What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Am I a booster? What contact can I have with a recruit?

o, a couple years ago (given my geographic location, you all can probably figure out almost exactly when) I went to the grocery store, and the kid bagging my groceries looks at my CU shirt and says "Colorado? My buddy just got offered a scholarship to play football there, what's it like?"

I was honest with him: "it's the greatest university in the world!"

Well, not really. I told him it was a great school, that his friend would get a really good education that he might not get at a football factory, and that he'd get a chance to play high level football at a school with a great football tradition, that there was a large and thriving alumni association in the local area even though the university is halfway across the country from here - and he really should visit the school before making a decision.

Does he play for the Saints?

related question. I am a minor donor in addition to my tickets etc. I live very close to a high school coach in the area. Kids from our area are currently on CU teams and some are being recruited. In the course of normal conversation with the coach I will talk about CU and in some cases may tell him "we need to get that boy to CU" etc. He will also give me grief because there are no camps at CU.

Am I crossing a line there anyway? And where is the line?

related question. I am a minor donor in addition to my tickets etc. I live very close to a high school coach in the area. Kids from our area are currently on CU teams and some are being recruited. In the course of normal conversation with the coach I will talk about CU and in some cases may tell him "we need to get that boy to CU" etc. He will also give me grief because there are no camps at CU.

Am I crossing a line there anyway? And where is the line?
I suspect that NCAA gestapo officers will be firing tear gas through your window any night now. :p

This is absolutely the type of thing that no one cares about or has the time to enforce even if somehow it is technically a minor violation - which I doubt it even is.

I suspect that NCAA gestapo officers will be firing tear gas through your window any night now. :p

This is absolutely the type of thing that no one cares about or has the time to enforce even if somehow it is technically a minor violation - which I doubt it even is.
yeah it's not keeping me awake but I have wondered where the line is with Coach. more so I don't put him in a weird spot as much as anything.

yeah it's not keeping me awake but I have wondered where the line is with Coach. more so I don't put him in a weird spot as much as anything.
Probably best just to ask him to tell you if you ever cross the line or make him uncomfortable. That it's all in fun. I'm sure he knows that, though. And, frankly, coaches in certain other states hear what you're talking about dozens of times a day with the intensity turned up to 11. What we worry about in Colorado on this stuff is really the G-rated version of what goes on nationally in recruiting.

Back