What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

To be honest, it depends on which mood you catch me in. If I'm pissed off, I'm ****ty company, working on that still. Do I have a sentimental side, of course. Same time, I'm a self aware man. I know when I'm gonna say **** it. Good thing is, I just walk away now.

I ****ing knew it!

moonshine-still1.jpg

To be honest, it depends on which mood you catch me in. If I'm pissed off, I'm ****ty company, working on that still. Do I have a sentimental side, of course. Same time, I'm a self aware man. I know when I'm gonna say **** it. Good thing is, I just walk away now.
Anger is an emotion.

Damn, all the way back to 2003? What year did Briles get there?
I thought the 2003 was interesting too.

I wondered if that was the year Uncle Ken became president of Baylor - looked it up. Nope, that was 2010.

2003 was the year Baylor covered up the murder of the basketball player though.

Looks like some suspect (probably rightly) that Baylor never actually did anything to reform, even after they were literally caught covering up a murder.

"Hey, we don't cover up murder any more*!"

*"Rape isn't murder, right? We can still cover up rape."

Maybe it was initiated by someone who has political connections within the Big 12 and wants to see Baylor gone.

How could any educator ever justify this?

Easy. " Coach Bliss came from a fiiine Christian University and is a good, god-fearing man.pro" "He will not only provide our boys with a first class coach but his name recognition will help us in our fund raising efforts."

Not implying that they would ever come close to this low but look at what Valor has done with their athletic program. They see it as a the way to get the name of their school out to the public and to create an image of excellence. It doesn't matter if they have to violate recruiting rules, accept behavior from star players they wouldn't from any regular student who's family wasn't donating large amounts of money, and otherwise sell out for athletic success.

This unfortunately is a choice that has been made by many private schools across the country include some with affiliations to virtually every major denomination or faith. Some are just willing to go further than others as shown by this hire.

Most of us here react to this with surprise or disgust but I can guarantee that this hire will generate significant donations to the school and that he will attract multiple top level players who otherwise would have gone elsewhere.

**** Bailor! Sayeth the judge

In his 21-page order, U.S. District Court Judge Robert Pitman wrote that communications between Baylor and Pepper Hamilton were subject to attorney-client privilege. Such a determination would typically make them off-limits for release. However, Pitman also wrote that Baylor waived that privilege when it publicly released select details of the investigation, which it did in May 2016 when it issued a summary known as its "Findings of Fact," and in February 2017 in a regents' response to a defamation lawsuit that included specific text messages and details of interviews.

The whole pepper hamilton investigation and the way they released the "findings" was an attempt to suppress or hide ALL of this information.Dirt is coming out.

But not all of it. Some very important caveats:
The judge, however, made some specific exemptions. Because the school's Findings of Fact, which broadly outlined the failures of the university and football program, did not include names or specific data sources, he wrote that the school, "need not reveal which documents and interviews formed the bases for those documents." He also wrote that recordings of interviews conducted by Pepper Hamilton and interview notes "need not be produced."

Those mother****ers should have to. Props to the judge. **** just read the first part. Lawyers speak up, what you see happening?

Those mother****ers should have to. Props to the judge. **** just read the first part. Lawyers speak up, what you see happening?
Normally, all attorney client communications and attorney directed investigations are privileged and protected from disclosure (general rule). However, their public release of the Findings from the investigation constituted a waiver. But it was a limited waiver because their public release was (purposefully) so ****ty, so only some of the basis for those findings will be disclosed.

I am still inclined to believe they walk away from this like they were wearing teflon. Pathetic.

Back