What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

BEAVERS VS CSU

Heh. Personally, I think their AD is doing that team no favors with the schedule, but Arkansas is beatable in Fort Collins.

Heh. Personally, I think their AD is doing that team no favors with the schedule, but Arkansas is beatable in Fort Collins.
Similar to how Minnesota was beatable for CSU. Similar to how OSU is beatable for CSU. They're over-scheduling mostly by how many of these games they are playing.

While this is a big game for CSU, it's also a big game for OSU. They feel that they're on the cusp of breaking out. This game means a lot to them, too. If OSU can withstand an early offensive from CSU, they can turn the game into a slugfest. That doesn't work to CSU's advantage.

Arkansas lost at home to Toledo two seasons ago and nearly lost at home to La Tech last season, but yeah, they can just show up and beat CSU by 24 on the road.

Another issue is Arkansas leaving SEC country for a game. SEC schools have tended to avoid travelling outside the footprint for OOC games for a reason.

As much as we know it is a mismatch you are correct. If Arkansas doesn't show up to play and CSU does the results could be bad for the Razorbacks. We have lost to CSU when we shouldn't have and there are plenty of cases of FCS schools beating P5 schools in recent years. CSU is much more talented than most of those FCS schools have been.

Still I expect CSU to lose that game. If Arkansas was the only P5 team on their schedule the odds would be better but playing multiple P5 schools is a lot to ask of their players.

Another issue is Arkansas leaving SEC country for a game. SEC schools have tended to avoid travelling outside the footprint for OOC games for a reason.

As much as we know it is a mismatch you are correct. If Arkansas doesn't show up to play and CSU does the results could be bad for the Razorbacks. We have lost to CSU when we shouldn't have and there are plenty of cases of FCS schools beating P5 schools in recent years. CSU is much more talented than most of those FCS schools have been.

Still I expect CSU to lose that game. If Arkansas was the only P5 team on their schedule the odds would be better but playing multiple P5 schools is a lot to ask of their players.

No, it is not the mismatch everyone thinks.

Heh. If CSU beats Oregon State, will your outlook change at all?
It would mine - I am expecting a game with Oregon State that is mostly close at half (7-10 point lead for OSU) and then the Beavs pull away in the 3rd quarter with the bench unloading in the 4th.

If that proves to be incorrect, sure my expectations would change.

I expect CSU - OSU to be a very competitive game. There are some intriguing match ups including CSU pass attack versus a largely rebuilt OSU secondary. OSU running game versus a very weak CSU front seven.

For me yes. They (OSU)have a good line on both sides, and going up against it before they see us will negate some of the shock factor. I felt like last year they(CSU) went out there and said, "holy crap, they really are bigger stronger and faster than us." This year they will know that going in.

Last edited:
I'd be ver.y surprised to see beavs unload their bench. But, I've established i am hoping to Ram some Beav....

Better lube up that CSU D with those mighty Beaver RBs.

518hrje-46L._SY355_.jpg

As you've established, I'm a tini/sunshine-pumper but I'm legitimately curious about your outlook in the opposite manner. I personally feel like CSU only tells us anything if we struggle/lose. I think a multiple score win still means we could realistically struggle for 7 wins, even tho I personally feel like we win more. A loss means we struggle for 4 in my opinion, but that's how down I am about CSU.

Will you be bullish about our defense if we were to be pretty successful? I know that's subjective but I also feel like it's pretty easy to quantify. If we hold them under 20 (at least until garbage time), will you trust our defense more than you have been? You've set up a "CSU is dangerous" narrative and I'm curious what a OSU loss + a CU dominating win means in your book.

As you've established, I'm a tini/sunshine-pumper but I'm legitimately curious about your outlook in the opposite manner. I personally feel like CSU only tells us anything if we struggle/lose. I think a multiple score win still means we could realistically struggle for 7 wins, even tho I personally feel like we win more. A loss means we struggle for 4 in my opinion, but that's how down I am about CSU.

Will you be bullish about our defense if we were to be pretty successful? I know that's subjective but I also feel like it's pretty easy to quantify. If we hold them under 20 (at least until garbage time), will you trust our defense more than you have been? You've set up a "CSU is dangerous" narrative and I'm curious what a OSU loss + a CU dominating win means in your book.

I think a loss would be bad, but I am still not sure it would spell complete doom on the season (other than confirming the 2017 team is not as good as the 2016 team). I tend to think a win in any fashion will tell us that the 3-0 expected start is a near lock. But I certainly would not freak out over a winning by a FG in the opening week because I do not think you can realistically read much into that first week.

I will be more a bit more bullish on the defense if CSU is shut down. But I do not know if the overall expectations will change much, just as I will not be freaking out if the defense struggles some (provided we win). I do not expect this defense to be great and I do not expect it to be terrible either, which means there will probably be some very fun weeks watching them and some other not-so-fun weeks. The only defenses that have consistency from week to week are those great or terrible defenses.

What I do not understand is even in this thread, Oregon State (and apparently Arkansas too) has suddenly turned into something of a juggernaut. I expect a pretty entertaining game between two teams who should be decent in 2017. Even last year, CSU still managed to put up a good fight on the road against Minnesota, and the Gophers turned out to be a pretty solid team. The first month of the season usually has some WTF type games (Wazzu started 0-2 last season and Washington needed OT to beat Arizona), just win the first one and move on.

Back