What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Andre (Edit: LEAVING FOR NBA)

He is taking big hits because of his weight. The dude should have stayed another year and destroyed the training table.

Michael Jordan and Larry Bird beg to differ! But then what do THEY know about basketball.......compared to you?

Jordan developed as a shooter well into his NBA career, but when Bird exploded onto the national scene as an Indiana St Sophomore, he was already a great shooter. He continued to develop as he matured, of course, but his shooting was never in question.

Jordan developed as a shooter well into his NBA career, but when Bird exploded onto the national scene as an Indiana St Sophomore, he was already a great shooter. He continued to develop as he matured, of course, but his shooting was never in question.

Bird was a "great shooter" because he practiced shooting constantly: at least a 1,000 shots a day from each of five spots on the court, even when he turned pro! What got Bird national attention was his uncanny court sense and his amazing assists, with no-look passes and unbelievable bounce passes that nobody else could see.

Bird was a "great shooter" because he practiced shooting constantly: at least a 1,000 shots a day from each of five spots on the court, even when he turned pro! What got Bird national attention was his uncanny court sense and his amazing assists, with no-look passes and unbelievable bounce passes that nobody else could see.

Yeah. I saw lots of those passes bounce off of Alex Gilbert's hands or Harry Morgan's face.

NBA.com's Scott Howard-Cooper has Dre going #48 to the Lakers.

Colorado | SF | 6-7 | 205
Not merely the Pacific 12 Conference Defensive Player of the Year, Roberson was one of the best defenders in the country with NBA-level athleticism and rebounding.

I did groan when Alec Burks went to the Jazz but I would cringe if Dre goes to the Lakers.

The question that begs to be asked is would Dre be better off going undrafted since he would be able to sign with a team that would be the best fit for him?

Per Chad Ford's Secret NBA Draft Big Board (insider) today, Dre is #42 tied with Grant Jerrett. His rating is 37.5 out of 100.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draf...rd-reveals-debut-edition-secret-nba-big-board

We asked them to predict each player's NBA career, according to two questions: How good a prospect is he? What kind of career will he have?
About half of the NBA's 30 teams participated, rating prospects on a 0-to-10 scale. A rating of 0 meant that the player "won't make the league or will have a very minimal NBA career," while a score of 10 meant he was a "top-of-the-line, elite prospect." Our respondents were asked to rate each prospect against all such NBA prospects in recent years.

Dre was given a high score of 6 on that scale, and a low of 0.

I did groan when Alec Burks went to the Jazz but I would cringe if Dre goes to the Lakers.

The question that begs to be asked is would Dre be better off going undrafted since he would be able to sign with a team that would be the best fit for him?

I would cringe also as I HATE the Lakers. But I felt the Lakers biggest need last year was energy off the bench. I think Dre can certainly fill the roll of high energy hustle guy off the bench. Man, I hope Dre at least gets drafted.

Dre's stats to date:
note: has not missed a free throw
Game Log
DateOpponentResultMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AOFFDEFREBASTSTLBLKTOPFPTS
Jul 09vs. DETW 79 - 75242 - 60 - 10 - 06410100124
Jul 08@ ORLW 79 - 78263 - 40 - 00 - 0189031156
Jul 07@ INDW 76 - 68171 - 10 - 00 - 0112110112
http://www.nba.com/summerleague/2013/players/sl_andre_roberson/index.html
advertisement_160.gif

nice tidbit from ESPN

Already, he's made quite an impression in the summer league in Orlando.

How impressive has the 6-foot-7 Roberson been? In recent days, NBA TV commentator Kendall Gill went as far as to say that Roberson has looked like a player who should have been a top-5 pick.

Darnell Mayberry of The Oklahoman added further praise, writing: "Andre Roberson has been one of the most impressive players on the Thunder's summer league team. And he's scored only 12 points in three games."

