What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bigger Stronger Faster

Laviska is and should have been as close to a 5* receiver as I have seen recently! He reminds me so much of Julio Jones the way he runs and catches with his body so steady and keeping defenders off. I feel like he was very underrated? He had all the big offers, why did so many have him as a 3*?

Who was the kid who went third..can't see his face. He lifts like a beast.

Javier with posterior chain problems.

Seeing these numbers that Javier is putting up and there's no doubt the guy has the power and size to be a monster on the interior of the defense. It's fitness and it's also got to be technique. Mulumba, too. Drake has the raw materials to put together a heck of a DL this year and he'll show us quickly whether he's the coach we needed for this team. Fingers crossed that he ends up being a home run hire.

Seeing these numbers that Javier is putting up and there's no doubt the guy has the power and size to be a monster on the interior of the defense. It's fitness and it's also got to be technique. Mulumba, too. Drake has the raw materials to put together a heck of a DL this year and he'll show us quickly whether he's the coach we needed for this team. Fingers crossed that he ends up being a home run hire.

Was just going to come say something like this after seeing that video. Edwards has a ridiculous amount of strength. Once he figures out how to leverage it properly, he is going to be a monster NT.

Was just going to come say something like this after seeing that video. Edwards has a ridiculous amount of strength. Once he figures out how to leverage it properly, he is going to be a monster NT.
We need someone to step up and be able to sub him out now and then. He was the strongest guy on the team last year, but that doesn't matter when your blood oxygen is falling and your vision is starting to get blurry at the edges.

You're exactly right about Edwards. His primary problem last year was technique. He'd tend to stand up and centers or guards would get under his shoulder pads, then it was all over. He didn't have the core strength or fitness level to stay in the correct position. I expect huge improvement from him and the entire defensive line this year. In fact, I think they should have the greatest improvement by a position group on the entire team. I also believe Lang is going to play with a serious chip on his shoulder. Bad news for Trojans everywhere.

You're exactly right about Edwards. His primary problem last year was technique. He'd tend to stand up and centers or guards would get under his shoulder pads, then it was all over. He didn't have the core strength or fitness level to stay in the correct position. I expect huge improvement from him and the entire defensive line this year. In fact, I think they should have the greatest improvement by a position group on the entire team. I also believe Lang is going to play with a serious chip on his shoulder. Bad news for Trojans everywhere.

Fundamentally, he had a hard time assuming a three point stance. He was often huffing and puffing with his weight back. Then he stood up. C could handle him 1:1 allowing Gs free runs at LBs. Can’t happen in a three-man front. Just can’t.

I'm sure coach Drew would say he needs more core strength and way more posterior chain. It seems his hammies and core can't stabilize his trunk when squatting and during his games the Olineman just bends him backwards. Can't use all that brute strength in your legs, chest and arms if your torso bends like spaghetti. It would be great if his trunk was more like a tree. Coach Drew is awesome, and he says often that he is all about training posterior chain. DW has five months to work.

It seems a shame for these JC kids that they probably don't have a professional S&C coach, or at least not a good one. 19 year olds can get big at 24 hour fitness doing bench and leg press all the time, but where does that get them.

Lewis made it look easy. Didn’t he have a really good long jump last year? He should put up excellent numbers in the next CU pro day.
I can't remember where I read it, but I'm pretty sure the guys on the team in fall camp last year said Lewis is one of the most athletic players on the team.

I can't remember where I read it, but I'm pretty sure the guys on the team in fall camp last year said Lewis is one of the most athletic players on the team.
One of the strongest....and his broad jump was better than the best LB at the combine last year

I didnt see a message about this in previous posts but it's the best news I've received on this site in a year.
They're wearing weightlifting shoes. 1. For any football player that loves lifting, hopefully every ****ing one, it's a good recruiting tool they'll all love it. 2. I have lifting knowledge and power cleans and full cleans (catching the bar in front squat position like in^^video) IMO are the two most important lifts for football...and every other sport really. 3. Helps form but can be used improperly like a belt for the sake of lifting heavier weight.

Loved the attitude the kids had

Back