What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor promises to release 2016 Signees from LOIs (5 players released)

Sounds like Jarrett Stidham is out at Baylor and might head to a JUCO. Whoever gets him is getting a stud.

**** bailer is toxic, right now. We're getting our wish. I see a future of bad football for the dirty Texas Baptist lawyers.

Signed,

Orr

With Stidham transferring, that should just about put the final nail in the coffin on the 2016 season for Baylor.

We've seen this act play out before, firsthand.

Even if this is the "end" of the widespread negative publicity, Baylor is somehow able to sweep everything else under the rug, and Grobe is more than competent as a HC (his history suggests otherwise), the damage has been done.

1. They'll stay semi-competitive while the last of the Briles recruits cycle out.

2. Then, there will be a dropoff in talent when the first wave of kids who grew up watching RGIII and wanting to wear green and gold graduate.

3. If they lose enough over that period, there will then be kids ridiculed for even considering Baylor with how much they lose.

There's going to be a long 10-15 year period before they hit bottom, and even then they may not get up off the mat. Even then, who knows if they will? CU is the closest analog to Baylor that I can think of in recent memory (and CU's "scandal" pales in comparison to that of Baylor's), and to be frank we've yet to get up off the mat.

I'd feel somewhat bad for their fans that aren't being sanctimonious, raging assholes... if there were any.

Seth Russell is cleared to play. If he stays healthy, they could still be a top 25 team.
Probably, but it will change how bailer runs their O. With only Russell as a viable QB, he won't be running much, which is a significant part of the bailer O. I look for them to drop 4 maybe five games. Once Russell leaves, the bottom will start to drop out. It will take a few years, but bailer is on a similar trajectory as CU, denver sc said above.

I also found it interesting that most of the transfers seemed to want to stay in the Big 12. Think those guys will play with an extra chip on their shoulder against Baylor each year.

Their staying in the Big12 is probably a function of the short amount of time they needed to find a new home and get enrolled.

And more specifically they aren't just staying in the B12, they are staying in Texas (or Oklahoma which is culturally and geographically close to Texas.)

Briles might be an ass hole but we was an offensive genius, no way in hell that team is anywhere near as successful as they were the last few seasons on that side of the ball. I mean he was almost as good as Herman with backup qbs

With Stidham transferring, that should just about put the final nail in the coffin on the 2016 season for Baylor.

We've seen this act play out before, firsthand.

Even if this is the "end" of the widespread negative publicity, Baylor is somehow able to sweep everything else under the rug, and Grobe is more than competent as a HC (his history suggests otherwise), the damage has been done.

1. They'll stay semi-competitive while the last of the Briles recruits cycle out.

2. Then, there will be a dropoff in talent when the first wave of kids who grew up watching RGIII and wanting to wear green and gold graduate.

3. If they lose enough over that period, there will then be kids ridiculed for even considering Baylor with how much they lose.

There's going to be a long 10-15 year period before they hit bottom, and even then they may not get up off the mat. Even then, who knows if they will? CU is the closest analog to Baylor that I can think of in recent memory (and CU's "scandal" pales in comparison to that of Baylor's), and to be frank we've yet to get up off the mat.

I'd feel somewhat bad for their fans that aren't being sanctimonious, raging assholes... if there were any.

Keep dreaming. Baylor obviously values the **** out of its football program, unlike CU. They will cut corners and be back in contention 3 years from now.

Probably shouldn't come as a surprise but there are some pathetic replies from Baylor fans to Stidham's tweet.

Yeah, I thought murder and a coverup would kill there bball program. Just sayin'.

Drew Wilson just started following Stidham

Interesting. I don't think Stidham is playing football at his juco, just keeping up with coursework and being ready to enroll somewhere in January. He was a RS Frosh last year, so he'd be a Junior in 2017. CU doesn't have any junior or senior QBs in 2017. Hmmm.

Interesting. I don't think Stidham is playing football at his juco, just keeping up with coursework and being ready to enroll somewhere in January. He was a RS Frosh last year, so he'd be a Junior in 2017. CU doesn't have any junior or senior QBs in 2017. Hmmm.
I thought Stidham was part of bailers 2015 class, so he would not have had time to RS. I think he was a true frosh last year and has his RS intact.

I thought Stidham was part of bailers 2015 class, so he would not have had time to RS. I think he was a true frosh last year and has his RS intact.

Didn't he enroll January 2014?

Edit: My bad. Jan 2015 - 247s has it HERE. Not totally my fault, because the place I had looked was **** bailer's own damn website: http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jarrett_stidham_953392.html

"Prep All-American, graduated early from Stephenville (Texas) High School, and enrolled at Baylor in January 2014"

**** bailer!

Stidham flipped from Tech to Baylor, so I presume DC may have some connection with him already.

Surely Stidham will have no shortage of options, but why not toss the old CU hat into the ring.

Surely Stidham will have no shortage of options, but why not toss the old CU hat into the ring.
If this season turns out like I think it will, I don't see why CU would be any less attractive of an option to a kid than anywhere else- especially a kid who "wants to be the man" wherever he goes. CU will be on the upswing, have a gaping hole in the upperclassman QB position, and plenty of offensive weapons coming in.

If this season turns out like I think it will, I don't see why CU would be any less attractive of an option to a kid than anywhere else- especially a kid who "wants to be the man" wherever he goes. CU will be on the upswing, have a gaping hole in the upperclassman QB position, and plenty of offensive weapons coming in.
And even better, a nice little FU to Sheriron Jones.

Briles might be an ass hole but we was an offensive genius, no way in hell that team is anywhere near as successful as they were the last few seasons on that side of the ball. I mean he was almost as good as Herman with backup qbs
This. If Briles' son is gone (and not sure he'd hold it together without Dad), their offense will falloff, no matter who the players.

Back