What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Arizona Game - Official Thread (10/7, 6 PM, Pac-12 Network)

I'm not really getting this in terms of relevance to what the Buffs defense is better at defending. I think it is pretty clear they struggle against big physical teams, even going back to last year. We have a smaller, quicker defensive line, a rover that plays linebacker for us and good safeties that help out in the run game. I would rather face an offense like Arizona with what we have than a Stanford for example.
Arizona is a little different in that they use their QB extensively in the run game from most teams.

Dawkins in the run game is what scares me the most. He has had some gigantic gashers against CU the last few years. If they get that going, it will open up their run game completely and CU could be in big trouble.

Arizona is a little different in that they use their QB extensively in the run game from most teams.

Dawkins in the run game is what scares me the most. He has had some gigantic gashers against CU the last few years. If they get that going, it will open up their run game completely and CU could be in big trouble.
Dawkins had 70 yards against us last year at 4.2 yards a carry with a long of 20. That’s not a lot at all considering be only completed 9 passes the entire game. He didn’t play two years ago when that qb ran for those gashers in the fourth quarter once they benched Solomon and we were playing a true freshman at middle linebacker because we were so banged up.

I just think there is a little but if over hype about their offense when that should be the last of our worries. The defense has shown they can play well, we need to worry about scoring the damn football.

Things to watch:
1) Montez TO's
2) Our OL;
3) Can our defense handle the horizontal stretch this Zona offense will put on them? This is the kind of game where Gamboa can get exposed.
Has there been a game that hasn't exposed Gamboa? I know thats damn critical, but he is one of the slowest dudes on D I've ever seen. He's apparently smart as balls, but damn does that guy clod down the field. I like the guy, hope he turns out to be a hell of a coach.

I just think there is a little but if over hype about their offense when that should be the last of our worries. The defense has shown they can play well, we need to worry about scoring the damn football.

The reality is, there just is not a whole lot of regard for the talent level on the defense (especially in the front 7) notwithstanding their surpassing many expectations thus far. So, there will probably be posts expressing anxiety about matchups for any kind of offense CU plays the remainder of the season.

Dawkins had 70 yards against us last year at 4.2 yards a carry with a long of 20. That’s not a lot at all considering be only completed 9 passes the entire game. He didn’t play two years ago when that qb ran for those gashers in the fourth quarter once they benched Solomon and we were playing a true freshman at middle linebacker because we were so banged up.

Ahhh, kept thinking Dawkins came into the game two years ago.

I think we all know CU's offense/oline is the issue this year, but doesn't mean Dawkins and the Arizona offense can't get going and really hurt CU. Stretching CU's defense sideline to sideline is something we haven't dealt with this year. It's probably not the biggest issue, but something to keep an eye on.

Has there been a game that hasn't exposed Gamboa? I know thats damn critical, but he is one of the slowest dudes on D I've ever seen. He's apparently smart as balls, but damn does that guy clod down the field. I like the guy, hope he turns out to be a hell of a coach.

He's slow, but he makes up for it by being short, too.

What makes it worse for him this year is that he's playing next to someone as athletic as Drew Lewis. He would have been a good LB 25 years ago against teams that primarily ran the ball between the tackles, but linebackers today really need to be able to play sideline to sideline.

Was it last year that Gillam had that wide open full Sprint hit on Randall? Basically took him of his feet and Jack knifed him into the ground. I wish Addison stayed healthy during his time. A lot of fun to watch.

Back