What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alex Lewis transferring to Neb

The AFA guy was with his girlfriend. Maybe she's a CU student and said something to the drunk Fusker.

According to witnesses, they bumped into each other which turned into an assault by both Lewis and Webb.

The irony continues to astound me...transfer to nibletville, toss team under bus on the wayout and within 48 hours end up in jail. Who knew Lewis? Apparently he was a Husker all along....

Webb, I don't get. He must be pretty smart, getting his undergrad in three and winning the job last fall after getting on campus about 8 weeks before the start of the season. Then this? I guess wisdom and intelligence really aren't the same thing.

The irony continues to astound me...transfer to nibletville, toss team under bus on the wayout and within 48 hours end up in jail. Who knew Lewis? Apparently he was a Husker all along....

Webb, I don't get. He must be pretty smart, getting his undergrad in three and winning the job last fall after getting on campus about 8 weeks before the start of the season. Then this? I guess wisdom and intelligence really aren't the same thing.

I dunno. To me it seems like he wasn't a husker until he was a husker.

According to witnesses, they bumped into each other which turned into an assault by both Lewis and Webb.

So Lewis's lawyer is probably talking out his ass. Big surprise.

Given what I've heard about Lewis, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he decided to push a 180 lb guy who he thought had disrespected him (and then the alcohol took it too far).

So Lewis's lawyer is probably talking out his ass. Big surprise.

Given what I've heard about Lewis, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he decided to push a 180 lb guy who he thought had disrespected him (and then the alcohol took it too far).

Exactly. Lewis and Webb's lawyers are on a PR blitz getting their side of the story out to BDC and Denver Post. I just don't buy it, and I'm usually objective. They'd be better off focusing on a plea bargain agreement.

Agreed. It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife.

Unclear to me how long the gap in time was with no witnesses between items 2 & 3 below.

1. Lewis repeatedly shoved Bussey into a brick wall, causing his head to hit the wall several times. The friend told police Webb then came and the two men shoved Bussey to the ground and began punching him.2. The friend said Bussey told her to run, and she ran back to the apartment to get help and returned to the alley.
3. At this point, witnesses said they saw Lewis grab Bussey around the throat and throw him into a parking kiosk, knocking him unconscious.

Either way, if this went down according to charges, I'd expect both players to be released from their respective programs. Hope HCMM leads the charge. I've been supportive of Webb around here, and won't jump to conclusions until all the facts come out. Very serious charges here.

The silver lining in this fiasco is that no air soft gun was mentioned in reference to the SUV that allegedly belonged to the player seen driving off when the police arrived.

This is also a noteworthy story in that it doesn't tie an AFA cadet out late on the weekend to any kind of sexual misconduct.

AND, this whole episode would never have happened if Nebraska's football program was under the NCAA death penalty. Just saying...

But seriously, tinfoil hats aside, Webb and Lewis may have been sleeper agents programmed by our former big 12 foes to inflict more psy-ops damage to a beleaguered CU fan base. Has this angle been explored? Someone needs to monitor ex-Longhorn Connor Wood's phone and e-mail. And I'm scared ******** by the fact that MacIntyre's daughter matriculates at Baylor.

Doesn't look like Alex and Jordan took too much damage,judging by the pic in their matching orange jumpers on the Cameras homepage.

I can't think of one positive thing Webb has done since arriving at CU. Sucking bad enough to help cost Embree his job is as close as I can get.

The silver lining in this fiasco is that no air soft gun was mentioned in reference to the SUV that allegedly belonged to the player seen driving off when the police arrived.

This is also a noteworthy story in that it doesn't tie an AFA cadet out late on the weekend to any kind of sexual misconduct.

AND, this whole episode would never have happened if Nebraska's football program was under the NCAA death penalty. Just saying...

But seriously, tinfoil hats aside, Webb and Lewis may have been sleeper agents programmed by our former big 12 foes to inflict more psy-ops damage to a beleaguered CU fan base. Has this angle been explored? Someone needs to monitor ex-Longhorn Connor Wood's phone and e-mail. And I'm scared ******** by the fact that MacIntyre's daughter matriculates at Baylor.

Had not seen this posted yet, allegedly CUD was a passenger in the SUV

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...er-player-appear-in-court-for-assault-charges

Had not seen this posted yet, allegedly CUD was a passenger in the SUV

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...er-player-appear-in-court-for-assault-charges

As long as CUD didn't get out of the SUV and do something illegal then it shouldn't be a big issue. He may end up in the uncomfortable position of having to testify against guys who are friends and were teammates but there is no indication that he did anything to draw negative legal attention to himself.

Great thread going here boys! Just like old times.

Here's just how smart Lewis is: He spends Thursday and Friday in Lincoln arranging to attend classes this summer, signing paper work for the transfer and what not. Then he heads back to Colorado, and parties his brains out wearing his new Husker gear. What the hell did he expect would happen when he strolls around the late night bar scene in Boulder, just after giving the Buff program the middle finger?

Thanks for sending him our way? He'll fit in just fine after he pays all sorts of hell that will be given him by his new teammates.

Seems like a heck of a football player though!

Here's just how smart Lewis is: He spends Thursday and Friday in Lincoln arranging to attend classes this summer, signing paper work for the transfer and what not. Then he heads back to Colorado, and parties his brains out wearing his new Husker gear. What the hell did he expect would happen when he strolls around the late night bar scene in Boulder, just after giving the Buff program the middle finger?

Thanks for sending him our way? He'll fit in just fine after he pays all sorts of hell that will be given him by his new teammates.

Police report said he's still weighing 250. Sounds like he dropped some LBs with the shoulder injury and surgery. I'm sure that once you get him on the Nub juice program that guys like Suh were on he'll end up being a good one for you guys. The redshirt year will help.

Police report said he's still weighing 250. Sounds like he dropped some LBs with the shoulder injury and surgery. I'm sure that once you get him on the Nub juice program that guys like Suh were on he'll end up being a good one for you guys. The redshirt year will help.

Maybe he started the juice program while in Lincoln, and the resulting rage explains what happened that night?

ny6aby3y.jpg

Lock him and toss the key, let the state of Colorado pay for the prison time. Better it happened there than here.

I dont think this kid will be playing anywhere...... but somewhere dark and quiet, Christian Peter is thinking, "dude, why did you pass up on the chick, obviously she wanted you."

I can't think of one positive thing Webb has done since arriving at CU. Sucking bad enough to help cost Embree his job is as close as I can get.

Yup. That. Starbucks just closed the door, too. :nod:

All true, but the DP says that the police report mentions that Lewis was not wearing Nebraska gear. Kind of throws one of the main points of his lawyer's argument out the window.

Back