What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Barnett in a VERY candid interview on 104.3 Right Now! Bohn to Follow.

Barnett or Hawkins?

• Total voters
Working hard with Dan on his "communication strategies and we'll continue to work on it"...
Good luck on that one....Danny is a lost cause. I would love to place him in a senior management position at a top firm. He would not last a day with his communication skills. He would be exposed for the fraud that he is....

Alfred accusing Hawkins of constant double talk...

I think the burned to the ground comment has really expanded the schism that Bohn alludes to in the interview.

Guys like Alfred, Barnett, Klatt, etc. are all taking it personally. Which they should.

They absolutely should. Al has an NC ring. JK played in CCG's, GB won the Big 12. This frickin' blowhard pretender shows up and says it was burned to ground? Hawk is lucky they don't jam a juicebox down his throat.

The comparison is not relevant. Specifically GB was fired for not winning and Hawk isn't? That was the question and there's no chance Bohn or any AD will address that.

That never works out and I'm surprised the reporters somehow think he "double-talked" them by not discussing that. Lots of money was paid out and Bohn's job would be instantly jeopardized if he were to address that.

The reality is that it became apparent after the late season collapse in 2005 that GB couldn't get it done. Not because he wasn't a good coach.

It was simply because the media had built up enough lies that there was no way for GB to recruit to the community of Boulder, which was "Racist, etc". I was a loud and vocal supporter of GB and I hated the Boulder DA's office and media who took him down. But in the end, the AD had no choice. All that crap coupled with 70-3 guarranteed that it was over.

Hawkins still has a chance to win next year. If that happened, he'd be recruiting well again and all will be forgotten. Debate what that chance is, everyone has an opinion. but with upperclassmen in place at every position, a decent coach would win some games. There will be no debate if he doesn't win in 2010. There is at least a small amount of possibility it can get done. There was NO chance after 70-3.

No way you can ask Bohn to go back and debate the GB firing at this point.

I think the most poignant commet from Barnett was the fact that there is and has been for a long time little to no support for the Football program from above (University President etc.) There is A LOT of truth to that.

good to see alfred hitting on the weird Hawk to distefano end around.

Update: ALFRED FOR CU PRES!

He said it. "bohn got back doored"

Alfred says he "knows what he read" and thus Bohn must have gotten back-doored by Hawkins going around Bohn....

That's irresponsible journalism guys.

I think the most poignant commet from Barnett was the fact that there is and has been for a long time little to no support for the Football program from above (University President etc.) There is A LOT of truth to that.

That's because all the coaches have sucked going back 40 years.

Alfred says he "knows what he read" and thus Bohn must have gotten back-doored by Hawkins going around Bohn....

That's irresponsible journalism guys.

Perhaps. A direct and honest answer from Bohn would have prevented further speculation, however.

Bohn answered the question by saying it was a consensus decision and that Hawkins didn't go around his back.

Alfred states now "Hawkins went around his back and back-doored him is what I think".

That's wrong of Alfred to do that.

Bohn answered the question by saying it was a consensus decision and that Hawkins didn't go around his back.

Alfred states now "Hawkins went around his back and back-doored him is what I think".

That's wrong of Alfred to do that.
This IS the UNIVERSITY of Colorado!

Hawkins still has a chance to win next year. If that happened, he'd be recruiting well again and all will be forgotten. .

:lol: Yeah, and I have a "chance" with a 3-some with Kim Kardashian and Megan Fox too.. About a .000000000001% of a chance, but its a chance..

Talkins is done.. The fan base is completely against him. These things never end well and all we are doing is delaying the inevitable.

Talkins is done.. The fan base is completely against him. These things never end well and all we are doing is delaying the inevitable.

But you are wrong...the fans are irrelevant in this discussion. :cry:

But you are wrong...the fans are irrelevant in this discussion. :cry:

For now.. They won't be next year..

really? figured as a student and with your proclivities politically you'd hate the guy regardless. He's pretty conservative.
Bush, I hated. Don't extend that to hating all conservatives. Go back to the polotics forum with your nonsense.

For now.. They won't be next year..
I hope you are right....how many people (non CU fans) have come up to you in the last two days expressing their shock that Danny is coming back? I can count double figures. We are a laughing stock.

