What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Anyone expect MacIntyre to be fired?

Goober huh, been awhile since I heard that one. All I know is they need to shut the **** up publicly and sent that peckerwood packing. Doubt they'll do that.

Just so I'm clear-was this goober Kroll the one who asked for this? I've seen multiple things saying it was DiStefano who made the decision to delay Mac's extension public.....seems like Kroll just stepped in it by publicly saying something other than "no comment". Correct me if I'm wrong.
I just mentioned in the other thread, that the Region's have not even discussed this yet. This is one hundred percent Phil. He needs to go.

What was the promotion? That he called plays? Go back and read the quotes from MacIntyre while everyone in the local media was on the Tumpkin train pimping the guy to be the next DC. There was even a statement from JL supporting JT getting the DC job. MM never called the game an audition, never confirmed that JT was a candidate, kept repeating that there would be a search and it would take as long as it would take.

I think that most of the reason for this story is that media ended up looking like assholes for how much they were behind Tumpkin to be the next DC, not knowing about what was going on behind the scenes while they were interviewing JT and interlacing stories with their own speculation. No one likes looking like an asshole.

Someone please explain to me what MacIntyre did that went against university policy or procedure.
You are giving the press way too much credit to assume they realize they are just press release and controlled speech followed by a brief Q&A media zombies.

Laws of the Board of Regents
9. Reporting Suspected Misconduct
The University of Colorado is committed to meeting federal and state legal requirements and fostering a culture of compliance. University employees are expected to report known and suspected violations of university policies, as well as violations of applicable laws and regulations to appropriate offices. The university provides several options for reporting violations. Employees are encouraged to first report any known or suspected violations to their direct supervisor. Fraud, theft, embezzlement, abuse, or waste may be reported to the University Department of Internal Audit. The University's Ethics Hotline allows individuals to anonymously report concerns involving a possible violation of law, regulation, or policy. All university employees who act in good faith in reporting known or suspected violations of law or university policy are protected from retaliation.

Just so I'm clear-was this goober Kroll the one who asked for this? I've seen multiple things saying it was DiStefano who made the decision to delay Mac's extension public.....seems like Kroll just stepped in it by publicly saying something other than "no comment". Correct me if I'm wrong.

Apparently, it was a small administrative matter where Phil D hired an outside group to interview the parties involved, do an investigation, and make recommendations on how to improve policy and process. He didn't want the contract on the Regent agenda this week because he felt it was appropriate to wait until after that was done. Then, it would either be brought up at the next meeting or they'll call a special meeting to approve the contract.

Every Regent except Kroll gave a "no comment" and saw it as an internal administrative decision that wasn't a big deal.

Kroll decided to make political hay by being a quote machine for a Sarah Kuta article on the matter.

Speculation here that Coach Mac wishes he could have suspended or fired Tumpkin before he was announced that he would call plays...

Here me out:

The moment that Leavitt leaves they have a staff meeting and make the comment amongst the staff that JT would be the best fit to call plays, and that as the crazy schedules of recruiting and the Mac coach of the year tours wind up they will make it formal. Then the woman calls and Mac, who is a really sincere, honest, and spiritual man is in a huge quandry about his staff member and wonders what to do. Since the wheels of the play calling decision was already set in motion, and anything that looks suspicious to JT could set him off and make things worse, Mac goes along with the play calling decision to keep things appearing normal while he gets legal advice about what to do. The bowl game goes off and there is no doubt that the team is off kilter with the head coach distracted. They did not look the same and were not fired up in any way with a head coach that is so tormented by this horrible situation. Mac loves his players so much that he made the mistake of trying to keep things as consistent as possible with JT to help them get through their first bowl game. I believe that is his only mistake, not to win games but to not ruin the student athlete experience for a great senior class.

Then, the legal ducks get in a row and he is asked to resign and here we are at the right place at the wrong time. I believe that Mac has and would follow procedure 100% of the time and that another situation like this will never, ever, ever happen again!!!

Nobody better get fired over this, no way, no how.

Apparently, it was a small administrative matter where Phil D hired an outside group to interview the parties involved, do an investigation, and make recommendations on how to improve policy and process. He didn't want the contract on the Regent agenda this week because he felt it was appropriate to wait until after that was done. Then, it would either be brought up at the next meeting or they'll call a special meeting to approve the contract.

Every Regent except Kroll gave a "no comment" and saw it as an internal administrative decision that wasn't a big deal.

Kroll decided to make political hay by being a quote machine for a Sarah Kuta article on the matter.

That article really pissed me off. She stated, falsely, that the ad was required to report to the oiec, when they were not, and then quoted rick george and distephano in a way that made it sound as though they were admitting wrongdoing. The camera cant die fast enough.

