What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bowls and D2 Championship game today 12/21

Based on that interview, I'm convinced that Graham thought it was 4th down. That's why he was pissed that Kelly didn't throw the ball away and why he rushed the kicking team out.

(I also liked how he made it clear that the coaches prepared the team for exactly what TTU was doing through the air but that the guys just didn't come to play.)

Based on that interview, I'm convinced that Graham thought it was 4th down. That's why he was pissed that Kelly didn't throw the ball away and why he rushed the kicking team out.
that makes him even dumber if so.

that makes him even dumber if so.

He also bitched about Kelly burning too many timeouts earlier in the half. I wish the sideline reporter would have asked him why he didn't spike the ball instead of rushing the kicking unit onto the field. I'm almost certain he would have said that it was 4th down.

He thought the 2nd down play was a 3rd down play, no matter how he may answer things in his post-game presser after he's been prepped.

He also bitched about Kelly burning too many timeouts earlier in the half. I wish the sideline reporter would have asked him why he didn't spike the ball instead of rushing the kicking unit onto the field. I'm almost certain he would have said that it was 4th down.

He thought the 2nd down play was a 3rd down play, no matter how he may answer things in his post-game presser after he's been prepped.
So weird. He comes off as such a good coach at times, and then he does such loony douchey things at others. I have a feeling his end at ASU is going to be spectacular.

The dumbest thing was going quick on 1st and goal. Why?

And snapping it shotgun. You've got a half yard, keep it on the ground from under center, then spike the ball and evaluate. Plenty of time, even for running plays. I was going nuts that whole time. Good God!

Given the ****show Sparky is putting on, I am having a hard time not cheering for Tech.

Kingsbury brought a team ready to play. Stripper U; not so much.

Also, is Taylor Kelly getting exposed a bit? You wonder if he has much higher of a ceiling.

Also, is Taylor Kelly getting exposed a bit? You wonder if he has much higher of a ceiling.

He had kind of an up and down year. I should know - I had him in my CFB fantasy league. Some ridiculously good and bad games. I'm not sold on him in the least.

Well that ASU TD was fast. And the Tech KO return even faster.

also a nice vid of a young Kliff Kingsbury getting his ass slap on.

http://youtu.be/9rlb_AqSX28

Last edited by a moderator:
Dropped 50-yard TD for ASU. Just wow.

I thought the Wazzou loss was embarrassing for the P12, but atleast the Cougars held the lead almost the whole game.

This beatdown of an inept ASU is a real laugher and a stain on the P12 conference credibility.

Bowl games are always a mystery. Some teams show up ready to play, others don't. ASU clearly did not show up, and Tech had a good game plan and were prepared and motivated.

and Kingsbury has a really bright future as a coach.
Pump the brakes a bit there, speedy. Before last night's win, they had lost FIVE in a row, by an average of 20 points!

Every year, they feast on an early season schedule of scrubs and start whining about not getting respect in the polls. Then they start playing decent, not great, teams and they fold, leading to a minor bowl game. Tech being Tech.

Pump the brakes a bit there, speedy. Before last night's win, they had lost FIVE in a row, by an average of 20 points!

Every year, they feast on an early season schedule of scrubs and start whining about not getting respect in the polls. Then they start playing decent, not great, teams and they fold, leading to a minor bowl game. Tech being Tech.
playing freshmen QB's ? and I was just thinking how kids would want to play for him and parents would want their kids around him.

I think ASU not having their star RB really hurt, he had something like 20 tds this season. The other Arizona school is playing Boston College in about a half hour.

playing freshmen QB's ? and I was just thinking how kids would want to play for him and parents would want their kids around him.
I'm not saying he did a bad job. Just saying he's done what Tech has always done - win early against scrubs, and then fold. And that to say he has a bright future, is still a bit premature.

I'm not saying he did a bad job. Just saying he's done what Tech has always done - win early against scrubs, and then fold. And that to say he has a bright future, is still a bit premature.

Kingsbury's a good offensive coach. Not only was TTU improved this year, but aTm and Manziel didn't look as good without Kingsbury calling plays.

Back