What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alabama Crimson Tide v Notre Dame Fighting Irish - BCS Championship - Game Thread

Who are you cheering for?

• Total voters
ND fans. When they lose it means the other teams is doing it without honor. That is why I have trouble ever cheering for ND with their self-righteous fans. They are over matched accept it. ND players are playing hard they just don't have the same talent level.

161655__west_l.jpg

"I am not pleased with this outcome"

Congrats to Bama. Hell of a team. It's ****ed up to think that they are a fumble away from winning 4 in a row. That team that lost to Newton was ****ing insanely talent.

They'll win it all again next year if the chips fall where they need to.

Congrats to Bama. Hell of a team. It's ****ed up to think that they are a fumble away from winning 4 in a row. That team that lost to Newton was ****ing insanely talent.

They'll win it all again next year if the chips fall where they need to.

We were not in the hunt for the MNC that year. USCe and LSU had beat us. We were the spoiler for the barn and couldn't stop Newton.

ND fans. When they lose it means the other teams is doing it without honor. That is why I have trouble ever cheering for ND with their self-righteous fans. They are over matched accept it. ND players are playing hard they just don't have the same talent level.

This, times about 1000. Don't deflect this embarrassing loss by pointing to the high graduation rate or high GPA's. That's great and all but this is about football and the game being played on the field and you just got dominated from start to finish, so deal with it.

I have to give credit to Mike Golic for taking this like a man. He was at the game last night and was undoubtedly up for a few hours after it ended, but there he was on set at his show this morning at 6am and told it like it was, that these 2 teams lined up and Bama gave them a butt-whipping. And he didn't take anything away from Bama by saying that ND didn't play their game, instead he gave full credit to Bama for manhandling them.

The way this game went last night almost made it worth for having to put up with ND winning all season. I have not enjoyed a national championship game this much since the Canes whipped Nebraska following the 2001 season but this one easily topped it. Congrats to Alabama, and thank you!!!!

Last edited:
I watched a good chunk of the game last night. Congrats to Charlie and all the rest of the Tide fans.
Based on what I saw in the bowls this year I see at least four maybe five teams in the top ten that could handle the Irish w/o too much trouble.
Oregon, Georgia, A&M, FSU and maybe even Clemson.

Whatever luck ran them to 12 - 0 during the season ran out last night in a big way. I think they have almost 30 seniors in this class so they may look a little more realistic next season. They really weren't as good as the perfect record might have indicated. Story book year that ended really bad. I was hoping for 45 - 6 Tide. They got close enough to make me happy.

one of the most boring nc games I have watched. nd did not belong there it seemed and I do not see anyone beating ua unless you cheat like them.

As a CU fan, I am offended that Notre Dame would emulate CU's trademark ability to get blown out in front of national ESPN audience and do so in a spectacular fashion.

Those Domers totally looked like an Embree coached CU team playing everyone in the Pac12 not named Utah.

Hey ND, CU called and wants our face plant back.

I watched a good chunk of the game last night. Congrats to Charlie and all the rest of the Tide fans.
Based on what I saw in the bowls this year I see at least four maybe five teams in the top ten that could handle the Irish w/o too much trouble.
Oregon, Georgia, A&M, FSU and maybe even Clemson.

Whatever luck ran them to 12 - 0 during the season ran out last night in a big way. I think they have almost 30 seniors in this class so they may look a little more realistic next season. They really weren't as good as the perfect record might have indicated. Story book year that ended really bad. I was hoping for 45 - 6 Tide. They got close enough to make me happy.

There are a few more then that. They did not belong anywhere near this game and good fortune got them there.

Congrats to Bama though.

There are a few more then that. They did not belong anywhere near this game and good fortune got them there.

Congrats to Bama though.

Did they deserve to be there? Absolutely.

