What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Andre (Edit: LEAVING FOR NBA)

This line of thinking needs to be banished. Jahii Carson had a press conference to announce he's staying just a couple weeks ago. I'm not saying that I know whether he's going or staying, because I don't. But this logic is just wrong.

Oklahoma State's Marcus Smart - who was projected as a high lottery pick in this year's draft - announced last week at a press conference that he would return to Oklahoma State.

Oklahoma State's Marcus Smart - who was projected as a high lottery pick in this year's draft - announced last week at a press conference that he would return to Oklahoma State.

He had announced he was returning before the press conference though. Usually when you announce a press conference, and the player hasn't stated they are going to leave or not... they leave. I'd be shocked if Andre came back at this point.

Sounds like 'Dre is gone...why schedule a presser if you are gonig to stay?
Ask Jahii Carson. The thing about that is they invited season ticket holders so it kind of gave it away. And as mentioned Matt Barkley. I'd say, odds are he's not coming back, but I don't think it's out of the question.

I agree with this. Will make the NBA draft more exciting if he declares

Why? Seriously doubt he'll be drafted; unless he has a strong promise from some NBA club right now in hand.

He's not ready to slug it out for 82 games with real men who are equally athletic and outweigh him by 20-50 lbs.

Why? Seriously doubt he'll be drafted; unless he has a strong promise from some NBA club right now in hand.

He's not ready to slug it out for 82 games with real men who are equally athletic and outweigh him by 20-50 lbs.

I think he'll go in the middle of the 2nd round. Maybe real early 2nd round if he does great in workouts.

Not saying it's equal to whatever CU happens to accomplish next year, but that is largely an unknown. Everyone's talking sweet 16/elite 8 like it's a lock. Exposure for CU is good regardless. Would much rather him go in the 1st round, then the 2nd but that isn't going to happen even if he does return to CU.

If he's declaring, must feel confident he will at least go in the early 50's

I'm super glad you signed in with your second username to make this point for the 367th time. We were in serious danger of people missing your point.

Not saying it's equal to whatever CU happens to accomplish next year, but that is largely an unknown. Everyone's talking sweet 16/elite 8 like it's a lock. Exposure for CU is good regardless. Would much rather him go in the 1st round, then the 2nd but that isn't going to happen even if he does return to CU.

I know, but I couldn't let you say it without giving you a hard time :thumbsup:

I'm super glad you signed in with your second username to make this point for the 367th time. We were in serious danger of people missing your point.

You smokin' some serious chit, mon---pure sativa White Widow'd be my guess!! Have anothah bag o' Doritos and chill---it was only the 294th!

I think he'll go in the middle of the 2nd round. Maybe real early 2nd round if he does great in workouts.

If he's declaring, must feel confident he will at least go in the early 50's

To the bold - I hope everyone pays attention to this point. Our expectation should be to make the Dance, challenge for the Pac-12, and crack the Top 25 for more than the week we did this year. But once we get to the tourney, it's a crap shoot. The talent's there for a deep run, but every year really good teams on the 3-6 lines are upset in the first round.

To the bold - I hope everyone pays attention to this point. Our expectation should be to make the Dance, challenge for the Pac-12, and crack the Top 25 for more than the week we did this year. But once we get to the tourney, it's a crap shoot. The talent's there for a deep run, but every year really good teams on the 3-6 lines are upset in the first round.
Fair or unfair, you are judged much more in how you do in a "crapshoot" tournament(and I don't agree it's a complete one) but it can definitely have flukey results than how you do against early season competition and conference schedule. While those things you listed are nice achievable goals, the ultimate test IMO is making the Sweet 16. You can finish 5th in the conference, make it to the semis of the P12, that will all be forgiven with a long-run.

Fair or unfair, you are judged much more in how you do in a "crapshoot" tournament(and I don't agree it's a complete one) but it can definitely have flukey results than how you do against early season competition and conference schedule. While those things you listed are nice achievable goals, the ultimate test IMO is making the Sweet 16. You can finish 5th in the conference, make it to the semis of the P12, that will all be forgiven with a long-run.

I think we pretty much agree.

My point is that the best 16 teams in the country do not all end up in the Sweet 16 (and so on). We could have a great season and not end up there. The other side of that is that we could make a deeper run than we should. The important thing to me is that our program gets to the point where we have a legit opportunity every year.

We have to assume this means the decision isn't made. I believe that Tad visited with the family last night.

I personally think that he cancelled because he was gonna go to the NBA and Boyle finally got through to him and his parents...at least that is my thoughts

Dre: Stay or Go??? My Thoughts...

Tick tock goes the clock as we all hold our breath for the big Dre decision! Soon April 28, 2013 will be before us. So much at stake for the team as the best defensive player and rebounder (sorry Aaron C. you are super cute BUT Dre is the MAN and the best defender) in the United States of America contemplates his move!

I think Dre returns to lead Colorado to the National Championship BUT IF he decided to walk this year a good case could be made his timing was on target.

Hopefully my opinion added a lil clarity! LOL LOL :)xo

What say you guys and gals!!!!!!!!!!

Dre: Stay or Go??? My Thoughts...

You might want to check out the big thread in this same forum titled "Andre."

He had announced he was returning before the press conference though. Usually when you announce a press conference, and the player hasn't stated they are going to leave or not... they leave. I'd be shocked if Andre came back at this point.

He did? Maybe an hour or two before the press conference word got out that he was coming back. But it wasn't officially from his mouth until the press conference.

I personally think that he cancelled because he was gonna go to the NBA and Boyle finally got through to him and his parents...at least that is my thoughts

I have a similar line of thinking. I believe that he was set to announce his intentions to go pro. His family was in town (I doubt they were in town to convince him to stay as has been reported his dad has been leaning him in the direction of going pro), this was all but a done deal in his mind. Tad got through to him and atleast temporarily put that decision on hold. I said it was 65/35 that he was going pro yesterday because this was the exact situation I could envision of Tad convincing him(and his family) that coming back was the best option for a multiude of reasons- he'd be getting his degree, coming back to the best CU team that any current CU fan has seen, he could make his mark on the program(possibly get his jersey to the rafters or otherwise honored eventially), he wouldn't be riding buses and staying in sub-par hotels. Obviously, as we know these things are far from a done deal. And there's still a pretty good chance, he goes pro, as he could go either way, but I think it's closer than the 65/35 I gave yesterday. Maybe 55/45 he goes pro? Since I don't have inside info, I can't say how much the meeting with Tad really ended up mattering. It could just be rearranging the chairs on the Titanic for all I know.

I think we pretty much agree.

My point is that the best 16 teams in the country do not all end up in the Sweet 16 (and so on). We could have a great season and not end up there. The other side of that is that we could make a deeper run than we should. The important thing to me is that our program gets to the point where we have a legit opportunity every year.

Likewise, I agree with most of what you are saying here. For example, I don't think anyone (atleast rationally) is going to argue that FGCU is one of the best 16 teams in the country, good chance they aren't even of the best 68. This is why Andy Enfield is an incredibly risky hire, they were pretty close to being eliminated by an under 500 team in their conference tournament. I hate playing the "if game," but obviously they lose then and don't go on that run, Enfield is at a school many have never heard of still.

A one-seed is a virtual lock, 2-4 needs to have a bad day to lose (in the case of a 2, a really bad one), 5-6 should win but it's not a given. 7-10 are pretty equal.

Back