To me, Roberson is one of the more intriguing rookies in the NBA this season for this reason: The spectrum is so wide as far as how things could go. Will he be the energy guy and puzzle piece that fits in perfectly with a team that already has a pair of All-Star scorers in Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook? Or will his non-existent offensive game keep him glued to the bench, or possibly land him in the D-League, for much of the season? That will be fun to watch starting this fall.

Now verified on twitter. Also being followed by some dude named Kevin Durant.

I´d have probably shat myself if I was him when I saw that Durant had followed me.

In the title game roberson went 3-8, 0-1 from three, 1-2 from the stripe, 11rebs, 3 fouls, 2 steals, 2 turnovers, and 1 block

Well I stumbled across an interesting article today. Basically it says teams usually pay draftees 120% of the rookie scale

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-14-nba-rookie-salary-scale

so take the value in the chart and multiple by 120%. Dre was slotted to make $925,700 this year if he was paid 100% to scale, $1,110,840 if he was paid at the normal 120% of scale. Now here is the interesting part, teams can pay 80% to 120% of scale. Word is that the Thunder's owner is hurting for cash after 2008, which is why they couldn't sign Harden and essentially let him go for Lamb. So they offered Dre 80% of the scale or $740,560 and since they own his draft rights, he has no other choice but sign. Now it is still a nice salary, but if he had been drafted by a large market team he would have been looking at $370,280 more this year. The good news is that he only get 80% in year one, but 120% in years two and three. Here is the article for those of you that are interested:

http://www.welcometoloudcity.com/20...n-andre-roberson-for-80-percent-rookie-year-1

Well I stumbled across an interesting article today. Basically it says teams usually pay draftees 120% of the rookie scale

so take the value in the chart and multiple by 120%. Dre was slotted to make $925,700 this year if he was paid 100% to scale, $1,110,840 if he was paid at the normal 120% of scale. Now here is the interesting part, teams can pay 80% to 120% of scale. Word is that the Thunder's owner is hurting for cash after 2008, which is why they couldn't sign Harden and essentially let him go for Lamb. So they offered Dre 80% of the scale or $740,560 and since they own his draft rights, he has no other choice but sign. Now it is still a nice salary, but if he had been drafted by a large market team he would have been looking at $370,280 more this year. The good news is that he only get 80% in year one, but 120% in years two and three. Here is the article for those of you that are interested:

http://www.welcometoloudcity.com/20...n-andre-roberson-for-80-percent-rookie-year-1

You know what would have helped Bennett & Co. with their small market problems?

STAYING IN F**KING SEATTLE!

/still bitter

You know what would have helped Bennett & Co. with their small market problems?

STAYING IN F**KING SEATTLE!

/still bitter

Also still bitter. Seattle was one of the best NBA markets and they ****ed it up. Those fans got screwed. Should have let the Kings move up there.

Also still bitter. Seattle was one of the best NBA markets and they ****ed it up. Those fans got screwed. Should have let the Kings move up there.

I was glad the Kings didn't move because they have a damn good fanbase too. Expansion is the smart way to go considering they keep saving the ****** markets like NO & Charlotte from the deathblade.

I was glad the Kings didn't move because they have a damn good fanbase too. Expansion is the smart way to go considering they keep saving the ****** markets like NO & Charlotte from the deathblade.

i hear you. I don't know if expansion makes sense, though. But I sure would love to see teams in Seattle and Las Vegas.

The Thunder is already over the cap thanks to the contracts of Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka and Perkins. They are very close to getting in the penalty. If they are over the cap/penalty for 3 years out of 4 - the penalty increases exponentially. That is not a concern for a large market team like the Knicks, Lakers, Brooklyn, etc. But for a small market team, the increased penalty is very scary. The Thunder are staying beneath the penalty for the 2013/2014 season, will likely amnesty Kendrick Perkins before the 2014/2015 season, and then will be over the cap/penalty for 2014/2015 and 2015/2016. After that, they will likely have to let another one of their core players go and hope one of the newcomers can step up.

Back