09/01/12vs. Navy
media-icon-tv.gif
Dublin, IrelandW, 50-10
spacer.gif
09/08/12vs. Purdue
media-icon-tv.gif
Notre Dame, Ind.W, 20-17
09/15/12at Michigan State
media-icon-tv.gif
East Lansing, Mich.W, 20-3
09/22/12vs. Michigan
media-icon-tv.gif
Notre Dame, Ind.W, 13-6
Shamrock Series
10/06/12vs. Miami
media-icon-tv.gif
Chicago, Ill.W, 41-3
spacer.gif
10/13/12vs. Stanford
media-icon-tv.gif
Notre Dame, Ind.W, 20-13 (OT)
10/20/12vs. BYU
media-icon-tv.gif
Notre Dame, Ind.W, 17-14
10/27/12at Oklahoma
media-icon-tv.gif
Norman, Okla.W, 30-13
11/03/12vs. Pittsburgh
media-icon-tv.gif
Notre Dame, Ind.W, 29-26 (3OT)
11/10/12at Boston College
media-icon-tv.gif
Chestnut Hill, Mass.W, 21-6
11/17/12vs. Wake Forest
media-icon-tv.gif
Notre Dame, Ind.W, 38-0
11/24/12at USC
media-icon-tv.gif
Los Angeles, Calif.W, 22-13

That's 10 BCS teams including USC, OU, the U, Michigan and MSU. It just so happened that all of those teams had a down year by their standards, except perhaps OU who went 8-1 in Conference. The Stanford game was kind of a sham win, but that happens sometimes, especially when you play at ND's house.

I dislike ND as much as the bugeaters, but they deserved to be there in our current system. Sorry, but that's why I've always disliked the CFB postseason. Best regular season, but it ends up REQUIRING luck to play for the MNC. ****, even Bama lost a game and almost didn't make it if KSU and UO didn't choke on their own dick. It's why it's mythical and until we get a real playoff schedule it's the crappiest post-season ever. Bama was the best team in the nation, but I would have loved for them to beat one of the other 1 loss teams too.

I'm glad this is changing.

Last edited:
Did they deserve to be there? Absolutely.

09/01/12vs. Navy
media-icon-tv.gif
Dublin, IrelandW, 50-10
spacer.gif
09/08/12vs. Purdue
media-icon-tv.gif
Notre Dame, Ind.W, 20-17
09/15/12at Michigan State
media-icon-tv.gif
East Lansing, Mich.W, 20-3
09/22/12vs. Michigan
media-icon-tv.gif
Notre Dame, Ind.W, 13-6
Shamrock Series
10/06/12vs. Miami
media-icon-tv.gif
Chicago, Ill.W, 41-3
spacer.gif
10/13/12vs. Stanford
media-icon-tv.gif
Notre Dame, Ind.W, 20-13 (OT)
10/20/12vs. BYU
media-icon-tv.gif
Notre Dame, Ind.W, 17-14
10/27/12at Oklahoma
media-icon-tv.gif
Norman, Okla.W, 30-13
11/03/12vs. Pittsburgh
media-icon-tv.gif
Notre Dame, Ind.W, 29-26 (3OT)
11/10/12at Boston College
media-icon-tv.gif
Chestnut Hill, Mass.W, 21-6
11/17/12vs. Wake Forest
media-icon-tv.gif
Notre Dame, Ind.W, 38-0
11/24/12at USC
media-icon-tv.gif
Los Angeles, Calif.W, 22-13

That's 10 BCS teams including USC, OU, the U, Michigan and MSU. It just so happened that all of those teams had a down year by their standards, except perhaps OU who went 8-1 in Conference. The Stanford game was kind of a sham win, but that happens sometimes, especially when you play at ND's house.

I dislike ND as much as the bugeaters, but they deserved to be there in our current system. Sorry, but that's why I've always disliked the CFB postseason. Best regular season, but it ends up REQUIRING luck to play for the MNC. ****, even Bama lost a game and almost didn't make it if KSU and UO didn't choke on their own dick. It's why it's mythical and until we get a real playoff schedule it's the crappiest post-season ever. Bama was the best team in the nation, but I would have loved for them to beat one of the other 1 loss teams too.

I'm glad this is changing.

How is BYU considered a BCS team? And we all know that counting Wake and BC as BCS wins, which technically correct, is a stretch. Michigan played so bad that CU would've been competitive with them in that game. We saw how Purdue did against OSU. And the Pitt game, well, that speaks for itself.

Having said all that, they had to put ND in the BCS title game based on the fact that they were the only undefeated major college team out there. But that doesn't mean they were truly deserving of being there. And thankfully they were exposed. Badly.

Back