What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

All-in-one assistant coach suggestions for CU

How many 2018 assistants will Mel Tucker retain?

• 9 or 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Interesting point.

One thing that fascinated me was the article in Yahoo sports about the recruiting “system” that Smart instituted at Georgia. He used some fairly modern business processes to create a system that was way more involved than just the typical “relationship” method that most teams rely on.

In reading about Georgia’s methodology, it seemed like they have taken a more process driven or systematic approach to recruiting.

We see this sort of thing all the time in business. Companies who have solid systems having far greater results than companies who rely on the “talents” of their employees.

My hope is that HCMT will bring that same methodology to CU and elevate the results of all of our recruiters.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sport...ck-sabans-process-game-changer-050129185.html

I want this. I could definitely see how this could have been a differentiator in the interviews if Tucker is proposing to implement a similar model at Colorado. Particularly since RG has said he wants to make recruiting a priority. This is what you get by hiring guys who have coached at the highest level programs, but are still young and hungry enough to drive innovation.

I want this. I could definitely see how this could have been a differentiator in the interviews if Tucker is proposing to implement a similar model at Colorado. Particularly since RG has said he wants to make recruiting a priority. This is what you get by hiring guys who have coached at the highest level programs, but are still young and hungry enough to drive innovation.
1. Hire great recruiters.
2. Implement a cohesive recruiting strategy and protocol.
3. Emphasize recruiting in your role as the leader of this program.

If Tucker does that -- and I am 100% in belief that he will -- we are going to start seeing Top 25 classes in Boulder again very quickly.

1. Hire great recruiters.
2. Implement a cohesive recruiting strategy and protocol.
3. Emphasize recruiting in your role as the leader of this program.

If Tucker does that -- and I am 100% in belief that he will -- we are going to start seeing Top 25 classes in Boulder again very quickly.

Learning about the recruiting process he has lived and breathed the last four years is music to this Buffs’ ears. The head coach will recruit and lead by example. His assistants, all the down through student work study interns, will recruit.

A - Always
B - Be
C - Closing

Buffs Kool-Aid is only for closers in the Champions Center.

I'd like to see Tucker take a look at Kevin Johns. He's got a lot of experience as an OC (Indiana/Texas Tech) and he's supposedly a really good recruiter. He just got bounced because KK got canned at Texas Tech. He's definitely a spread guy so if Tucker wants to play more Pro Set, he might not be a fit.

The article from CU mentions that Tucker was a college teammate of and is a close friend with former Vikings and Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell (currently unemployed). Twelve years as an NFL OC. If it happened we can just pretend like at the end of the Super Bowl he did in fact give the ball to Marshawn Lynch on the one...

The article from CU mentions that Tucker was a college teammate of and is a close friend with former Vikings and Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell (currently unemployed). Twelve years as an NFL OC. If it happened we can just pretend like at the end of the Super Bowl he did in fact give the ball to Marshawn Lynch on the one...

UGA fans are worried James Coley might follow Tucker out here-nothing says that type of model is coming here like a coordinator hire that would. That dude is probably the best South Florida recruiter in the sport, and he got a QB out of Cali not too long ago for Miami when he was there.

Oh i got a name for you guys..ikaika malloe! Washington d line coach. Makes 350k right now. Could help with polynesian connection PLUS great recruiter plus the region he recruits would fit well with HCMT. PLUS you think about him running our d line with mt secondary experience. I could get behind hat quickly

Oh i got a name for you guys..ikaika malloe! Washington d line coach. Makes 350k right now. Could help with polynesian connection PLUS great recruiter plus the region he recruits would fit well with HCMT. PLUS you think about him running our d line with mt secondary experience. I could get behind hat quickly
He was a walkon and 4 year player at UW. To get him, you'd probably have to make him the DC or assistant DC.

Don't be surprised when Chev and Hagan are retained.

giphy.gif

Chev as WR coach is alright...

but Hagan? I'm sorry the dude is a legend, but how long has he been RB coach here and never done much in recruiting except Darrell Scott

Coley and Lanning for assistants and 2-3 support staff members. Would not surprise me if Tucker used his Saban connections to snag a couple assistants as well.
I doubt Coley comes, he turned down aTm to stay at UGA last year. Lanning is a good possibility. I agree that Saban will likely be a big help on a few key coaches. The Saban tree is huge and Tucker can use those connections.

Back