That was my impression.....just wanted to confirm it was correct. I still don't get how a 28 year old or whatever he is managed to score himself a seat on the Board of Regents. Howell is probably right here. Nobody did anything fireable, but there were a few mistakes here. We'll get this fixed.....maybe with some slaps on the wrist, and then move on.

Lucky got beat in the primary by Kroll. They are both Democrats and Kroll ended up unopposed on November ballot.

Yup, I lost in the primary by 1,500 votes out of some 50,000+ primary votes cast in the first congressional district. My disagreements with Kroll on a whole range of issues are well known, in particular his fact-free grandstanding against CU Athletics. All that said, I think that we all need to take a deep breath at this stage. The Regents have not yet taken any action on this. They are waiting for the investigation that is already ongoing to be done, before they vote on MM's contract. From the governance perspective, this is probably the right call. Let's all get the facts and, if they are what we all think they are, there shouldn't be any issues.

But, if any of you are in Boulder on Friday and want to make your feelings known, the Public Comment period is scheduled for 8 am at UMC 235. Be sure to sign up for a speaking slot with the Board secretary when you get there.

Yup, I lost in the primary by 1,500 votes out of some 50,000+ primary votes cast in the first congressional district. My disagreements with Kroll on a whole range of issues are well known, in particular his fact-free grandstanding against CU Athletics. All that said, I think that we all need to take a deep breath at this stage. The Regents have not yet taken any action on this. They are waiting for the investigation that is already ongoing to be done, before they vote on MM's contract. From the governance perspective, this is probably the right call. Let's all get the facts and, if they are what we all think they are, there shouldn't be any issues.

But, if any of you are in Boulder on Friday and want to make your feelings known, the Public Comment period is scheduled for 8 am at UMC 235. Be sure to sign up for a speaking slot with the Board secretary when you get there.
Thanks for posting. I think we're mostly upset that this is being dragged through the media. And I, for one, do not trust "independent investigators" being paid to find wrong doing. The investigator feels he/she must find something to justify their job.

Thanks for posting. I think we're mostly upset that this is being dragged through the media. And I, for one, do not trust "independent investigators" being paid to find wrong doing. The investigator feels he/she must find something to justify their job.

i agree with that, some. CU has the worst PR people on planet Earth. i was on campus every day during the Barney "scandal" and Ward Churchill.....doesn't even seem like we've learned anything.

not so much on topic per se but CU has always been a lazy institution that gets fat on out-of-state tuition but it's time to be better on the over paid, bloated administration side.

Last edited:
I continue to believe that MM let this woman down as a human - but don't believe he violated any rules legally. I don't believe he'll get fired unless they feel like this has undermined his leadership. You'd hope that cooler heads will prevail when they consider the great lengths it took to even build the program to this point.

I will say that I see a lot of disdain for Kroll and the media, but not much for Tumpkin. Just a friendly reminder that he caused 100% of these problems because of his inability to behave like a rational human. Tumpkin is the one who is worthy of our disdain above anyone else - I hope he is the one who ends up suffering the most when all is said and done.

I continue to believe that MM let this woman down as a human - but don't believe he violated any rules legally. I don't believe he'll get fired unless they feel like this has undermined his leadership. You'd hope that cooler heads will prevail when they consider the great lengths it took to even build the program to this point.

I will say that I see a lot of disdain for Kroll and the media, but not much for Tumpkin. Just a friendly reminder that he caused 100% of these problems because of his inability to behave like a rational human. Tumpkin is the one who is worthy of our disdain above anyone else - I hope he is the one who ends up suffering the most when all is said and done.
There's plenty of disdain for Tumpkin, but he is no longer on staff and part of the discussion. Neither is the woman or the incident. At this point, the discussion is surrounding the hold on Mac's contract extension while a 3rd party does an investigation to determine what procedures were followed and how to fix them going forward. The disdain for Kroll comes because the other 8 regents simply gave the Daily Camera a "no comment", while that 28-year-old, with minimal life experience, shot his mouth off to one of the more anti-CU football "journalists" around. Plus, basically everything he has said up to this point about CU football, has been based in alternative facts. And he looks like the offspring of a koala ****ing a sloth.

There's plenty of disdain for Tumpkin, but he is no longer on staff and part of the discussion. Neither is the woman or the incident. At this point, the discussion is surrounding the hold on Mac's contract extension while a 3rd party does an investigation to determine what procedures were followed and how to fix them going forward. The disdain for Kroll comes because the other 8 regents simply gave the Daily Camera a "no comment", while that 28-year-old with minimal life experience shot is mouth off to one of the more anti-CU football "journalists" around. Plus, basically everything he has said up to this point about CU football, has been based in alternative facts. And he looks like the offspring of a koala ****ing a sloth.
Fair enough - he seems worthy of our disdain. And Tumpkin can rot in hell.

Back