What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#8 Colorado Buffaloes v #9 Pitt Panthers - Round of 64 - Orlando, FL - GAME THREAD

If you can't get out of your test, they should be playing the game in the UMC. So you could watch most of the first half at least
That's not a bad idea. I wish I had a DVR. My other option would be to record at home I live forty minutes away drive home watch it then come back up cause i have a project the next day.

Over/U 50 pages
I'll go with over, based on how early this started, how anticipated it, and likely a close game.

[video=youtube;lv9d3WFg_tI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv9d3WFg_tI&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Tad isn't going to be doing any commercials for the City of Buffalo.

Congrats to Booker for his third consecutive trip to the dance
Very impressive, he'll be the first player ever in the history of the program to go to four straight tourneys most likely next year. That would be something.

Florida is really, really good but this is not like the last two years where Kentucky and Louisville were head and shoulders above everyone else....CU can compete with Florida
It be hard enough for CU to compete anywhere with UF, add onto the fact were minus Spencer and the game is in Orlando, it's much tougher. They're in UofA's league and we can't exactly play 40 minutes with them.

KenPom gives us a 28% chance to win.
Seems pretty low, I could see them being favored substantially, but I'd think it was greater than that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, crap. Going to have to miss the game. What should I do? I'll be in NY working. Can't take half a day off. Fly back Friday morning. Should I record it and try to avoid all contact with the outside sports word until I get home? Or should I just bite the bullet and look up the score when I get back to the hotel. They should put DVR's in hotels!

Pitt against the field:

Wins - 5
#6 N Carolina
#10 Stanford
#12 NC State
#16 Albany
#16 Cal Poly

Losses - 7
#1 UVA (x2)
#3 Syracuse (x2)
#3 Duke
#5 Cincinnati
#6 N Carolina

Well, crap. Going to have to miss the game. What should I do? I'll be in NY working. Can't take half a day off. Fly back Friday morning. Should I record it and try to avoid all contact with the outside sports word until I get home? Or should I just bite the bullet and look up the score when I get back to the hotel. They should put DVR's in hotels!

If you don't have to work in the evening, the NCAA is streaming the games. Think there is a way to watch the game without knowing the score (there was a hide score option last year)

If you don't have to work in the evening, the NCAA is streaming the games. Think there is a way to watch the game without knowing the score (there was a hide score option last year)
Good luck with that, it's just so tough to watch sporting events on tape -- can't check your phone, have to avoid websites, etc. It was a lot easier in the pre-social media days to do it on tape IMO even sans DVR.

I was hoping for a night game, 1:40 is pretty bad but I'm going to watch obviously.

I'm thinking Thursday's gonna be a work from home day

EDIT: Just found out we have a monthly meeting that afternoon and our management has been pushing people to be sure to be in the office for these. :bang:

Hey guys, congrats on the NCAA tournament bid. Tough potential matchup with Florida after Pitt. Who knows though? Crazy things can happen. Just stopping by to wish you guys good luck. Once the tournament starts, I root for all PAC teams (except for ASU). Shock the world!!
Damn you. I am just starting to hate Arizona. I need to believe AZ fans are as bad as Nebraska fans. Having said that, like you said, I will be rooting for AZ to go all the way, to boost the Pac 12 prestige nation-wide. That way when we sweep you next year, it will carry more weight and get us safely in the top 10 and competing for a #1 seed :)

We're the third game on Thursday. Announcers Brian Anderson, Dan Bonner, and Kristine Leahy

Although I was really hoping to avoid both UF and an 8 seed, i'll take this any day of the week.

We are now whining about placement. 6 years ago we would have been lamenting not getting into the NIT.

This is a winnable game, as long as we dont have a cumulative 22 min w/o scoring like last year.

Although I was really hoping to avoid both UF and an 8 seed, i'll take this any day of the week.

We are now whining about placement. 6 years ago we would have been lamenting not getting into the NIT.

This is a winnable game, as long as we dont have a cumulative 22 min w/o scoring like last year.
Fact: People will always find something to complain about. Add social media to the mix, the complaining grows exponentially.

