What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bubble Watch - Saturday 3/12

because we've had trouble showing up for road games.

I understand that, but still, I expect them to more or less blow Iowa St out of the water, I would give them a 1.5 pt favorites and chalk it up as road issues. Somewhat scares me because when they are this close the projections are normally pretty spot on.

Colorado [17-11 (6-7), RPI: 73, SOS: 74] Does the Watch think the Buffaloes are in the bubble picture at the moment? Not really. But if the committee was trying to seed the field today and was considering Nebraska and Baylor, it would be criminal if Colorado didn't also get a look. No, Tad Boyle's team hasn't been impressive lately. Yes, its nonconference schedule was awful. Yes, that RPI is gross. But Colorado does have more good wins -- including one over Missouri and a season sweep of Kansas State -- than either Baylor or Nebraska, and its overall record is right there as well. Saturday is go time, as Texas travels to Boulder for a game the Buffaloes almost have to win if they want to get anything more than a cursory look come Selection Sunday.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bubblewatch

Colorado [17-11 (6-7), RPI: 73, SOS: 74] Does the Watch think the Buffaloes are in the bubble picture at the moment? Not really. But if the committee was trying to seed the field today and was considering Nebraska and Baylor, it would be criminal if Colorado didn't also get a look. No, Tad Boyle's team hasn't been impressive lately. Yes, its nonconference schedule was awful. Yes, that RPI is gross. But Colorado does have more good wins -- including one over Missouri and a season sweep of Kansas State -- than either Baylor or Nebraska, and its overall record is right there as well. Saturday is go time, as Texas travels to Boulder for a game the Buffaloes almost have to win if they want to get anything more than a cursory look come Selection Sunday.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bubblewatch

Good find. Sounds about right

Too many games to mention this Saturday with all the games that could effect CU's RPI.

Below are the ones that ESPN is following on its Bubble Watch scoreboard. I underlined teams when we have a clear rooting interest.

Texas @ Colorado
Duke @ Virginia Tech
Arizona @ UCLA
Texas A&M @ Baylor
Missouri @ Kansas State
Idaho @ Utah State
Boston College @ Virginia
Wichita State @ Missouri State
Nebraska @ Iowa State
Miami (FL) @ Florida State
Loyola (IL) @ Butler
Memphis @ UTEP
Alabama @ Mississippi
Wake Forest @ Clemson
William & Mary @ Old Dominion
Michigan @ Minnesota
UAB @ Houston
George Mason @ Georgia State
Miss State @ Tennessee
CSU @ Air Force
South Carolina @ Georgia
Iowa @ Illinois
Southern Miss @ Central Florida
Richmond @ Charlotte
Gonzaga @ San Diego
Wyoming @ UNLV
Portland @ St. Mary's

Too many games to mention this Saturday with all the games that could effect CU's RPI.

Below are the ones that ESPN is following on its Bubble Watch scoreboard. I underlined teams when we have a clear rooting interest.

Texas @ Colorado
Duke @ Virginia Tech
Arizona @ UCLA
Texas A&M @ Baylor
Missouri @ Kansas State
Idaho @ Utah State
Boston College @ Virginia
Wichita State @ Missouri State
Nebraska @ Iowa State
Miami (FL) @ Florida State
Loyola (IL) @ Butler
Memphis @ UTEP
Alabama @ Mississippi
Wake Forest @ Clemson
William & Mary @ Old Dominion
Michigan @ Minnesota
UAB @ Houston
George Mason @ Georgia State
Miss State @ Tennessee
CSU @ Air Force
South Carolina @ Georgia
Iowa @ Illinois
Southern Miss @ Central Florida
Richmond @ Charlotte
Gonzaga @ San Diego
Wyoming @ UNLV
Portland @ St. Mary's

Ill be damned to root for Wake

Ill be damned to root for Wake

Haha. I thought that would get some attention. I hope that Bz gives us a parting gift today. If his crap team wins on the road at Clemson, the Tigers are out of bubble consideration and may drop below the Buffs in RPI.

Man, some of those silly losses have really come back to bite us.

Maybe if we can make some noise in the B12 tourney, that will help.

Why are we rooting against CSU? Doesn't a win by them help our RPI? I'm pretty sure they're already in barring an absolutely epic collapse.....is that what we're rooting for?

Why are we rooting against CSU? Doesn't a win by them help our RPI? I'm pretty sure they're already in barring an absolutely epic collapse.....is that what we're rooting for?

They're seriously on the bubble. Most likely out right now. They're certainly not so far in that we don't need to worry about them...

Team's not ready for prime time. Been the theme all year. Hopefully we win the last 2 and get a good NIT seed.

Back