What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A&M To The SEC Nearly A Done Deal ??

"As we have seen over the past several days, there has been a considerable amount of misinformation regarding these discussions and any associated timelines. The chairman of our board has indicated that the regents will proceed with tomorrow's agenda item, which authorizes the president of Texas A&M to take all actions related to athletic conference alignment. I will also accept Chairman Branch's invitation to participate in his committee's hearing on Tuesday. These are extremely complex issues, and it is imperative that we proceed methodically and in the best interests of Texas A&M." -- aTm Pres. Loftin

I still feel like this delay helps us a little, even if aTm does end up applying to the SEC and getting accepted.. it leaves time for 1. the texas legislature and BigXII execs find a way to lasso aTm back, or 2. the texas legislatures and BigXII execs find 2/4 new teams to invite from non-AQ conferences into the BigXII in order to keep the conference alive in attempt to satisfy texas... this way, it will hopefully keep the Big XII alive and the remaining BigXII schools where they are at least long enough to give CU a couple years to establish itself in the Pac before any other new guys (Tex/OU) come in, and then when they do come in, CU will be strong enough keep up with the new super power filled conference

I still feel like this delay helps us a little, even if aTm does end up applying to the SEC and getting accepted.. it leaves time for 1. the texas legislature and BigXII execs find a way to lasso aTm back, or 2. the texas legislatures and BigXII execs find 2/4 new teams to invite from non-AQ conferences into the BigXII in order to keep the conference alive in attempt to satisfy texas... this way, it will hopefully keep the Big XII alive and the remaining BigXII schools where they are at least long enough to give CU a couple years to establish itself in the Pac before any other new guys (Tex/OU) come in, and then when they do come in, CU will be strong enough keep up with the new super power filled conference

I'm kind of torn on that, IF we were going to superconferences and UT was going to join the PAC, then I think this was the year to do it, BEFORE they start broadcasting the LHN. If they do sign up the Texas carriers and the network is functioning then they will have more negotiating leverage if they eventually come.

Also...and I have my doubts about this...but there is still a lot of chatter on UT boards that there is some interest on ND's side in the super conference idea if they got to pick some partners...and there hasn't been a peep from ND denying anything since Dodds threw their name out there. You have to figure if UT tries to sell this idea that they're number one western target would be USC with maybe UCLA as a running mate. I don't think they could split the Cali schools, but I could see UT and Dodds having a big enough ego to try. I guarantee that UT will probably be whispering lots of sweet nothings in USC's ear about taking advantage of their natural media rights and earning what is rightfully theirs rather than sharing it.

A&M is still going to the SEC. This is all legal mumbo jumbo. But I do love all the talk about keeping the Big 12 together (adding schools like Houston, etc). I'm rooting hard for that.

To quote someone we all know, "we'll see." I think this all has all become an exercise in winning the ensuing lawsuits. Words like "tampering" will be thrown around a lot in the near future.

To quote someone we all know, "we'll see." I think this all has all become an exercise in winning the ensuing lawsuits. Words like "tampering" will be thrown around a lot in the near future.

aggy is stuck in the Big 12 until the SEC gets its house in who they want as the 14th, 15th and 16th team.

No matter. The end of the Big XII is nigh. Is there a doubt that ou and the teesips are coming to the PAC? No. There is no doubt. Deal with it.

No matter. The end of the Big XII is nigh. Is there a doubt that ou and the teesips are coming to the PAC? No. There is no doubt. Deal with it.

They're not coming to the PAC. The big 12 will hold together somehow (if Tex wants it to)

You haven't been paying attention if you think Texas is using BYU as it's test for independence. Texas is pretty sure they are the ****. I think they may just be full of themselves enough to give it a run.

Now several reports are stating it will be announced in 3 weeks. Could be a "single-source" between these reports and could just be more Aggy-infused PR.

Last edited:

I'd say there's a great deal of doubt. Even if this news means nothing, UT and OU to the Pac is farther from realization today than it was a few days ago.

I'd say there's a great deal of doubt. Even if this news means nothing, UT and OU to the Pac is farther from realization today than it was a few days ago.

What will be, will be. The future's not ours to see. Que sera, sera.

THujone...need I say more?

n38cjc.gif

Regardless of when, the Aggies have let the proverbial cat out of the bag, now. They want out. When the opportunity comes, they will be gone. Should make for an interesting relationship between Texas A&M and the rest of the Big 12.

It seems like a couple of entities are trying to cover their butts -- trying to elude possible law suits. This ain't over 'til it's over. Methinks the gAggies will still get the last laugh at the expense of the bigliltexhowevermany conference.

So, if I have followed this correctly, the situation currently stands as follows:

A&M wants to leave
A&M's board of regents is meeting in the next day or two to make a determination about leaving.
The SEC has not extended an invitation.
There is a political movement to block any move.

These are the only facts that I know of for sure. Everything else is conjecture. Stuff like Missouri also leaving, the SEC wanting to find the 14th school before it extends any invitations, Houston possibly replacing A&M, etc. Nobody knows any of that stuff. Based on the facts that we do seem to have, I'd say it's likely that A&M isn't going anywhere. At least for the time being. We may be going through this all over again in another year or two.

So, if I have followed this correctly, the situation currently stands as follows:

A&M wants to leave
A&M's board of regents is meeting in the next day or two to make a determination about leaving.

These are the only facts that I know of for sure. Everything else is conjecture. Stuff like Missouri also leaving, the SEC wanting to find the 14th school before it extends any invitations, Houston possibly replacing A&M, etc. Nobody knows any of that stuff. Based on the facts that we do seem to have, I'd say it's likely that A&M isn't going anywhere. At least for the time being. We may be going through this all over again in another year or two.
the SEC cannot invite aggy until the apply based on the fact they would be liable for legal action

A&M wants to leave

I don't think that is correct re: the regents meeting.

I think the regents are meeting to give the University president authority to enter into discussions about leaving. I don't think there will be any official declaration that A&M is leaving for a while still.

the SEC cannot invite aggy until the apply based on the fact they would be liable for legal action

Conjecture. We do not know this for sure. In fact, I'd say it's probably not entirely true. I don't believe CU needed to apply to the Pac prior to receiving an invitation. I believe the invitation came first.

Back