What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

All the Deer, Elk, Moose, Doves, Quail, Ducks, Geese and any other critters...

My buddy got his moose Sunday morning. He was a pretty damn big one, estimated about 40 inches wide on the rack. I’ll get some pictures up next week. Its heart was the size of a human head. Heavy pack out. Awesome though.
what's moose taste like?
A few years back my brother put in for a moose tag figuring that it would take a few years to get one, he ended up getting it first year.

He was a bit disappointed because the hunt was much easier than he had expected.

He got a young cow, those things have a lot of meat on them. Filled every freezer he could get access to.

The meat is a lot like elk but a little milder and more tender.

To the other hunters, do yourself a favor and check out the culinary books by Hank Shaw. Duck, Duck, Goose and Buck, Buck, Moose. (Yeah, I know. The names are odd.) Shaw is not a hunter sharing recipes, he is a chef who got interested in hunter/gathering. His books are incredibly informative and quite beautifully done.

Back