What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bubble Watch - Saturday 3/12

Here are the ACC bubble teams with remaining schedules:

Boston College (17-11 / 7-7): at Virginia Tech (3/1); vs Wake Forest (3/6)
Clemson (19-9 / 8-6): at Duke (3/2); vs Virginia Tech (3/5)
Maryland (18-11 / 7-7): at Miami (3/2); vs Virginia (3/5)
Virginia Tech (19-8 / 9-5): vs Boston College (3/1); at Clemson (3/5)

I think our best and most likely scenario is for Tech to win out. That eliminates Boston College and likely eliminates Clemson since Duke probably beats them at Cameron Indoor tomorrow. A Miami upset of Maryland tomorrow could knock the Terps out, too. There's definitely a scenario where the ACC only gets 4 teams this year.

While I'm not convinced either that VT is already in, you're right that at least one of these 4 ACC bubble teams will undoubtedly get in. But VT could be in a precarious spot if they win tonight but lose at Clemson and then drop their first game in the ACC tourney.

Looking back at our last team that got in (2003), we went 20-11 overall, 10-3 in a tougher non-conf, 9-7 in the Big 12 (8-0 home, 1-7 away), and 1-1 in the Big 12 tourney. I know, a different year and different circumstances and all, but the records are pretty similar.

Those SF, Baylor, and A&M games make me want to :bang:

Looking back at our last team that got in (2003), we went 20-11 overall, 10-3 in a tougher non-conf, 9-7 in the Big 12 (8-0 home, 1-7 away), and 1-1 in the Big 12 tourney. I know, a different year and different circumstances and all, but the records are pretty similar.

Baylor and A&M are at least decent teams. Losing to SF and then losing to OU the way we did -- that OU team is NOT GOOD.

Harvard is pretty close to being a bubble team and might get in if they win the ivy league, SF is a bad loss as is A&M. We should have won both.

If they win the Ivy league, they're in. The Ivy is an automatic qualifier. I'd be more impressed if they got in without winning the Ivy League.

I hear you but keep in mind that we have had several close games this year that we won....Texas, Kansas St X2, Texas Tech, Okie st, CSU.

Still would like to know why we played road games against SF and Harvard. Its like if our football team went and played at Toledo...oh wait. Nothing to gain by playing at mid-majors.

Last edited:
Harvard is pretty close to being a bubble team and might get in if they win the ivy league, SF is a bad loss as is A&M. We should have won both.

A&M isn't really a bad loss. They're a good team. It's just such a damned missed opportunity...

SF and OU are by far the worst losses we have. #121 and 131 RPI. The next worst is New Mexico at #90...

I've argued all along that the Harvard loss is not a bad loss. The SF loss and the OU loss on the other hand, those hurt. That SF loss is ancient history though, it happened November 20th. It still hurts, but the committee does put more a lot more emphasis on how a team is playing now compared to before Thanksgiving. Winning these last two, and then the first round Big XII game gives us a 5-1 record in the last 6, and can even be better if we win a second round game. 6-1 in your last 7 looks pretty nice, especially if the only loss is at Kansas.

Illinois couldn't miss most of the first half. Purdue is really good, though. They weathered the storm and are going into half tied despite being down double digits.

Illinois couldn't miss most of the first half. Purdue is really good, though. They weathered the storm and are going into half tied despite being down double digits.

They looked pretty unstoppable late in the 1st.

Baylor outplaying Okie Light, but only up 30-27 at half.

Illinois and Bama both tied at the half. Illinois will likely get in regardless, but Bama really needs a win against UF tonight

Harvard's RPI is 44, it really doesn't look thattttt bad. They also have a win over fellow bubble team Boston College

If they win the Ivy league, they're in. The Ivy is an automatic qualifier. I'd be more impressed if they got in without winning the Ivy League.

The Ivy doesn't have a conference tournament, therefore the Ivy champ is truly the best team in the conference as compared to a team who got hot over 4 days. But I think what tante meant is that even if they don't get the automatic bid they are still in contention for an at-large bid. Both Harvard and Princeton have a much higher RPI than us.

The Harvard loss was not a bad loss.

Florida pulling away from Bama. Tide's chances are pretty slim with a loss here tonight. Shows how pathetic the SEC is, Bama is playing for the conference regular season title tonight as well!

43-38 Pokes. This one is going to go down to the wire.

Lunardi just said CU's resume is better than Baylor's, but Baylor's win over CU could overcome that as of now.

COME ON COWBOYS!!

Do we want Mizzou to beat the nubs so it puts the nubs out of the tourney picture for good as well as demoralizing them for the season closer?

Or do we want the nubs to beat Mizzou, potentially giving CU a chance to frog leap them in conference standings down the road, strengthening our resume?

purdue just knifed the illini with a long 3 at the end of a possession. 6 pt lead for the boilermakers with 50 secs left.

Florida ended up destroying Bama. Good for the Buffs.

Purdue took down Illinois, so that helps too.

Let's go OSU!

BC @ VaTech is on ESPNU (404 comcast denver/boulder)
Ohio State @ Penn State is on Big10 Network (410 comcast denver/boulder)

This is the type of upset that would vault PSU back into the discussion. Buckeyes need to take care of business.

Do we want Mizzou to beat the nubs so it puts the nubs out of the tourney picture for good as well as demoralizing them for the season closer?

Or do we want the nubs to beat Mizzou, potentially giving CU a chance to frog leap them in conference standings down the road, strengthening our resume?

I'd rather see Mizzou beat the Nubbins. I'd like to see CU with a clean finish ahead of Bailer, UNL, etc. Mizzou still has to finish with KU (at Mizzou), so still a good chance they split the last 2 and end up 9-7 even with a win tonight. Putting them in a tie for fifth (assuming KjSU beats ISU at home) with CU if the Buffs win out. But a Mizzou win sticks one last knife in the fuskers, which I'm all good with at this point...

OSU gets the win. Buffs alone in 6th now, and Baylor is in some serious trouble. Not a tournament team after this one - let's hope Texas finishes them off on Saturday

Go Buffs!!
BEAT ISU

apparently lunardi said that if baylor lost this game against OSU, they were out. just take care of business buffs....

I'd rather see Mizzou beat the Nubbins. I'd like to see CU with a clean finish ahead of Bailer, UNL, etc. Mizzou still has to finish with KU (at Mizzou), so still a good chance they split the last 2 and end up 9-7 even with a win tonight. Putting them in a tie for fifth (assuming KjSU beats ISU at home) with CU if the Buffs win out. But a Mizzou win sticks one last knife in the fuskers, which I'm all good with at this point...

Say Mizzou and the Buffs go 9-7, how is that tie breaker determined? Pretty important here, as it seems that the consensus would rather have CU seeded 6th?

BC has started out on fire. 27-10 lead at Virginia Tech with 9 minutes left in the 1st half.

Back