social media that she was transferring to TCU. She says she is not and has not made a decision about where she is going.
I can see Van Lith playing professionally in mid-level Europe but not in the WNBA. She’s not good enough.

From a strict basketball standpoint, she can probably has a shot at a title at USC next year if she goes there.

If she comes to Boulder, could that lure Vonleah back, or make us more attractive to Beers?

Still feel like we're underdogs to get her though.
Yeah, USC and Louisville will be tough competition for sure.

Last edited:
A 6'3"-6'4" F/C who got limited playing time at Kentucky this season (7.5 min./game average over 28 games) as a frosh student- athlete. Originally hails from Tyrone, Georgia. (She averaged 20.3 pts and 14.8 rebounds per game her senior year of high school. Her minutes per game as a frosh is very similar to what Ms. Vonleh averaged (6.9) her frosh season at Arizona a few seasons ago.)

Her Kentucky roster page - https://ukathletics.com/sports/wbball/roster/player/janae-walker/

Kentucky's individual stats for this past season - https://storage.googleapis.com/ukat...mens-basketball-season-stats-march-7-2024.pdf

I was wondering how the lone remaining member of this past season's frosh class was doing. (Believe she was also the best ranked in the recruiting services as a prep.)

A Buffszone / Brian Howell feature on Kennedy Sanders, who red-shirted this season after arriving in Boulder with a foot injury (and with all the guard talent this past season may have redshirted anyways?).-

Direct link - https://www.buffzone.com/2024/04/24...-make-impact-with-cu-buffs-womens-basketball/

Glad Kennedy Sanders stayed. I've stated it before, she looks to be a point guard who can score from the perimeter. Unless the coaching staff brings in a transfer at her position she'll likely be a key player next season.

IIRC, she committed very early to the Buffs, perhaps before her junior season.

I’d take her at CU…

Back