What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Brick Wall of Victories

The list is long - Women's Basketball hire. Hawkins extension, WBB coach extension, Hiring of Bzdelik ( I don't know why people think that Bz was such a great hire). He screwed up the parking for fans. He had little to do with the PAC 12 move and had almost nothing to do with the hiring of Embree (and that was by design). I will hold my judgement on the recent Basketball hires but I am unimpressed.

>>Hiring of Bzdelik ( I don't know why people think that Bz was such a great hire).<<

1. Name one other person besides Bzdelik that "donated" $500,000 to build the new basketball facility?
2. A. Burks
:lol:

He was making it about him so when (in his mind, anyway) the team turned it around and started winning big, it would be because of him.

**** D2 Dan and his enormous ego.
20101113__FBCCU__KSO8115~p1.jpg

>>Hiring of Bzdelik ( I don't know why people think that Bz was such a great hire).<<

1. Name one other person besides Bzdelik that "donated" $500,000 to build the new basketball facility?
2. A. Burks
:lol:

Bzdelik did not donate crap to the facility and if you think that CU collected the $500,000 fee for Bzdelik leaving you are wrong. Wake Forest said take a hike and CU took a fraction of the $500,000 from Jeff Bzdelik. Did you notice that Bohn said the issue was resolved but failed to say how!!!! Should be a hint for you.

I thought it was great the way that Mac was spraying those words up at the podium. Gives you a good sense of what it was like in the locker room. No wonder we kicked ass when he was around.

I see nothing wrong with that and actually respect Dan for having the balls to show up and be semi-visible to see his kid. He's obviously doing his best to stay out of the limelight in that pic. How can you fault a man for wanting to see his son's last football games in person.

Hawk can be faulted for lots of things, but imo, that pic should not be one of them.

I see nothing wrong with that and actually respect Dan for having the balls to show up and be semi-visible to see his kid. He's obviously doing his best to stay out of the limelight in that pic. How can you fault a man for wanting to see his son's last football games in person.

Hawk can be faulted for lots of things, but imo, that pic should not be one of them.

I'll give in to the fact he wanted to see his son's last collegiate game and he did it with some amount of style but Cody's first and last game should have been at a lesser school where his dad wasn't the coach. Can't respect the guy for what he did to this program, many of the kids that committed to him and the traditions established at CU. I'm done ragging on him.

On my phone so pardon the short response, I concede the extension to hawk was poorly executed. It was not premature though, the ship looked righted and other schools were snooping around, that is exactly when you block up a coach. Outside of rhino's point about the buy out clause (which may or may not be market impose of rich rod and gill's buyouts) I don't think you can critisze that move without hind site.

D3H mentions the W/L record of hires which in cases is fair following Ceal was alway going the be tough, and I disagree on BZ, right guy, Right system, right time.

Look at the list of things he's done right, and look at the fact that since about 1998 our ADs have been asleep at the wheel.

Size of the buff club more than tripled
Donations to the AD up 350%
the bubble
The practice facility
Full redo on the track and field venues
Holding court on football attendance when we were bad
Growing basketball to a relevant sport.
Pearl st stampede
PAC-12 played perfectly

Bohn's had a half a decade on more of people doing nothing a head of his arrival, he's dug out well, over seen 15 million in capital improvements, re-engaged the fans, and turned the medias opinion of us in the past 5 seasons. He hasn't hired well but has ceded responsibilities to committed on that. His biggest fault is he doesn't fire people fast enough, and the honest truth of that is in at least one case he tried to and the school stopped him.

Bzdelik did not donate crap to the facility and if you think that CU collected the $500,000 fee for Bzdelik leaving you are wrong. Wake Forest said take a hike and CU took a fraction of the $500,000 from Jeff Bzdelik. Did you notice that Bohn said the issue was resolved but failed to say how!!!! Should be a hint for you.

Source on BZ please, there is direct case law on this and would be no reason to setlle

Link? I haven't seen anything either way -- repaid or not -- so I'm curious where this actually stands.

