What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2nd CFP Poll - Tonight at 5pm MT ESPN #12 COLORADO

Where will CU rank tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Last week's Top 25:
  1. Alabama (9-0, won at #13 LSU, 10-0)
  2. Clemson (9-0, won vs Syracuse, 54-0)
  3. Michigan (9-0, won vs Maryland, 59-3)
  4. Texas A&M (7-2 lost at Miss State, 28-35)
  5. Washington (9-0, won at Cal, 66-27)
  6. Ohio State (8-1, won vs #10 Nebraska, 62-3)
  7. Louisville (8-1, won at Boston College, 52-7)
  8. Wisconsin (7-2, won at Northwestern, 21-7)
  9. Auburn (7-2, won vs Vanderbilt, 23-16)
  10. Nebraska (7-2, lost at #6 Ohio State, 3-62)
  11. Florida (6-2, lost at Arkansas, 10-31)
  12. Penn State (7-2, won vs Iowa, 41-14)
  13. LSU (5-3, lost vs #1 Alabama, 0-10)
  14. Oklahoma (7-2, won at Iowa State, 34-24)
  15. Colorado (7-2, won vs UCLA, 20-10)
  16. Utah (7-2, idle)
  17. Baylor (6-2, lost vs TCU, 22-62)
  18. Oklahoma State (7-2, won at Kansas State, 43-37)
  19. Virginia Tech (7-2, won at Duke, 24-21)
  20. West Virginia (7-1, won vs Kansas, 48-21)
  21. North Carolina (7-2, won vs Georgia Tech, 48-20)
  22. Florida State (6-3, won at NC State, 24-20)
  23. Western Michigan (9-0, won at Ball State, 52-20)
  24. Boise State (8-1, won vs San Jose State, 45-31)
  25. Washington State (7-2, won vs Arizona, 69-7)
Where does Colorado rank tonight? My guess is #12, with Nebraska, Florida & LSU dropping behind us and Texas A&M dropping to #10. Oklahoma to #11, Penn State to #9 and everyone else moving up a spot... except for Ohio State, which I think jumps Washington for the #4 spot.

aTm will be drastically over rated despite their loss this weekend because, Alabama. Their resume is not much different than ours

Reactions: SBG
images
images

aTm will be drastically over rated despite their loss this weekend because, Alabama. Their resume is not much different than ours

On similarities, we actually look better. We both beat UCLA at home (CU by more). We both lost a conference road game (CU by 4 at USC, aTm by 7 at Miss State). We both lost to a Top 3 undefeated elite on the road (CU by 17 at Michigan, aTm by 19 at Alabama).

Where they get us is that they won at Auburn. They also won vs Tennessee and Arkansas, which are teams with winning records that were ranked at the time they played (for whatever the AP rank at the time means). CU's best wins based on the "winning record" consideration are at Stanford, home vs ASU and neutral vs CSU.

I think it's likely the committee rewards strength of wins. That's been their m.o. to go with the strength of schedule. I think aTm edges us and then we pass them if we win out the regular season.

Question: I know ****bailer and all that, but with them being completely out of CU's way, do we root for them against OU in the weekly hate watching? :eek::sick:

Question: I know ****bailer and all that, but with them being completely out of CU's way, do we root for them against OU in the weekly hate watching? :eek::sick:

No. It just doesn't bother us so much if they win.

I imagine the viewing audience will be in the 10's of millions. Not much else going on tonight.

I'll say we jump up 3 to #12. No one right behind us did **** and how ugly we won is already forgotten. Washington will be at #4 this week, since the committee knows that what ever drama they cause will be lost in the news cycle, so they will hold off for another week before putting an SEC or B1G team in a spot they don't deserve.

**** bailer!

How great would it be if ****bailer lost its final 6 games by losing @Oklahoma, vs Kansas State, @TTU and @WVU? 6-6 season, on a monster losing streak, and 2 soft commits from 3* recruits who are open to taking visits following a class that was gutted after the rape scandal broke. ****bailer will be destroyed if things break right.

So, yeah, Oklahoma can have this week.

Something I keep hearing people say that annoys the hell out of me: "ranked at the time Team A beat them".

As far as the CFP is concerned, no one was ranked until last week. That's why they wait! So there is no way in hell that they're giving any bump to a a team because they beat a team that the AP had mis-ranked based on their pre-season assumptions.

Media loves to talk about "ranked at the time Team A beat them" as if it matters, though. It doesn't and neither do AP voters.

Auburn should drop, but they won't.

Be tempting to put Penn State above them based on last week. But PSU was also hurt by Pitt losing again. Auburn beat LSU and played both Clemson & aTm close.

As I said earlier, 2-loss teams means a lot of warts and valid arguments either way.

Hah ... Galloway: "Beating the snot out of them." Out****ingstanding!!

If we sweep our last three, which will be VERY tough to do, we'll be top 10. Maybe even top 6 or 7. To be honest, I don't think we are that good, but I love it!

Back