What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Are we a top 25 team?

BTW....nice post over on the beavs board. Solid avatar as well....they have to appreciate it too considering it was against the ducks

For sure. I think that right now with them being in rebuild mode, a lot of them are enjoying a UO loss as much or more than an OSU win.

http://www.espn.com/chalk/insider/s...s-move-top-25-rankings-las-vegas-handicappers

i

25. Colorado Buffaloes(Rating: 44.6; Last week: No. 38)

Colorado has not been ranked in the AP Top 25 since 2005, but the Vegas ratings are high on the Buffaloes. All three rankings systems have Colorado in the top 30.

We just need an evening tornado on ranking-clinching victory and everything will come full circle. Not many tornadoes at the Coliseum though.

CU is as good as any of the teams ranked higher than #12. The problem with predicting our future rank is the problem of predicting future win/losses against who knows what competition in the PAC12. If teams were ranked based on how good they are at the very moment and not based on history, then I think we could possibly play 7 more ranked teams...because all the teams in the PAC12, except for OSU, might as well be ranked teams.

A good example is WSU. Do you really think they will be 'losing to FCS' bad, or even 'losing to Boise' bad by the time they play us? Even the media now understands that this is just what Mike Leach does; they are predicting that WSU will come and push Oregon beyond the brink this week. But WSU is not going to get ranked.

Arizona was down a lot of players due to injury so they come out of OOC looking like dog****. Then they bring it to UW. Will they suck when we play them?

The PAC12 always does this **** and it drives me crazy.

There will be some upsets this Saturday and there will be some ranked teams brought back to reality. If the Buffs come out and make short work out of the human fleshlights, then we will be ranked come Monday AM. The Buffs need to just take care of the Buffs and their schedule, it's all you can do? Let all that other crap take care of itself. The Buffs need to just keep getting better. As we get kids back from injuries and suspensions this will happen.

Who knows this?

In order to win the South, is it the best divisional record or best conference record? I assume the former but hoping to get some confirmation.

a 3 conference loss team is going to win the p12 south. Why not us?
There will be a thread on this after OSU.

Who knows this?

In order to win the South, is it the best divisional record or best conference record? I assume the former but hoping to get some confirmation.

I think conference, but division is next tie breaker step. Not 100% though

From wiki

Division standings are based on each team's overall conference record. In the event that two teams are tied, head-to head competition would break the tie. If three or more teams are tied, the following tiebreakers are used to determine the divisional champion:

• The following procedures will only be used to eliminate all but two teams, at which point the two-team tie-breaking procedure (head-to-head result) will be applied.
  1. Head-to-head (best record in games among the tied teams).
  2. Record in games played within the division.
  3. Record against the next highest placed team in the division (based on record in all Conference games, both divisional and cross-divisional), proceeding through the division.
  4. Record in common Conference games.
  5. Highest CFP ranking following the last weekend of regular-season games.

From wiki

Division standings are based on each team's overall conference record. In the event that two teams are tied, head-to head competition would break the tie. If three or more teams are tied, the following tiebreakers are used to determine the divisional champion:

• The following procedures will only be used to eliminate all but two teams, at which point the two-team tie-breaking procedure (head-to-head result) will be applied.
  1. Head-to-head (best record in games among the tied teams).
  2. Record in games played within the division.
  3. Record against the next highest placed team in the division (based on record in all Conference games, both divisional and cross-divisional), proceeding through the division.
  4. Record in common Conference games.
  5. Highest CFP ranking following the last weekend of regular-season games.
Awesome S2S! Thanks!

I would be very happy with 7-5 and #3 in the south, although I think we can realistically do even better

I'd be pleased with 7-5 too, just found the way they had it playing out a bit uncanny. I'm not sure Wazzu is going to have much to play for by the time we meet. I'm more confident about beating the Cougs in Boulder than I am most of our remaining games.

I'd be pleased with 7-5 too, just found the way they had it playing out a bit uncanny. I'm not sure Wazzu is going to have much to play for by the time we meet. I'm more confident about beating the Cougs in Boulder than I am most of our remaining games.
Going 4-4 in the remaining games would be a bit of a bummer given where we are at right now, but, in all honesty, I would take it and run.

Back