What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Andre (Edit: LEAVING FOR NBA)

Dre is one of my all-time favorite Buffs. Really, really hope this works out for him.

That said, I have my doubts about how he translates to the NBA with the limitations on his game...

Oops, wrong thread. Good luck Dre. Come back and visit.

One member of the Roberson family remains on campus, sister Arielle.

Plus his hoops family. He has every reason to drive down the Boulder turnpike.

I've reached out to several of the mock draft sites that didn't have him listed b/c he had't declared. Only heard back from 1 at this point. http://nbaprospects.blogspot.com/ will be slotting Dre late 1st or early 2nd now that he has declared.

Last edited:
Sucks from the perspective of CU fans but I wish the best to Dre. Hopefully he ends up with a solid NBA career and doesn't just ride the bench for a few seasons before disappearing.

I'm gonna just say it ... regardless of the consequences.

Bad move, Dre ... and I believe you've been getting bad advice. I say this not as a Buff fan (which admittedly I am) who wanted you to anchor a strong team that could be a national presence next year ... but as an observant lifetime CBB fan that believes you would have been better served staying for your senior year, improving your offensive skill set (which definitely needs work) and perfecting your already great rebounding skills.

That being said ... I wish you nothing but good fortune ... it was truly a treasure to watch you the past three years.

Congrats 'Dre. Thanks for the great three years and good luck in the NBA and beyond.

Thanks for the great three years, Dre. You were vital in putting CU on the map and were one of the best to wear the black and gold on and off the court.

#DreBall
#FlyDre

Last edited:
Thanks Dre. I wish you success, fame and fortune in the NBA. Buff nation will miss you next season.

Good luck Dre! You made the right choice! Sleep well. Blessed always! Hope you got my mail! :)

I wanted to start another post but sure it would have moved or deleted probably by someone.

So to those I offended with my last subject heading post that was moved please accept my apologies.

Take it easy...

I had argued for a while that it was better for Andre to leave

Still a bit disappointed that was the end result though. We are a worse team without Andre, but our team can absorb the loss. Hopefully, he impresses people and goes in the early to mid second round.

All the best for Dre, but I think it was the wrong decision. Here's to Andre proving me wrong!

Dre has made his decision. I wish you nothing but the best with your dreams of playing in the NBA.

Hope it works out for the best.....he is a great Buff...very proud

fify

Still a great Buff and always will be, just moving on to other things in his life.

Hope he finds the right situation in the league but either way I also hope he finishes his degree.

Get the feeling his dad pushed this on him. I think it's a bad move.

Per the DC: In the four drafts from 2009-12, 40 of the 120 players taken in the second round never made played in the NBA. Of the 44 taken at No. 50 or below, 23 have never played in the NBA and just 11 are currently still in the league.

Hope he defies the odds and proves the naysayers wrong ... Dre's a big reason we're on the CBB map now.

Get the feeling his dad pushed this on him. I think it's a bad move.

Per the DC: In the four drafts from 2009-12, 40 of the 120 players taken in the second round never made played in the NBA. Of the 44 taken at No. 50 or below, 23 have never played in the NBA and just 11 are currently still in the league.

Hope he defies the odds and proves the naysayers wrong ... Dre's a big reason we're on the CBB map now.

22/40 players on that list were International players. If he goes in the top 50, I think the odds are decent he sticks around at least for a couple seasons.

It was the right choice people. The NBA wants raw prospects. Dee is still raw, if he would have stayed they would look down upon this. Also, he cannot improve his offense. Get that through your thick skulls.

22/40 players on that list were International players. If he goes in the top 50, I think the odds are decent he sticks around at least for a couple seasons.

Sticks around where? Europe? Could have stayed here, with free performance training and overall BB coaching, paying only for some add-on "O" coaching (if he felt he needed it and probably did). Except for the latter, he'll now he pay for that formerly free stuff out-of-pocket---oh, and tuiton too. He easliy could have graduated and gone to Europe like Levi and Dufault did, likely for even more scratch than those two pull in.

Nonetheless, Dad won, and we all wish Andre the best. It was always fun to watch a him and count the boards he pulled in to see if he could notch another double-double. (But then, Gordon and Thomas just got huge smiles on their faces for next season.)

Sticks around where? Europe? Could have stayed here, with free performance training and overall BB coaching, paying only for some add-on "O" coaching (if he felt he needed it and probably did). Except for the latter, he'll now he pay for that formerly free stuff out-of-pocket---oh, and tuiton too. He easliy could have graduated and gone to Europe like Levi and Dufault did, likely for even more scratch than those two pull in.

Nonetheless, Dad won, and we all wish Andre the best. It was always fun to watch a him and count the boards he pulled in to see if he could notch another double-double. (But then, Gordon and Thomas just got huge smiles on their faces for next season.)

Even in a worst-case scenario where he ends up in Europe, you don't think he'll be coached up and have access to a weight room and professional trainer? Of course he will, while also getting paid for it and being able to focus solely on basketball year-round. I've felt all along that this was the right decision and am more bullish on his pro prospects than others, but at least I could see most of the arguments for staying. This is just bordering on ridiculous.

And to Dre, congrats and good luck! You will be missed next year, but it's time to work even harder and prove a few folks wrong!

It was the right choice people. The NBA wants raw prospects. Dee is still raw, if he would have stayed they would look down upon this. Also, he cannot improve his offense. Get that through your thick skulls.
you're 15, talk to us like adults you little brat.

Back