Bush, I hated. Don't extend that to hating all conservatives. Go back to the polotics forum with your nonsense.

non-sense? there were a lot of out cries from students and teachers regarding his background, political leanings etc, figured based on the way you talk around here you'd have been in that group. Sorry for lumping you in.

Do you just hate him becuase we are losing? or is he actually doing a day-to-day ****ty job at the school?

gb can be very smooth when he wants to be. he is also very saavy. despite the "terrible kicker" gaffe, he generally comes off as sincere when he is interviewed and as a "straight-shooter."

he's got everything to gain and nothing to lose by taking some of these shots at CU and at hawkins. if he can rebuild his image, he might get another job somewhere.

still, i have to agree with everything you guys reported that he said! it isn't right for them to point fingers at a guy who coached the team 4 years ago and who still managed to find a way to win in the midst of the biggest "scandal" in the history of the school.

alferd and klatt are less calculating about it because they are former players, imho. but, they also have something to gain by stirring things up. it helps their ratings, right?

bohn did this interview because he is back in damage control mode because hawkins stuck his foot in his mouth again.

i wonder when this will end. i do wish bohn and hawkins would stop telling the world why they can't win here and start convincing people that they can win here. they aren't helping us.

non-sense? there were a lot of out cries from students and teachers regarding his background, political leanings etc, figured based on the way you talk around here you'd have been in that group. Sorry for lumping you in.

Do you just hate him becuase we are losing? or is he actually doing a day-to-day ****ty job at the school?
When did Benson come in even? I really haven't paid much attention to the CU administration stuff beyond sports, and have no memory of the election.

I pay more attention to national stuff generally.

I hate him because of his short sighted treatment of the athletic department in shutting down Bohn's decision to fire hawk.

i wonder when this will end. i do wish bohn and hawkins would stop telling the world why they can't win here and start convincing people that they can win here. they aren't helping us.

When will it end? The only good coming of it right now is to destroy what is left. This year's recruiting class. This garbage will rip up what is left of the class and that is all. If Hawkin's can win next year, he's back. If he doesn't get it straight he's gone.

Whether it's Alfred or Klatt or GB, it does us as FANS a dis-service. Because it DOES matter who comes here next year as freshmen 3-5 years from now. Everything else will be a don't care.

I for one want to see it end now. Move on folks! Support the team and the program. The TEAM wants to win for Hawk. Mass defections are internet lore. No one gets the benefit of the doubt. It's them against the world and they need to mature and play like they should have this year.

When did Benson come in even? I really haven't paid much attention to the CU administration stuff beyond sports, and have no memory of the election.

I pay more attention to national stuff generally.

I hate him because of his short sighted treatment of the athletic department in shutting down Bohn's decision to fire hawk.

came in a couple years ago, fair enough on the athletic stuff.

Helluva an interview.

GB is clearly trying to rebuild is image IMO - but his comments are very candid, and I really like hearing someone go out and go after the AD, Hawk, and the Administration

gb can be very smooth when he wants to be. he is also very saavy. despite the "terrible kicker" gaffe, he generally comes off as sincere when he is interviewed and as a "straight-shooter."

he's got everything to gain and nothing to lose by taking some of these shots at CU and at hawkins. if he can rebuild his image, he might get another job somewhere.

still, i have to agree with everything you guys reported that he said! it isn't right for them to point fingers at a guy who coached the team 4 years ago and who still managed to find a way to win in the midst of the biggest "scandal" in the history of the school.

alferd and klatt are less calculating about it because they are former players, imho. but, they also have something to gain by stirring things up. it helps their ratings, right?

bohn did this interview because he is back in damage control mode because hawkins stuck his foot in his mouth again.

In defense of Barnett...he has supported Hawkins all year and he has even stated that Hawkins should be retained. Then Hawkins just talks about how bad things are at CU and finally comes the Burned to the Ground comment which is basically crapping on Barnett's legacy. Hawkins fired a volley that most former CU players took exception to...and I have no doubt that Barnett was offended.

We can argue the pros and cons of Barnett but the facts are that the program was not on probation, he graduated a high number of his players which is not a burned to the ground the situation.

Back