What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alec Burks rising

Trade Lawson, and Faried for Burks and a first rounder.
Use that first rounder on Spencer.
?
?
?
Profit.

[tweet]416780192082698240[/tweet]

Obvious bias but good news nonetheless.

12.5pts/game
34.5% 3pt
75% FT

Lawson is better than Burks, so don't know why they'd do that.

Would only make sense as a very long-term move. Speed fades, size doesn't. Moot, though. No chance in hell of Denver & Utah making this type of trade.

34 points tonight vs the Nuggets. He is averaging over 12pts/game in an up and down season at about the half way point.

[video=youtube;zvSEjFQJK-s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zvSEjFQJK-s[/video]

Skip to 3:06 mark if you don't want to watch the whole thing

Great game against teh Nuggets Burks! I hope the Nuggets pursue him when he enters free agency next year!

His contract carries a team option for next year for $3 million, so you can guarantee that he is staying with the Jazz for that price. They would be stupid to let him go for such a small amount of money.

When you can drive and finish like Burks, you don't need to hit any threes. That's impressive. If he can develop a three point shot, watchout.

he took some long shots that would make JG scream. I think he needs to be more dangerous from 3 (only shooting 35%) to get to the next level and get that nice $5 million + paycheck.

50 points in two games will get you a Grantland paragraph:

Alec Burks has amassed 50 points in the last two nights with the Jazz. He came off the bench for both of those games, against the Lakers and Sixers, and 28 of those 50 points have come in the fourth quarter. Burks isn’t likely to be the first (or second, or third) player who comes to mind when you think of Utah’s expansive collection of young talent, but he might put on a better individual show than anyone else on the team.After a particularly strong drive last night, Jazz play-by-play man Craig Bolerjack asked if there’s anyone in the league who goes to the rim as strongly as Burks does. He might have meant that rhetorically. I couldn’t tell; neither could Matt Harpring, who paused and stammered for a bit to let what had just been said sink in. A beat later, Bolerjack quickly answered his own question by mentioning LeBron. Good save, sort of.
Stylistic comparisons to Dwyane Wade have trickled in since Burks’s college days at Colorado, and it’s a good reference point to have when trying to describe his style of attack. But he isn’t built like Wade — he’s leaner, more beanstalkish — nor is he as explosive. Yet his body type is what makes his daring drives a spectacle. The hanging reverse layup might be as much of a hallmark of great swingmen as the fadeaway jumper, and Burks has made several beauties this season. He isn’t the strongest slasher in the league, but no one drives to the basket looking like he might end up snapping his own back in half quite like Burks.
Bolerjack has taken to calling Burks the “Magic Man.” It’s an awful nickname without much imagination or context. But, wait, if this catches on and leads to a bunch of highlight mixes of Burks layups set to Heart, I reserve the right to change my opinion.

burks-alec.jpg

Dre was in the Thunder game last night in crunch time against the Lakers. He had four points and three boards in 13 minutes. Also four fouls. Nothing too impressive, but that's the most he's played in quite a while.

Dre was in the Thunder game last night in crunch time against the Lakers. He had four points and three boards in 13 minutes. Also four fouls. Nothing too impressive, but that's the most he's played in quite a while.

I thought he had a knee injury and was done for the season.

that might be the most he's played this year with Sefolosha healthy, the thunder seem to really like the Dre on Kobe matchup.

I thought he had a knee injury and was done for the season.

Huh? Andre Roberson? It's only the current Buffs who have knee injuries, not the former ones.

I just read that OKC is looking to trade for a shooter for the stretch run, so it's possible they were showcasing him, but with his upside and tiny contract I'd think they'd want to keep him.

He has scored in double digits all but 3 games since January 10th. His average has increased nearly 6 points from last year to 13.6ppg

Burks finished the season with:

14.0pts, 2.7assists, and 3.3rebounds/game.

Most of the time he was the 6th man, but started down the stretch. Next year is his contract year as well. Jazz are slated to get 4th overall pick right now

I've been following him this year and it's been great to see him play well. The Jazz announcers call him houdini...probably just easier than trying to figure out the Burke/Burks tandem.

The amazing and improbable Chris Copeland had the game winner against the Bucks. I'm rooting for the Pacers in the playoffs.

[video=youtube;gEXARWBhZWk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEXARWBhZWk[/video]

Last edited:
Grantland discussed Burks and whether or not Utah extends him (about 2/3 down):

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/n...night-alec-burks-jimmy-butler-nikola-vucevic/

A four-year, $28 million extension might seem an overpay given Burks’s record, but it could turn into the new TV-deal version of those $4 million–level extensions teams gave Thabo Sefolosha, Quincy Pondexter, and Jared Dudley. Those deals weren’t home runs, but they provided good value at most times, and can return actual assets in trades.

This would be amazing for Burks.

[video=youtube;IDLDX10L4OU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDLDX10L4OU[/video]

Burks crossing over Kobe.

Not sure what the big deal is here? Scoring on the Lakers is easy. All you have to do is get by Kobe. :smile2:

Back