What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

3/17 NCAA Tournament discussion thread

Of the 4 Big 10 teams that made it in with .500 records, Michigan was the program whose bid I supported. They were really good the last half of the year and most of their losses were hard luck. They kind of reminded me of CU, actually.

And I love to see Tennessee and Pearl getting torn a new one. I just wish that cheater's team hadn't gotten a bid in the first place. If I had been on the committee, I'd have said to put Bama in from the SEC over them just to send a message.

Funny how they're making it out like George Mason over Villanova is an upset. An 8 seed beat a 9. That 9 had lost 10 of its last 15 games and should have been a 12 seed in the play-in game (if selected).

Another thrilling game played at around 60 points per team, too. :boring:

Funny how they're making it out like George Mason over Villanova is an upset. An 8 seed beat a 9. That 9 had lost 10 of its last 15 games and should have been a 12 seed in the play-in game (if selected).

Another thrilling game played at around 60 points per team, too. :boring:

Kinda funny how Gonzaga and George Mason, two of the big Cinderellas in the last few years, ended up matched up against overseeded Big East teams that either came in in the middle of total collapse (Nova) or without one of their best players (St. John's). And look! We've got David beating Goliath in the Big Dance!!!!!! :woot: Look how crazy and unpredictable March Madness is!! It's Madness, I tell ya!!!!

Almost like they planned it....

Kinda funny how Gonzaga and George Mason, two of the big Cinderellas in the last few years, ended up matched up against overseeded Big East teams that either came in in the middle of total collapse (Nova) or without one of their best players (St. John's). And look! We've got David beating Goliath in the Big Dance!!!!!! :woot: Look how crazy and unpredictable March Madness is!! It's Madness, I tell ya!!!!

Almost like they planned it....
Planned Madness ... that would be a good name for a band. :rock:

Nova still did not belong in the tourney...any team that loses that much at the end of the year doesn't belong....pretty sure everyone in the nation picked them to lose that one

Memphis loses a tight one. That puts conference USA at 0-2. UAB was really deserving of that bid.

Both these teams deserved to be in, but oh man, the "style of play" argument is taking a beating in this A&M-Florida St game. Atrocious to watch. Almost as bad as a Wisconin game, which is saying a lot since Wisconsin is trying to set back basketball 50 years.

Both these teams deserved to be in, but oh man, the "style of play" argument is taking a beating in this A&M-Florida St game. Atrocious to watch. Almost as bad as a Wisconin game, which is saying a lot since Wisconsin is trying to set back basketball 50 years.

I don't know man, aTm is making a late push to score 50 and FSU just might get over 55. This game has had at least one entertaining play a half by each team. It's MADNESS, baby! Crazy exciting!

Did Gene Smith ever elaborate on his style of play comment?

Yes. He said that he believed Jim Tressel when he said that he regretted not telling Smith that he was making a complete ****ing ass of himself by allowing the selection committee to **** things up that badly, that he appreciated Tressel's input in telling him that "style of play" is a ridiculous thing to site in talking about who should be in the tourney, he was going to penalize himself 1 hours' pay as a result, and that he now considered the entire matter closed.

Why all the Big East hate? They were hands-down the best conference in the country this year.

but they also have the most teams....so i get a bit angst-ridden when the opinion leaders talk about how deep the BE is. inna day, the Big 8 was sending 5 of 8 teams to the NCAA. which is the same % of 10 of 16.

SJU, NOva, Louisville....all gonzo in the first round.

Why are they calling today's games the "Second Round" of the NCAA tournament?

I thought the first two days of the tournament were the "First" round, and then the games that determine the Sweet 16 are the "second" round.

Why are they calling today's games the "Second Round" of the NCAA tournament?

I thought the first two days of the tournament were the "First" round, and then the games that determine the Sweet 16 are the "second" round.

They're now officially calling those 4 hokey games in Dayton the first round, where as in the past it was called the "Opening Round". But don't you dare call it the "play-in" game, just like you can't call NFL preseason games "exhibition games". :rolling_eyes:

but they also have the most teams....so i get a bit angst-ridden when the opinion leaders talk about how deep the BE is. inna day, the Big 8 was sending 5 of 8 teams to the NCAA. which is the same % of 10 of 16.

SJU, NOva, Louisville....all gonzo in the first round.

Right, but they actually got 11 of their teams in, which is a pretty good percentage. Yea I remember in 1988 the Big 8 had 3 of the Elite 8 teams with KU and KjSU playing in a regional final, and ended up with an all-Big 8 championship.

Right, but they actually got 11 of their teams in, which is a pretty good percentage. Yea I remember in 1988 the Big 8 had 3 of the Elite 8 teams with KU and KjSU playing in a regional final, and ended up with an all-Big 8 championship.

That OU team was awesome.

Both the A-10 and MWC had a chance to go 3-0 in the 2nd round but Xavier went down to Marquette and UNLV is getting blown out by 22 at the half. Good showing by the Big 12 so far going 4-1.

This is great being able to switch to whatever game you want to, whenever you want to instead of having CBS jerk you around like in years past.

Last edited:
Both the A-10 and MWC had a chance to go 3-0 in the 2nd round but Xavier went down to Marquette and UNLV is getting blown out by 22 at the half. Good showing by the Big 12 so far going 4-1.

This is great being able to switch to whatever game you want to, whenever you want to instead of having CBS jerk you around like in years past.

They are 3-2 mizzou and a&m both went down

Why all the Big East hate? They were hands-down the best conference in the country this year.

Because when big east teams lose to each other people say " that conference is so deep any team can beat any other" when it happens in the big 12 they say " the big 12 sucks any team can beat another"

Because when big east teams lose to each other people say " that conference is so deep any team can beat any other" when it happens in the big 12 they say " the big 12 sucks any team can beat another"

There's more separation in the Big East between the first 11 and the last 5, where as in these other conferences it becomes a gray are when you get down to the middle of the pack. And the fact is that most of these BE teams are also playing pretty good non-conference schedules.

Back