On my phone so pardon the short response, I concede the extension to hawk was poorly executed. It was not premature though, the ship looked righted and other schools were snooping around, that is exactly when you block up a coach. Outside of rhino's point about the buy out clause (which may or may not be market impose of rich rod and gill's buyouts) I don't think you can critisze that move without hind site.

D3H mentions the W/L record of hires which in cases is fair following Ceal was alway going the be tough, and I disagree on BZ, right guy, Right system, right time.

Look at the list of things he's done right, and look at the fact that since about 1998 our ADs have been asleep at the wheel.

Size of the buff club more than tripled
Donations to the AD up 350%
the bubble
The practice facility
Full redo on the track and field venues
Holding court on football attendance when we were bad
Growing basketball to a relevant sport.
Pearl st stampede
PAC-12 played perfectly

Bohn's had a half a decade on more of people doing nothing a head of his arrival, he's dug out well, over seen 15 million in capital improvements, re-engaged the fans, and turned the medias opinion of us in the past 5 seasons. He hasn't hired well but has ceded responsibilities to committed on that. His biggest fault is he doesn't fire people fast enough, and the honest truth of that is in at least one case he tried to and the school stopped him.

^^This. I get that people need someone to blame for losses and poor on field performances. Bohn is not really that guy. Since he's been hired, I also think he's done a lot of great things for this university. He's increased ticket sales of a poor product, gotten people in the seats, increased donations and improved facilities. All of this without really having a winning product in any of the major revenue generating sports.

Imagine how great he could be if Boyle and Embree work out. We are playing catch up with a lot of these schools in the arms race, but at least we're still in it. We're building a new bball facility as I type this.

I for one am thrilled he's our AD going into California to begin the PAC12 season. If there's anybody that can kick over rocks and find $$$$, it's him. This next year should be great for him too. I'm excited to watch donations go up even more. Frankly, we'll need him seeing as how our TV revenue share will be so shiiatty next season.

Just for the record I love Mike Bohn we never had stuff like the Stampede when I was in school however he should not be absolved from the Hawkins era. Its ok to be critical of Bohn and lets be honest letting Hawk destroy the football team is the definition of asleep at the wheel.

i think Bohn has done a good job. i also think that the current "job" of university AD requires a bit of a slick, PR...style before substance type of guy. not sure "Mike" is a guy i want to hang out with but he's stabilized a pretty iffy situation in the AD seems. Hawk was a disaster, plain and simple and MB does have that on his scorecard. I also do not think Bzdelik did anything at CU that eclipses where CU hoops had been in the decade before him. in fact, treading water is where he started and about where he ended with two seasons in the cellar in between. credit for Burks and Higgins, but Rico had Chauncey, Boyce, Harrison.....and the Burks chapter remains unwritten. If we get an NIT out of him and then he bolts for the League, OK.; but, that's not scorching the earth imo. I think there a lot of things Jeff B. did that sort made CU a hostage program to his "system".

i like the Boyle hire much, much more than Bz. skeptical at first, i'm coming way around to the Embree hire.

i think Bohn has done a good job. i also think that the current "job" of university AD requires a bit of a slick, PR...style before substance type of guy. not sure "Mike" is a guy i want to hang out with but he's stabilized a pretty iffy situation in the AD seems. Hawk was a disaster, plain and simple and MB does have that on his scorecard. I also do not think Bzdelik did anything at CU that eclipses where CU hoops had been in the decade before him. in fact, treading water is where he started and about where he ended with two seasons in the cellar in between. credit for Burks and Higgins, but Rico had Chauncey, Boyce, Harrison.....and the Burks chapter remains unwritten. If we get an NIT out of him and then he bolts for the League, OK.; but, that's not scorching the earth imo. I think there a lot of things Jeff B. did that sort made CU a hostage program to his "system".

i like the Boyle hire much, much more than Bz. skeptical at first, i'm coming way around to the Embree hire.

