What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alec Burks rising

Lebron went to Cleveland

Bit of a local story to sell there, no?

I don't know that the NBA Draft Lottery is fixed, but the NBA Draft Lottery is fixed. As a Knicks fan circa 1984, I am not allowed to complain.

Bit of a local story to sell there, no?

I don't know that the NBA Draft Lottery is fixed, but the NBA Draft Lottery is fixed. As a Knicks fan circa 1984, I am not allowed to complain.

This ^^^

LeBron to cleveland gave them the local story, he wasn't going to Detroit or Denver. Cleveland is also a decent sized market that was struggling and putting him in Cleveland meant that he would be playing a lot of games in the eastern conference cities.

The history of "unusual coincidences" in the NBA goes way back. I remember when the rule about signing draft choices just happened to give Boston the entire year to sign Bird, changed right after he went to Boston. That same year the Lakers just happened to end up with the rights to Magic.

Then we have a draft lottery coming in just in time for Ewing to go to NY. Somehow two smaller market teams pass on MJ letting him be drafted by Chicago. Granted picking Hakeem ahead of him can be understood but Sam Bowie?

I won't say it's fixed, just that strange things seem to happen more often than in the other major professional sports. Not surprising for a league that has a salary cap that isn't a salary cap and that has different rule books for different players.

Stern: "LeBron, this is David, we are...."
LeBron: "Who?"
DS: "David Stern, NBA Commish. Anyway, we..."
LJ: "Oh, your that short little ****er."
DS: "Right. Anyway, we are "arranging" the lottery so that Cleveland gets the first pick. Cool, huh?"
LJ: "Cool? No man! Dat ain't ****ing cool! I'm a mother ****in star! I don't want to be stuck in that **** hole!"
DS: "But 'Bron, bro, boobie, you're the home town hero. This'll be great!"
LJ: "No way, man. Not Cleveland! LeBron wants to take his talents to, umm, to South Beach baby!"
DS: "But, umm, 'Bron, baby, Mia..."
LJ: "Listen you little twerp, my name ain't "'Bron baby," it's Mr. James!"
DS: "As I was sayin, umm, Mr. James, Miami isn't in the lottery. I'll tell you what. Go to Cleveland, give it a few years, then we'll let you go to Miami."
LJ: "Only if you let me pick any 3 players I want."
DS: "You have a deal 'Bron, err, Mr. James!"

I have a tough time buying that the lottery is fixed. It's overseen by representatives for any team that wants to attend; the odds of it being fixed is incredibly low.

Are there some teams that have been good fits for getting the #1 pick that landed it? yeah. Problem is there are multiple teams every year that would fit.

I have a tough time buying that the lottery is fixed. It's overseen by representatives for any team that wants to attend; the odds of it being fixed is incredibly low.

Are there some teams that have been good fits for getting the #1 pick that landed it? yeah. Problem is there are multiple teams every year that would fit.
You, obviously, have no clue! IT'S FIXED! They use metaphysics or something. They probably hired David Blaine or Kreskin or somebody like that. :sad2:

Last edited:
This ^^^

LeBron to cleveland gave them the local story, he wasn't going to Detroit or Denver. Cleveland is also a decent sized market that was struggling and putting him in Cleveland meant that he would be playing a lot of games in the eastern conference cities.

The history of "unusual coincidences" in the NBA goes way back. I remember when the rule about signing draft choices just happened to give Boston the entire year to sign Bird, changed right after he went to Boston. That same year the Lakers just happened to end up with the rights to Magic.

Then we have a draft lottery coming in just in time for Ewing to go to NY. Somehow two smaller market teams pass on MJ letting him be drafted by Chicago. Granted picking Hakeem ahead of him can be understood but Sam Bowie?

I won't say it's fixed, just that strange things seem to happen more often than in the other major professional sports. Not surprising for a league that has a salary cap that isn't a salary cap and that has different rule books for different players.

The NBA should just go full "WWF" and script games! They might end up somewhat "watchable" then. Gotta love their super stars' "4-step/no fouls policy." That and the fact the NBA refs all learned their trade watching Harlem Globetrotters-Washington Generals highlights, where refs be-clowning themselves are a big part of the show!!

Time for Utah to move him back to the bench. They don't like young players to assert themselves like that.

must not have played a lick of defense though. all 3 of miami's big 3 shot over 60%

Alec is making $3 million this year and will make a bit over $4 million next year, when his contract will end. Does he push 5 million/year in his next contract?

Alec is making $3 million this year and will make a bit over $4 million next year, when his contract will end. Does he push 5 million/year in his next contract?

More than that. As long as he is around 13pts/game or more.

At 23 years old?

I looked at like 10 different players. He can be anywhere from a JR Smith to a Eric Gordon (if he gets to about 16ppg next year, though I doubt he will make this much).

I guess the big problem is players like Michael Carter-Williams and Victor Oladipo, who come in as rookies and are scoring more points than Burks already. A GM might decide he can just draft a kid to put up points and pay him half as much as Burks.

My advice to Burks is to start working on your defense.

Back