What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bracketology 2013/2014

Is Gonzaga allowed to play in Spokane? That current ESPN bracketology has them in San Diego. Could potentially affect our first round location.

Yes. I think that happened a few times over the last few years.

damn that sucks. Scratch Milwaukee off my list of place to travel. It looks like the buffs will only go there if they are an 8/9 or #1 seed (highly unlikely). I am just so disinterested in the games. the 1/16 always are terrible, so it is a waste of money IMO. The 8/9 games are great, but then the next game is the #1 seed, which I can't find any stats, but I would guess that the 8/9 wins that less than 20% of the time.

They have us playing in that same Spokane arena. I can't decide if the familiarity would be nice or if it's best for us to just stay away from that place.
Depends who we play -- if it's an SUNY school, I like our chances more. If it's a school like Montana (worse yet, Gonzaga), I would hate it. All things being equal, I'd probably prefer playing elsewhere.

If I'm interpreting this right he has Arizona as a 1 seed but has Colorado getting the automatic bid for the PAC-12

Is it really necessary to have two? Most major cities only have ONE arena. And by arena, I'm not counting, college venues that seat less than 10k.

Spokane Arena 12,210
Gonzaga 6000

So now that you clarified, Spokane has one arena that matches your criteria.

Last edited:
Is it really necessary to have two? Most major cities only have ONE arena. And by arena, I'm not counting, college venues that seat less than 10k.

Gonzaga's new (2004) on campus arena seats 6,000. Then there is the Spokane arena. Lots of cities have multiple arenas. I'm pretty sure the Denver Coliseum seats over 10k for most events.

Spokane Arena 12,210
Gonzaga 6000

So now that you clarified, Spokane has one arena that matches your criteria.
I mean here's a question does Gonzaga's arena host community events or is it just for university functions for the most part? Would the NBA schedule a preseason game there for example? Would Justin Timberlake perform there?

Gonzaga's new (2004) on campus arena seats 6,000. Then there is the Spokane arena. Lots of cities have multiple arenas. I'm pretty sure the Denver Coliseum seats over 10k for most events.
What community events does Denver Coliseum have?

What community events does Denver Coliseum have?

State basketball tournament games are there too. I believe all 5A elite 8 games have been there the last couple years. Stock Show. Monster Truck rally's. Minor League Hockey. What exactly is a community event?

State basketball tournament games are there too. I believe all 5A elite 8 games have been there the last couple years. Stock Show. Monster Truck rally's. Minor League Hockey. What exactly is a community event?
Just things for the general public. Not conventions, private parties, etc

Personally, I'd love to see us get a seed like this especially in the East bracket but keep in mind that Syracuse will be the likely 1 seed in that region and they have a huge following whenever they play in NYC. At least as a 3-seed we wouldn't run into them until the Elite 8 if we make it that far.

Yeah. He must have us beating Zona in the Pac-12 tourney championship.
The automatic bid works by giving it to the top conference team, so us being 3-0 is better than them being 2-0. We're simply "better" because we played yesterday, they didn't.

Personally, I'd love to see us get a seed like this especially in the East bracket but keep in mind that Syracuse will be the likely 1 seed in that region and they have a huge following whenever they play in NYC. At least as a 3-seed we wouldn't run into them until the Elite 8 if we make it that far.

The last thing I'm going to worry about is who we'd be slated to meet in the Elite 8. I'll happily cross that bridge if we come to it. House money at that point. I would concern myself with the Sweet 16 slated matchup, though. Getting into the "cut down the nets" game in the regional would be absolutely huge. I think that's the best group of playoff games weekend in sports -- even over the NFL divisional championship round.

The last thing I'm going to worry about is who we'd be slated to meet in the Elite 8. I'll happily cross that bridge if we come to it. House money at that point. I would concern myself with the Sweet 16 slated matchup, though. Getting into the "cut down the nets" game in the regional would be absolutely huge. I think that's the best group of playoff games weekend in sports -- even over the NFL divisional championship round.
I just love the first day of the tournament, there's nothing like it. The Sweet 16 is always a good barometer especially for a team like CU where it be chartered territory in recent memory.

Back