What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Andre (Edit: LEAVING FOR NBA)

The Thunder is already over the cap thanks to the contracts of Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka and Perkins. They are very close to getting in the penalty. If they are over the cap/penalty for 3 years out of 4 - the penalty increases exponentially. That is not a concern for a large market team like the Knicks, Lakers, Brooklyn, etc. But for a small market team, the increased penalty is very scary. The Thunder are staying beneath the penalty for the 2013/2014 season, will likely amnesty Kendrick Perkins before the 2014/2015 season, and then will be over the cap/penalty for 2014/2015 and 2015/2016. After that, they will likely have to let another one of their core players go and hope one of the newcomers can step up.

I'm wondering if you missed this line:

there is a rookie cap exception that allows a team to sign their rookies to the scale even if it goes above the cap line.

Plus even if he signed for 100% or 120% they would still be under the cap as they have more than a million to work with.

i hear you. I don't know if expansion makes sense, though. But I sure would love to see teams in Seattle and Las Vegas.

Talent pool is already dilluted. Adding teams isn't going to do much if anything towards increasing the national media money while slicing the pie up smaller. As much as it hurts the faithfull fans the franchises that aren't drawing should be looked at for moving.

I'm not sure the league (or any other league) want's to touch Las Vegas. If Seattle is willing to do what is neccessary in this competitive market to lure a team from a market that isn't making it let them go there.

Roberson had a big night for Tulsa today. 21 pts, 16 rebounds, several steals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder what's cooler. Lighting up the D-league in Tulsa in front of 900 people or making it to the Elite 8 with a group of teammates your tight with? But who am to fault the guy. He's gonna make more this year than I will in the next decade. And if I was in his shoes I would have done the same thing. He's a great kid and was an awesome Buff. I wish him all the best. But damn I wish Dre had stayed one more year.

I wonder what's cooler. Lighting up the D-league in Tulsa in front of 900 people or making it to the Elite 8 with a group of teammates your tight with? But who am to fault the guy. He's gonna make more this year than I will in the next decade. And if I was in his shoes I would have done the same thing. He's a great kid and was an awesome Buff. I wish him all the best. But damn I wish Dre had stayed one more year.

You forgot the part where he makes close to a million bucks this year. That is pretty cool.

You forgot the part where he makes close to a million bucks this year. That is pretty cool.
Just get drafted in the first round was more than worth it. I was concerned he wouldn't get drafted. After seeing the Richard Roby experience, I'm more than OK with 'Dre declared. That said, you still wonder, how good this team might've been with him, but you can say that with other players as well.

good to send him down there every so often to keep him sharp if he's not playing. Also to get him confident in his offensive game.

Roberson is going to start for the Thunder tonight against Atlanta.

He'll be playing the 2 guard, replacing Thabo Sefolosha, who is out with an injury.

[h=4]Visitors found this page by searching for:[/h][h=2]levi knutson basketball europe salary[/h], [h=2]dre roberson cu basketball[/h], [h=2]levi knutson salary[/h]

I ain't saying she a gold digger.

He played at the 2 guard, which is probably the position he'll have to play in the NBA (at least with the Thunder) - but it's not the position he's used to playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder had Dre on Kobe most of the game, results, Bryant 4 points on only 6 shots and 7 turnovers. Dre also caught a pretty nice lob from Westbrook for a dunk in transition.

Good for Andre - definitely a good situation for him...focus on rebounding and defense and let Durant and Westbrook carry the offense

I don't know, I still think he could have used 1 more year in college.
Here's the thing, even if that were the case, which I don't really disagree with, there's no guarantee he would've been drafted this year. That's why I ultimately agreed with him going pro.

Back