What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baer and LaRussa to UNLV

Apparently there is a buyout of $200 grand for the Baer contract. I imagine there is a waiver in place.

How does making basically a backward move to another assistant position at UNLV qualify as furthering his career? Of course, if he was about to get canned then it makes sense. Otherwise, I can't possibly see why he would have taken this job.

will gain experience as a coordinator at the D1 level.

No way Larussa takes that job if he was in good position with HCMM. Just can't see it. But if HCMM was prepared to "softly" push those 2 out, I can not see how he doesn't give Neinas the boot as well. And you have to believe that Jeffcoat's role is in danger either directly via HCMM or later with the new DC who will surely want his own staff.

Orgeron would be AWESOME even if we could only keep him a few years.

How does making basically a backward move to another assistant position at UNLV qualify as furthering his career? Of course, if he was about to get canned then it makes sense. Otherwise, I can't possibly see why he would have taken this job.
He's going from a position coach to a coordinator, seems like a step up in the title of his job at least. I can't see him leaving unless

1. He was fired
2. He is taking on more responsibilities at a new school, albeit a smaller school

I'm very interested to see who MM goes after. Would love to see a splash hire surprise like Gary Anderson and Oregon State albeit coordinator level of course.

He's going from a position coach to a coordinator, seems like a step up in the title of his job at least. I can't see him leaving unless

1. He was fired
2. He is taking on more responsibilities at a new school, albeit a smaller school

He was kinda marginalized on the staff too. He shared DB's with Clark the first year, then Mac moved him to DE's in his 2nd. He wasn't really given much ownership of a position.

He was kinda marginalized on the staff too. He shared DB's with Clark the first year, then Mac moved him to DE's in his 2nd. He wasn't really given much ownership of a position.
:nod:

Now he gets the coordinator title and hopefully more responsibilities

LaRussa didn't coach the secondary this year, he was the DE coach. Our corners didn't suck, but our safeties did when Tedric went down

My bad. He's still listed as the DB coach on the cubuffs.com website. (Figures)

Whoever coached the DB's this year should be fired. Twice.

My bad. He's still listed as the DB coach on the cubuffs.com website. (Figures)

Whoever coached the DB's this year should be fired. Twice.
MacIntyre should be fired?

You can only ask the corners to stay in coverage for so long, at some point the line needs to put pressure on the QB. We were obliterated by injuries at the safety position to, that hurt. A lot.

You can only ask the corners to stay in coverage for so long, at some point the line needs to put pressure on the QB. We were obliterated by injuries at the safety position to, that hurt. A lot.
Exactly. Our front 7 didn't help in this area.

I am pretty sure Mac has been looking for replacements for a while now. At least for Baer. Maybe LaRussa was a surprise, but I bet Mac either has his DC already squared away, or pretty close to it. You don't wait till you know for sure the other guy has a job to start looking.

I thought the safeties played well, particularly when they were healthy. The cornerbacks were atrocious. If MacIntyre coached the cornerbacks this year, he needs to hire a real coach for that position for 2015. Would not complain if Clark was the only defensive coach that was back in 2015.

I thought the safeties played well, particularly when they were healthy. The cornerbacks were atrocious. If MacIntyre coached the cornerbacks this year, he needs to hire a real coach for that position for 2015. Would not complain if Clark was the only defensive coach that was back in 2015.

This might be the strangest assesment of our d I've read. I see it the opposite. Our corners are the only pac-12 worthy unit on the D. They covered up a lot of ****tyness in the front end of the D.

The corners had zero help from the line. There are very, very few secondaries who can be good in coverage when they have no pass rush. You can have the greatest coverage in the world but if a QB gets 5 seconds every play something is going to break down in the secondary.

:bang:

I'm very interested to see who MM goes after. Would love to see a splash hire surprise like Gary Anderson and Oregon State albeit coordinator level of course.

Did Gary Anderson take his DC to OSU? They had the #4 ranked Defense in the country at Wisconsin (albeit playing against the offensively challenged Big 10 every week [minus Ohio State]). Could be a decent hire if he wasn't taken to Oregon State.

Did Gary Anderson take his DC to OSU? They had the #4 ranked Defense in the country at Wisconsin (albeit playing against the offensively challenged Big 10 every week [minus Ohio State]). Could be a decent hire if he wasn't taken to Oregon State.

His DC is staying in Madison.
The OC at Utah State took over as head coach when Anderson left and he hired Todd Orlando (former UCONN) who has done a really good job there in '13 and '14. That's a guy I'd look at.

But there's a long list and finding a guy with perhaps more experience in our recruiting footprint would be ideal.

Also, these guys were "fired" as a pair, and have now been hired at UNLV as a pair. No way that Baer was fired and LaRussa voluntarily left and took another position at the same place - at the same moment - as Baer.

Back