What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

All-in-one assistant coach suggestions for CU

How many 2018 assistants will Mel Tucker retain?

• 9 or 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
So'oto just picked up a follow from Mitch Watkins / CU "Assistant AD/Senior Director of Development - Annual Fund" in addition to Lance Carl this morning/last night.

Really young - don't know about his recruiting chops or coaching ability - can't find anything on his recruiting

Did find this

https://www.cbs19news.com/content/sports/Sooto-makes-his-presence-known-on-UVA-staff-497747341.html

So'oto has also embraced the other job that comes with coaching at the college level -- recruiting.
"I love recruiting," he said. "It's a battle. You've got guys that have 20, 30 offers, and I see that as kind of being in the fire. I see that as a challenge."
"He has to be able to, which he is, attract and bring great young players, especially defensive linemen, to our program," Mendenhall said. "When this upcoming recruiting class is signed, I think you'll see that there's significant progress being made in that regard."
On Sunday, Indian River High School senior Ben Smiley announced on Twitter that he had committed to the Cavaliers. With Jowon Briggs of Ohio already in the 2019 class, Smiley gives UVA a pair of four-star defensive tackles who have committed to play for the Cavaliers -- and So'oto.
"Oh, it's like getting a sack when you're playing. There's nothing like it," So'oto said of winning a big recruiting 'battle.'
And for me it's really not recruiting, it's recruiting relationships," So'oto added. "Because at the end of the day, I'm jumping up and down for all of the guys because I love them. So when I find these guys out on the recruiting trail and create those relationships, you want them here and you want them to do well, especially if they're really good players."

food for thought: lot of people don't remember this (least of all OU fans and Big Game Bob himself) but Mike Leach was not Bob Stoops' first choice to be OC on his Year One Sooner team. it was Kevin Reynolds, the Syracuse OC who coached Donovan McNabb (as I recall).....Reynolds took a job for Bob Davie at Notre Dame to coach Jarrius Jackson.....said No to Oklahoma.

I read an article about it.....in 1999....and I remember it.

given the way Mike Leach/Hal Mumme Spead Now We Call Air Raid has spread it's influence in football and all of Leach's Tech QB's calling plays for someone and Carousel hot commodity.....Kliff, Harrell, Riley, Cumbie etc....and particular the Texas HS footprint....changed a whole culture......never know, do you?

It moved a little
giphy.gif

I hear a lot about wanting coaches that are good recruiters. What exactly defines someone as a “good” recruiter?

I want a guru at OL coach. Maybe Dave Borbely hates the weather in Pittsburgh and wants to come back to Boulder as his last hurah?

food for thought: lot of people don't remember this (least of all OU fans and Big Game Bob himself) but Mike Leach was not Bob Stoops' first choice to be OC on his Year One Sooner team. it was Kevin Reynolds, the Syracuse OC who coached Donovan McNabb (as I recall).....Reynolds took a job for Bob Davie at Notre Dame to coach Jarrius Jackson.....said No to Oklahoma.

I read an article about it.....in 1999....and I remember it.

given the way Mike Leach/Hal Mumme Spead Now We Call Air Raid has spread it's influence in football and all of Leach's Tech QB's calling plays for someone and Carousel hot commodity.....Kliff, Harrell, Riley, Cumbie etc....and particular the Texas HS footprint....changed a whole culture......never know, do you?

THIS.

We don't know how it is going to pan out so we might as well focus on the CU MBB team & chill out until spring football. We will not know until early signing day next year whether Tucker might be working out.

Why would he leave UVA for CU? Seems at best lateral right now, likely downgrade seeing he has 2 4* DT headed UVA way next year.

Back