What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

All in one Tumpkin DV allegation thread - fed judge dismisses lawsuit against CU

Is there any evidence that the police were every called prior or that there was physical evidence (bruises, etc)? Or is this just her word?

The permenant order hearing is open to the public. It would be an interesting one to attend.

He doesn't show, the temporary order becomes permenant.
She doesn't show, the T.O. is dismissed
He shows and contests the allegations: there is either an evidentiary hearing, or one or both sides request a continuance.

With everything at stake for him, I'd guess he requests the continuance, to make sure he has all his witnesses and evidence together
she almost certainly will sue him down the road

the saying is, 'hell has no fury, like a woman scorned'. the truth is that notion applies to both sexes, but here it looks like she is the one seeking pounds of flesh

Stick to your lanes people. This is a woman that has her **** together. Joe has been covered for by her repeatedly. She finally decided enough was enough.

You don't get this far in the process and have even a TPO and court date for a PPO if there isn't evidence or belief in wrongdoing. Part of that is likely a call that she covered for his ass again.

Why do you think there hasn't been much talk from the university on this? Why do you think they are trying to make a DC hire so quickly? They can't send Tumpkin out into recruits homes with this over his head.

Maybe you should follow the where there's smoke there is fire. We aren't talking about 20 some year olds and students and I can see this. We are talking about grown ups.

http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-news/...olorado-football-domestic-violence-allegation

The Broomfield Police Department confirmed Tuesday that it has opened a criminal investigation into domestic violence allegations made against University of Colorado assistant coach Joe Tumpkin.

CU's athletic director also said Tuesday that Tumpkin has been suspended indefinitely from the football team pending the criminal investigation.
Broomfield police spokeswoman Joleen Reefe said the department has an open and active investigation against Tumpkin, though no arrest has been made at this time.

"I am very concerned by the allegations, which don't reflect the high conduct standards I have for our student-athletes and staff," George said in the statement. "Joe Tumpkin has been suspended indefinitely from his coaching duties, pending the outcome of the court process."

Stick to your lanes people. This is a woman that has her **** together. Joe has been covered for by her repeatedly. She finally decided enough was enough.

You don't get this far in the process and have even a TPO and court date for a PPO if there isn't evidence or belief in wrongdoing. Part of that is likely a call that she covered for his ass again.

Why do you think there hasn't been much talk from the university on this? .

So I guess I'd like to ask those in the legal profession (or Digger himself if he is qualified) if this is true in paragraphs 2 above. Is this an informed opinion? Fact? Total rubish?

I'd also suggest that the university has talked exactly the way they would and should, no more and no less, until the facts are in and police take a next step. No?

So I guess I'd like to ask those in the legal profession (or Digger himself if he is qualified) if this is true in paragraphs 2 above. Is this an informed opinion? Fact? Total rubish?

I'd also suggest that the university has talked exactly the way they would and should, no more and no less, until the facts are in and police take a next step. No?

I don't know what happened but the allegations are serious enough to justify an investigation by the authorities. If DV has/is occurring then action needs to be taken, there is no excuse. If it turns out the allegations are unfounded then it is best to have that out in the open as well dispel further rumors.

Unfortunately for a lot of people this kind of thing is a part of life. They continue in their occupation, and hope/wait for it to pass over. An assistant coach in a P5 football program though is a public figure in a public job. The public expects and has a right to expect a higher standard of conduct from people in this kind of position.

Let's hope that the process is able to get to the truth and that appropriate action is taken at that point. This is bad timing for something like this to happen but when is it good timing. If he is actually being violent with her then that is more important than any timing we would look at anyways.

Good to see Tumpkin suspended in this case.

Despite what I said in the Joe Mixon thread, we as a society should speak up that domestic violence by athletes is not accepted and the idea that athletes are above the law should be destroyed with fire.

Really? A woman is alleging that she was repeatedly beaten up by a man and your worried about PR for a football team? The world is changing, but it is a slooooowwww change.
Oh, get off your high horse. A person can have concern for more than on thing at a time.

Explains a lot about the defensive preparedness and energy for the Alamo Bowl. Key injuries to Spoon and Chido aside, with Leavitt gone, MacIntyre doing the awards banquet tour, Tumpkin dealing with lawyers and Clark interviewing... Jeffcoat was the only coach 100% focused on the task at hand. And, not surprisingly, the DL actually shut down OSU's gameplan of running over our defense like Washington had. It was the rest of the D that was out of sorts, not the DL.

Good to see Tumpkin suspended in this case.

Despite what I said in the Joe Mixon thread, we as a society should speak up that domestic violence by anyone is not accepted and the idea that athletes are above the law should be destroyed with fire.
Small but important modification, I think,

A judge has to grant a Temporary restraining order or someone with the authority to see if you are in immediate danger.

Additionally the university has followed standard protocol IMO as well.

Back