What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Assistants

Don't go full BCS. You seem to be cracking up here.

It usually takes an assistant being completely incompetent to get fired. Do you really see that happening after next season.

More like "I suppose so and so was not that bad, and it is always a tough transition to a new coach."

It usually takes an assistant being completely incompetent to get fired. Do you really see that happening after next season.

More like "I suppose so and so was not that bad, and it is always a tough transition to a new coach."
I think you're working yourself up to a lather when we don't really know what will happen. My impression is that if Dorrell realizes that he whiffed with one of these guys after next year, he'll do what needs to be done to strengthen the team.

Their buyouts will be smaller (or nonexistent) at that point as well.

I think you're working yourself up to a lather when we don't really know what will happen. My impression is that if Dorrell realizes that he whiffed with one of these guys after next year, he'll do what needs to be done to strengthen the team.

Based on what?

After one year?

If he did, I stand corrected.
I'm not sure - my post was a legitimate question. I mostly agree someone would have to be pretty bad to be fired in a year, but I seem to recall he had no trouble firing people when they needed to be. So, at least not another HCMM.

I think we could say that Utah and Wisconsin have been pretty insular, especially Wisconsin.
Honestly Wisco should be the blueprint. If you follow them as close as i do you would know they have the same issues as we do. The past two coaches that left complained about salary pools, and getting recruits admitted. Paul Chryst makes +/- $3.7 million/year not $5 million plus like Midnight. CU facilities are better by a mile. Only true advantages they have are unlimited farm boys willing to walk on and beef up before sniffing the field and/or scholarship. And consistency in philosophy of course

I’m sad that we had a positive Duff for only one year. The board negativity is almost depressing and unbearable to read at this point.

And I’m not saying the doomsayers are wrong. But I wanted hope and it seems like we are going to take all the leftovers and just fill in the holes.

I need a new hobby that doesn’t kill me slowly every day. With every post.

I look forward to being wrong.

He fired/pushed out Bernardi and Weber after his first year in 2003. Good enough for me to recognize that Bernardi was a sack of marbles... Possibly Steve Axman too, though he went to UW, so that may have been a promotion.

Don Johnson left in 2004 to go to the NFL, otherwise the staff was intact.

Media guides for 06/07 aren't working so harder to tell.

I’m sad that we had a positive Duff for only one year. The board negativity is almost depressing and unbearable to read at this point.

And I’m not saying the doomsayers are wrong. But I wanted hope and it seems like we are going to take all the leftovers and just fill in the holes.

You should quit your office job and be a superhero again.

There’s an ignore feature, ya know.

From the Golden Buffaloes to Buffalo Trace.

I am still hoping for the best. Our team really should be better than last year. Lets get to a bowl game!

He fired/pushed out Bernardi and Weber after his first year in 2003. Good enough for me to recognize that Bernardi was a sack of marbles... Possibly Steve Axman too, though he went to UW, so that may have been a promotion.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. KD fired Bernardi after one year? Folks, we have found our savior.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. KD fired Bernardi after one year? Folks, we have found our savior.
And replaced him with Tom Cable... who knew you could run out a coach and replace him with someone better even!
I'm not sure if the timeline is accurate or not, but...

IF it is, I'd say we might actually be able to look forward to ACs being held accountable, and getting replaced with upgrades when they are.

That should perk up duff a bit.

I'm not sure if the timeline is accurate or not, but...

IF it is, I'd say we might actually be able to look forward to ACs being held accountable, and getting replaced with upgrades when they are.

That should perk up duff a bit.

I am basing that on who are listed as assistant coaches in the 2003 and 2004 UCLA media guides... depending on when those were put together, the timeline could vary a bit. Maybe another coach moved on and he brought Cable in and then ran off Bernardi, for instance... but it's close enough I'mma run with it.

On another note, Gary Bernardi is the prime example of why we shouldn't just go by what's on a resume. That dude had the title of "Recruiting Coordinator" for 15 years prior to MacIntyre hiring him at SJSU. Sure didn't mean he could recruit.

On another note, Gary Bernardi is the prime example of why we shouldn't just go by what's on a resume. That dude had the title of "Recruiting Coordinator" for 15 years prior to MacIntyre hiring him at SJSU. Sure didn't mean he could recruit.

"could" or "has any interest in"?

Back