What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Assistants

"could" or "has any interest in"?
Both. As I heard it from UCLA, Orgeron came in at USC and absolutely destroyed him in the Los Angeles area schools where Bernardi was supposedly the man. Dorrell firing him was basically a mercy killing. Then, by the time he came here he was just coaching out the string until retirement and didn't recruit unless we got desperate to fill a hole and MacIntyre called his number to step up.

I’m sad that we had a positive Duff for only one year. The board negativity is almost depressing and unbearable to read at this point.

And I’m not saying the doomsayers are wrong. But I wanted hope and it seems like we are going to take all the leftovers and just fill in the holes.

I need a new hobby that doesn’t kill me slowly every day. With every post.
Remember in 2012 when Duff said "**** it! We're going bowling this year!"?

I'll take negative Duff all day long.

Both. As I heard it from UCLA, Orgeron came in at USC and absolutely destroyed him in the Los Angeles area schools where Bernardi was supposedly the man. Dorrell firing him was basically a mercy killing. Then, by the time he came here he was just coaching out the string until retirement and didn't recruit unless we got desperate to fill a hole and MacIntyre called his number to step up.

its beyond ridiculous that we kept him on staff as a te coach when we didn't use tight ends and he wasn't interested in recruiting.

its beyond ridiculous that we kept him on staff as a te coach when we didn't use tight ends and he wasn't interested in recruiting.
No inside info, but it had every appearance that MikMac was letting Bernardi cruise into retirement with a cushy job. For what reason , I can only guess.

No inside info, but it had every appearance that MikMac was letting Bernardi cruise into retirement with a cushy job. For what reason , I can only guess.
No. Bernardi served as what we'd call an analyst in modern CFB. HCMM was not familiar with that concept, and valued Bernardi as a senior analyst. It took Mel Tucker's disclosure of the SEC worldview to teach RG that this area needed to be beefed up AND that a precious assistant coaching position did not need to be used to do that. Hire analysts all day long.

I’m sad that we had a positive Duff for only one year. The board negativity is almost depressing and unbearable to read at this point.

And I’m not saying the doomsayers are wrong. But I wanted hope and it seems like we are going to take all the leftovers and just fill in the holes.

I need a new hobby that doesn’t kill me slowly every day. With every post.

Check out Buff Stampede. I finally did after Tucker left and the the unwarranted and unrestrained optimism over there might be a fresh drink of water for you. It makes me vomit in my mouth, because I prefer sarcasm, honesty, and opinions based on some semblance of fact. Duff's pessimism is grounded in fact but then I get to balance that with the "****ty" piece Buffnik put out a couple days ago. There is still reason to hope but, yeah, it probably isn't awesome that Summers and Chev are the coordinators.

I'll never be able to quit you, AllBuffs.

Last edited:
Check out Buff Stampede. I finally did after Tucker left and the the unwarranted and unrestrained optimism over there might be a fresh drink of water for you. It makes me vomit in my mouth, because I prefer sarcasm, honesty, and opinions based on some semblance of fact. Duff's pessimism is grounded in fact but then I get to balance that with the "****ty" piece Buffnik put out a couple days ago. There is still reason to hope but, yeah, it isn't awesome that Summers and Chev are the coordinators.

I'll never be able to quit you, AllBuffs.
Wait! Summers and Chev have been hired as coordinators?

Especially after he assumed play calling duties from Tucker on defense.

What week did that happen? Just curious... I don't know exactly when, but it did feel like the D calls were more aggressive in November(?). I just thought it was a expanded call sheet because the players were starting to get the system.

More than likely, we are mediocre, so the opportunity should be there to upgrade at least a couple spots. I can't think a staff cobbled together in late February is a long-term solution.
Definitely too late, you have to think coaches aren't trying to burn bridges by leaving wherever they may be at this point (looking at you mel cucker)

also, I think were sleeping on the fact mediocre would be an improvement over the last decade lol

What week did that happen? Just curious... I don't know exactly when, but it did feel like the D calls were more aggressive in November(?). I just thought it was a expanded call sheet because the players were starting to get the system.
According to McChesney afted UCLA

How many assistants will come from
CFB ranks that are not current assistants?

I just think that is a damn hard hire.

I see more coming from the NFL.

Likely wrong. Just surmising.

I’m sure there are guys on staffs in the NFL that were recently let go by college teams that are in analyst roles.

I want our assistants to be hired away...it means we are good! People weren't beating down the doors of many of our ACs during Hawk, Embree and Mac (with a few notable exceptions). Plus...I don't want KD to use loyalty to this program as a reason for keeping a poor performer on staff.

simply not true...from hawk and embo's staffs ..grimes, bedell, brown, kiesau, riddle, ambrose, bobby kennedy, steve marshall [ nfl], jeff smart and myron blacken all were hired away from CU - i am certain i am missing a few...point is hawk and embo weren't hc material, but their assistants were pretty damn good
You clinic'd us.

Most of those guys were fired with the HC or given soft landings.

Why?
USC just hired top college assistants. This is an ideal time. It's less frantic. All assistants, college or otherwise are always looking to move up.

Always.

And unlike Mel Tucker, they can hold their heads high to the kids they just signed.

Tons of great assistants available.
All kinda of situations. KDs first test.

Back