People see the mock drafts and it's, "were not getting the respect we deserve." Brackets get revealed, "I wish we were a lower seed instead.

Did we get dealt a bad set of cards, sure but that's just how it goes. Now it's time to make the best of it.

Btw, I honestly don't think we have much of a chance against UF, I think we'll have a hard time just getting through Pitt. But I'm certainly going to enjoy this. We made the tourney for the third straight year. That is unprecedented in the history of CU basketball.

We're the third game on Thursday. Announcers Brian Anderson, Dan Bonner, and Kristine Leahy
Well it's staggered starts, more like the third game to start.

Fact: People will always find something to complain about. Add social media to the mix, the complaining grows exponentially.

People see the mock drafts and it's, "were not getting the respect we deserve." Brackets get revealed, "I wish we were a lower seed instead.

Did we get dealt a bad set of cards, sure but that's just how it goes. Now it's time to make the best of it.

Btw, I honestly don't think we have much of a chance against UF, I think we'll have a hard time just getting through Pitt. But I'm certainly going to enjoy this. We made the tourney for the third straight year. That is unprecedented in the history of CU basketball.

Well it's staggered starts, more like the third game to start.

You can reply to numerous posts in one post. Just FYI.

I don't know if this has been brought up in another thread or not, but this is as good a place to put it as any: CU has made the tournament for three years in a row. That much we all know. Another thing that just occurred to me is that our seeding has improved every year. 2012, 11th seed; 2013, 10th seed; 2014, 8th seed. The way this team is shaping up for next year, I think it's very possible that trend continues. This team has the potential to be a 4 or 5 seed next year.

I don't know if this has been brought up in another thread or not, but this is as good a place to put it as any: CU has made the tournament for three years in a row. That much we all know. Another thing that just occurred to me is that our seeding has improved every year. 2012, 11th seed; 2013, 10th seed; 2014, 8th seed. The way this team is shaping up for next year, I think it's very possible that trend continues. This team has the potential to be a 4 or 5 seed next year.

or if the model uses linear regression, a 7 seed.

Highest seed in the modern era of the Tourney (since the field was expanded to 64 --now 68 -- in 1985).

They have the potential to be higher than a 4 or 5 if Spencer comes back

So is there a pitt message board? Unfortunately I am scheduled to watch the game at a bar that just happens to be a pittsburg steelers bar. I hope they don't have a local alumni group. :(

Pitt's best win of the year looks to be against #15 UNC at home. Worst loss appears to be FSU, also at home. Rated as the #125 team for pts/game (72.5pts), #103 for rebs (36.1), #21 in Asts (15.6), and #79 in fg% (.461)

Buffs compare at

#187 (70.9pts), #50 (37.5), #264 (11.5), and #209 (.437) respectively.

If they buffs can get into a transition game and rebound as they have all year, we will be looking pretty good in this game. Pitt doesn't appear to waste shots, and shooting up around 46% as an average is a little worrying. Most of their points come inside the arc, and it appears their 3pt game is good enough to keep teams honest but its not lethal. This game will come down to the interior defense of XJ, Scott, and Wes. If they can cause some havoc on the inside, then I like our chances a lot.

Sucks about that fever you're coming down with. Sounds like it should pass by the weekend though.
I'm thinking Thursday's gonna be a work from home day

EDIT: Just found out we have a monthly meeting that afternoon and our management has been pushing people to be sure to be in the office for these. :bang:

So is there a pitt message board? Unfortunately I am scheduled to watch the game at a bar that just happens to be a pittsburg steelers bar. I hope they don't have a local alumni group. :(

I will be on airplane wi fi. Just got a later generation iPad to accommodate cbs app. Welcome any suggestions or heads up per setting up. Nervous about this being able to stream. Bummer timing basically. But hopefully will work?

I will be on airplane wi fi. Just got a later generation iPad to accommodate cbs app. Welcome any suggestions or heads up per setting up. Nervous about this being able to stream. Bummer timing basically. But hopefully will work?

Download the NCAA Marchmadness app. As long as you have a TV provider it should be good to go. Has worked well for me the last two years

Most airlines restrict streaming, hopefully it works.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Back