I agree with a lot of your points, but I do want to state that RP left the program in much worse shape than when he was actually coaching. RP's seven player class was not very good, and it's pathetic that he had to sign 7 players in the first place. So while I give RP a lot of credit for what he did, he didn't do Bz any favors by how he left. So, I don't consider Bz to have just treaded water at CU - I think he improved what we had.

Back to Bohn - I think there are a few things that an AD needs to do. Raise money is one, and he is excellent at that. Get competitive programs is another, and in that regard, he has failed. Word is out on Embree, Boyle, Lappe...but the Hawk hire was a complete joke. Mc-Miller was also a joke. Those were his first two hires if I recall. I'm not a Bz hater, but I did think there were many coaches out there that were better...while it turned out okay, I thought MB did a piss poor job of doing a coaching search. He is good at half his job...to me that doesn't cut it.

When Colorado beats Hawaii to restore the brick wall, OU and NU 2007 needs to be added.

ou yes. the nu game.... not so sure. state your case....

JE previously mentioned the importance of the Hawaii game...and getting off on the right foot, and the relevance of the bricks. I think that is buffed up's point....not to speak for him.

JE previously mentioned the importance of the Hawaii game...and getting off on the right foot, and the relevance of the bricks. I think that is buffed up's point....not to speak for him.

what does that have to do with beating an average knu team in '07 being worthy of being on that wall?

what does that have to do with beating an average knu team in '07 being worthy of being on that wall?

Right...sorry...misread your comment. The NU 07 game is irrelevant. I thought you were talking Hawaii. Top Gear has me distracted!

Right...sorry...misread your comment. The NU 07 game is irrelevant. I thought you were talking Hawaii. Top Gear has me distracted!

no worries. thought we might have had things crossed there. happens to the best of us. not me though.... :wink2:

ou yes. the nu game.... not so sure. state your case....

I think every NU victory deserves to be on the brick wall. Especially given the significance Mac put on beating NU. OU was definitely more significant, but hanging 65 on the Huskers is worthy of the wall imo.

I think every NU victory deserves to be on the brick wall. Especially given the significance Mac put on beating NU. OU was definitely more significant, but hanging 65 on the Huskers is worthy of the wall imo.

I don't think that game deserves a brick. They weren't ranked so the game wasn't big in terms of status.

I don't think any win of the last 5 years should be on the wall... Why? Because ultimately, they all meant nothing. It was all a march to futility.

I don't think any win of the last 5 years should be on the wall... Why? Because ultimately, they all meant nothing. It was all a march to futility.

Unfair to the men who played in those games not to have their legacy included.

I can think of only one game deserving of a brick, during the past "era". Unfortunately, it was surrounded on all sides by mediocrity. Too bad, those young men deserved better.

yeeeeeaaaaahhhhh...... i'm going to have to sort of disagree with you here. hanging a 65 on a dog **** nu team is just hanging 65 on a dog **** team. now, if they were highly ranked, or it had been 19 straight years of losing to them.... i could see it then. however, it was a win over a dog **** team that ment nothing other than beating a rival. standards need to be higher. imo...

:bs: ou in '07 definitly needs to be there. that was a great win at the time. those kids need to be given the credit they deserve for beating the #3 team in the land. what happened afterwards is of no matter. an unranked team knocking off the #3 team is always big and should matter not only to the kids who did it but to the program as a whole.

Hawk was unbelievable, killing every lifeline CU had to its rich tradition. I'm surprised he didn't try and switch our mascot. While we're changing things let's go back to some real gold.

Hawaii would be a big win, for sure. Let's get that OLine jelled and wear down Hawaii in true CU style for our first road win since....(I'm too embarrassed to even say it at this point). Any post-season hopes would seemingly need to include a win in Hawaii. Not going to be easy by any means, they enjoy a fantastic homefield advantage. What a great opportunity for JE and this entire CU program - maybe this will be a stunning performance by a new CU QB. Who knows, but it's so refreshing to have a new era under a competent staff. You get the feeling CU football is due for some things to start breaking our way

Back