What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

All in one Tumpkin DV allegation thread - fed judge dismisses lawsuit against CU

There is no legal case for CU to sue. The lawyers looked it over and it's absolutely been decided that CU wrote a ****ty contract.

We had attorneys here read the document. I had a government contracts attorney I know read the contract. Both concluded that they could sue macintyre for an offset. I think CU let him go with the money because they didn’t want the fight. Everything else is PR.

We had attorneys here read the document. I had a government contracts attorney I know read the contract. Both concluded that they could sue macintyre for an offset. I think CU let him go with the money because they didn’t want the fight. Everything else is PR.
The AD legal representation determined they were unlikely to win a judgement, that is a fact. These are attorneys that specialize in these sort of contracts, not government contracts.

Sounds like the Lawyers at your office either told you what you wanted to hear, because they think you're an obsessed fan..... Or they're also big fans and they are clouded in their judgement! Which is it?:D:D

The AD legal representation determined they were unlikely to win a judgement, that is a fact. These are attorneys that specialize in these sort of contracts, not government contracts.

Sounds like the Lawyers at your office either told you what you wanted to hear, because they think you're an obsessed fan..... Or they're also big fans and they are clouded in their judgement! Which is it?:D:D

I work in the Washington DC area. These lawyers are employees of my wife. The other attorney on the board is @BuffsNYC. These folks all know contract law. Except for NYC, the others don’t care about the Buffs. The AD gave spin about why didn’t pursue the matter. It would’ve been an ugly, litigious case; but, it isn’t settled law that CU would’ve lost. They were just willing to pay to move on.

I work in the Washington DC area. These lawyers are employees of my wife. The other attorney on the board is @BuffsNYC. These folks all know contract law. Except for NYC, the others don’t care about the Buffs. The AD gave spin about why didn’t pursue the matter. It would’ve been an ugly, litigious case; but, it isn’t settled law that CU would’ve lost. They were just willing to pay to move on.

I think this is right. I still think CU wins in court if they choose to litigate. I imagine they prefer not to 1) pay for the litigation and 2) be known as the AD that sues former coaches.

At the end of the day, it looks like this all worked out as well as possible. Further crimes were avoided. She got some validation and justice from the courts. Hopefully she is getting help in recovery from the trauma he inflicted. Tumpkin is getting help and would seem to have a path to reclaim a career if he does the right things. And CU improved its training and protocols to be better able to handle a similar situation in the future. I think I'm ready to put this baby to bed.

Where were you when my Buff Daughter was looking for a job in DC last year?

I think this is right. I still think CU wins in court if they choose to litigate. I imagine they prefer not to 1) pay for the litigation and 2) be known as the AD that sues former coaches.

I can only say that the AD spun it differently to some donors, which perhaps fits the above quite well in hindsight. RG did not look too smart in that conversation, but he fully heaped it onto the lawyers who wrote the contract.

I can only say that the AD spun it differently to some donors, which perhaps fits the above quite well in hindsight. RG did not look too smart in that conversation, but he fully heaped it onto the lawyers who wrote the contract.

It seems obvious to me that the wording was left pretty vague, likely on purpose since the two sides probably couldn't agree on the offset terms. If it was really just a ****ty drafting job, the AD needs new lawyers.

It seems obvious to me that the wording was left pretty vague, likely on purpose since the two sides probably couldn't agree on the offset terms. If it was really just a ****ty drafting job, the AD needs new lawyers.
No ****ing ****. Any halfway intelligent post contracts 1L could have done a better job.

Where were you when my Buff Daughter was looking for a job in DC last year?

1. I was here. If your daughter wants to make a lot of money in the car business, I can get her a job.

2. Lawyers are often an easy punching bag in many situations. RG was not elected, but he is a politician. He doesn’t want to lose face with donors even though he’s the one who signed the contract.

1. I was here. If your daughter wants to make a lot of money in the car business, I can get her a job.
She cares about politics, non-profits, climate change, pretty much anything except making lots of money and especially money derived from polluting cars. You guess it, born and raised in Boulder, CO

She cares about politics, non-profits, climate change, pretty much anything except making lots of money and especially money derived from polluting cars. You guess it, born and raised in Boulder, CO
Take her for a flying lesson. Not kidding.

Back