What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ambrose new defensive coach

Hey! In this age of sexual harassers being driven from their positions, Hawg is the only guy I know who uses a rapist as an avatar!

With the addition of him and Roper that puts us at 10 with no DL coach.
Who is gone next? Need to make room!

He's that 10th assistant-the only remaining spot we have is defensive line. I thought he was a solid coach the last time he was here........ I wouldn't mind Nik (or somebody who knows better than me) refreshing us on Ambrose the recruiter though.

Very solid addition to the staff who has spent his entire college coaching career within the footprint.

Being able to get a position coach from a program as successful as Boise State for the 10th assistant opening is nice to see. Exceeded my expectations.

I don’t have much recollection about him so I’ll just say welcome to the buffs coach! Hoping he can recruit well.

Very solid addition to the staff who has spent his entire college coaching career within the footprint.

Being able to get a position coach from a program as successful as Boise State for the 10th assistant opening is nice to see. Exceeded my expectations.
Considering most of our expectations were Taye after Brown’s promotion I would agree. I like the hire and keep in mind a lot schools will be elevating their version of Taye and DaPrato.

Is it possible he'll be the recruiting coordinator?

Hey! In this age of sexual harassers being driven from their positions, Hawg is the only guy I know who uses a rapist as an avatar!
I’m glad it bothers simple minds like you. That was my intent. I’ll leave the rapist comment aside.

YouTube doesn’t disappoint.
I like what Coach Ambrose has to say and how he presents himself. Good work ethic, passion for coaching, impressive bonafides as a player. I can see him appealing to recruits and their parents.

Also like that Boise D shut down Oregon in their bowl game.

Longish Intro presser in Boise with good Q&A

Flavor for what to expect on the practice field

I remember being reasonably pleased with Ambrose the first time through. It’s a solid hire, especially if it’s the 10th position.

DL, you’re next up.

Looks and sounds like a solid hire. Like posted above, I can see the appeal to a recruit. Does he have a SB ring?

Ambrose was hired to CU in 2008 as his start in coaching as a technical intern.

He was promoted to position coach the next year and coached the DBs in 2009 and 2010. Hawkins and staff were fired after that season and Ambrose took the same position at Cal.

After that 2010 season, Jimmy Smith and Jalil Brown were drafted into the NFL.

Ambrose was hired to CU in 2008 as his start in coaching as a technical intern.

He was promoted to position coach the next year and coached the DBs in 2009 and 2010. Hawkins and staff were fired after that season and Ambrose took the same position at Cal.

After that 2010 season, Jimmy Smith and Jalil Brown were drafted into the NFL.
He did recruit “Terror” Brown too.

Anyone have knowledge about his previous recruitment history? Not that we appear to be short on DB recruiting..

YouTube doesn’t disappoint.
I like what Coach Ambrose has to say and how he presents himself. Good work ethic, passion for coaching, impressive bonafides as a player. I can see him appealing to recruits and their parents.

Also like that Boise D shut down Oregon in their bowl game.

Longish Intro presser in Boise with good Q&A

Flavor for what to expect on the practice field

Nice post

Back