What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

6/22 Weekend Official Visit Thread

Here's the list. Buffs going hard after the TE position this year.

I have to wonder if we are looking at Skyler Loving Black as an OLB too. When I watched his film I thought he looked like a very fluid athlete and almost preferred his defensive film.

I’m good with a positive review and helping us with other recruits, even if he has no intention of coming here.

Lytle taking a free trip to hang out with his brother? Can’t blame him.
Do you think his brother would want him using up one of our official visits if he wasn't legitimately considering us? I would certainly hope that he would be telling Spencer, "Hey bro. Don't come if we're not really in the running. Official visits are too important to the team to waste."

It's not 1988. It's pretty easy to keep in touch with siblings via social media and video chat for free these days.

Let’s just assume he has legit interest in CU and playing with his brother thanks.

Okay, let’s assume.

Do you think his brother would want him using up one of our official visits if he wasn't legitimately considering us? I would certainly hope that he would be telling Spencer, "Hey bro. Don't come if we're not really in the running. Official visits are too important to the team to waste."

It's not 1988. It's pretty easy to keep in touch with siblings via social media and video chat for free these days.

Sure, seems fair. We can start a bet, I bet you I win.

I thought we had more official visits than we use each year? Is that not correct?

I think it’s great he is coming and adding to the hype and momentum.

Most teams are still waiting until the season to host. But Oklahoma had a huge OV weekend to coincide with their Spring Game and USC is hosting several visitors next weekend.

MM needs to get over his aversion to in-season visits. We need to be getting in as many visitors as possible.
Why does MM not like in-season visits?

Why does MM not like in-season visits?

I don't think it is just MM. Coach Peterson at UW also hates in-season visits and so did Coach Sarkisan before him. As a previous poster here said, it's hard for the coaching staff to spend the amount of time they want to with the recruits while focusing on the game. So because of that and because of the new rules you have 2 ways to approach it:
1. Take advantage of the new early visit period and hope to make a big early impression with a recruit or
2. Try to wait until the season is over and get one of the last visits with the recruit
Both strategies have both positives and negatives. Coach Peterson is doing the complete opposite of Coach MacIntyre and trying to save all the visits until the season is over. This weekend will be our first time hosting visits and we are only expected to have about 4 visitors. I'm curious to follow your guys recruiting and see how the early visit method work out. I think UW being hesitant to use these early visits might come back to bite them wit certain recruits but who really knows.

Back