What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Andre (Edit: LEAVING FOR NBA)

He is listed as the 54 best player in the draft by ESPN. I see no way possible he is drafted anywhere near the first round being the 54th best player. Maybe some team reachs cause big men are generally harder to come by, but he is not that big and his offensive skills will not come close to matching other forwards in the league (IE guys like Melo, Pau Gasol, Kevin Durant). If he goes I wish him good luck but I honestly cannot see him going until at least middle 2. In that case going now may cost him millions compared to a first round pick in 12 months. Guess we will know by tomorrow

He is listed as the 54 best player in the draft by ESPN. I see no way possible he is drafted anywhere near the first round being the 54th best player. Maybe some team reachs cause big men are generally harder to come by, but he is not that big and his offensive skills will not come close to matching other forwards in the league (IE guys like Melo, Pau Gasol, Kevin Durant). If he goes I wish him good luck but I honestly cannot see him going until at least middle 2. In that case going now may cost him millions compared to a first round pick in 12 months. Guess we will know by tomorrow

You are not considering how stacked next year's draft class is compared to this one. And comparing a JR in college to 3 NBA All-Stars isn't reasonable. There are lots of guys on NBA rosters that sit on the bench and aren't all stars that make millions and millions of dollars.

Last edited:
Even if next year's class is deeper, the logic does not follow. He is unlikely to get drafted this year. He is unlikely to get drafted next year. Thus, the choice realistically should not be about what will maximize his chances of getting drafted. All things considered, he will not get drafted either this year or next. Rather, it comes down to where does he want to develop. I think its better to develop under Boyle than in the D-league.

Even if next year's class is deeper, the logic does not follow. He is unlikely to get drafted this year. He is unlikely to get drafted next year. Thus, the choice realistically should not be about what will maximize his chances of getting drafted. All things considered, he will not get drafted either this year or next. Rather, it comes down to where does he want to develop. I think its better to develop under Boyle than in the D-league.

see post #382

Re: Andre

see post #382

I applaud your efforts jg, but you know, you can't fix stupid. I support whatever he decides to do, and hope he comes back. But if he does, he needs to kick ass and develop offensive skills in a big way. Otherwise, he has to go now.

That being said, I don't like basketball, and even I cannot wait to watch next years team if he comes back.

I think he would most likely go 2nd round, both this year or next year. With nothing guaranteed at that point, to me it is all about the difference of having a college degree or not to fall back on. In my opinion, it's a no brainer.

I don't see how his draft stock will get any higher if he ends up staying next season. So he should go. He tried working on his offensive game and, in all honesty, it just doesn't have an NBA-type feel to it. And next year we'll have even more talent and more bigs taking some numbers away from him.

Selfishly, I want him to stay. But if I were him I'd leave, knowing my draft stock really has nowhere else to go but down...

I believe in Dre. He has great athletic ability and a pretty soft natural touch on his shot. He could make huge strides to his ball handling, shooting, and develop his post game a lot in the next year. He can also gain a lot of physical strength.

Whether he does that at CU or chooses to do that on the professional level is the question.

I'd love to have him back and, as I've said, if he isn't in line for a guaranteed multi-year NBA deal then I think the wise choice is to return. However, I can see how some NBA GMs would fall in love with him and he could go late first or early second round. If that's his likely draft slot, the wise choice is to leave, imho. Either way, it's great for the program. We may have a Buff all-time great for another year. We may have Tad on the recruiting trail pointing to another Buff star on an NBA roster. So I'm all about supporting Dre.

Tomorrow will be a big day. Whichever way he chooses, I expect that it's going to be bittersweet for me since I think he's right on the line for the draft (mid-second round projection). If he opts for the draft, we won't know if it was the right choice until draft day. I just hope he gets great advice and chooses wisely.

I wish nothing but the best for Dre, but I won't lie that I hope he comes back. One thing that he can get at Colorado that he can't get in the D leagues is media exposure. If the Colorado team is as good as we think it will be next year with him on it, then I think that he can raise his draft stock enormously just by being talked about a lot on ESPN. I've seen so many guys move up in the draft in both basketball and football by being hot at the right time. I also think that he could stand to really put in some time in the weight room and work on his strength, and he won't get better coaching anywhere else outside of the NBA. Plus, I want him to shatter the all time rebounding record at CU! Either way, he is a great Buff and I hope he finds what is best for him.

Stay one more year Dre! You're going to get a shot either way. Not only can you finish your degree if you stay, but college years are some of the best in your life. Enjoy another year with your friends. Enjoy Boulder. The pros will be there next year.

Either way, we all support you. Good luck with your decision, and go Buffs!

The risk Dre takes by staying is injury. For that reason, I think he will go. It's cost other players when they decided to stick around college for another year.

Re: Andre

Payne is staying at MSU, you're the only one left Dre.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I desperately want Dre to stay. We would be Final4 good and could have a dream season. The unselfish part me however tells me after A. Payne decided to bypass the draft that Dre should should take his shot this year and announce his departure. The competition is lacking in this years draft comparatively speaking in my opinion.

Good luck Dre! :)

The risk Dre takes by staying is injury. For that reason, I think he will go. It's cost other players when they decided to stick around college for another year.
Risk/Reward. He may risk injury, but that is a low percentage risk. If he goes and doesn't get drafted in the first round, his risk is not playing pro bball unless its in Europe. If he stays, works his ass off on his offense, and improves, he could be looking at guaranteed money next year. Add in the factor of doing something special next year if he stays. I honestly do not think he should go unless he is a sure fire first rounder.

tumblr_inline_mk5rpwq6ar1qz4rgp.gif

Will's got it from a source, too.

I hope Dre's dreams come true on draft day.

Back