What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buff fans aren't gonna like this

I have to just do this one game at a time this season. I hope that our guys don't overlook WF and start thinking about SC because it could get ugly in Salem if that happens. We looked pretty good yesterday, but it was Nevada not a perennial powerhouse like SC. It's going to be a good game and anything can happen just look at the Michigan game yesterday!!! Who ever seen that one coming??? :wow:

the corn won't beat usc unless usc totally implodes... of course, this is all totally just my opinion, but i do watch a lot of usc (and quite a bit of the corn too... thank god for espn gameplan).

shortbus shawn watson aka booger will prove to be a huge upgrade in their offensive scheme. he's good with keeping it simple for the qb (something clown-a-han has not been able to do) and he knows how to line up with superior athletes and kick you in the mouth. he's not, usually, going to beat you with creativity. he's going to be conservative and rely on the high percentage stuff for success. this method will work for the corn against less talented teams (usually) and it will work very well once they get into conference. the north is pretty weak still and they have the best athletes on paper... maybe mizzery is 2nd but they don't have the guys across the board that the fuskers have.

what the corn did to nevada gives me nightmares because unless our Buffs improve dramatically on defense, watson's offense will shove the ball down our throats in a very painful way.

ok, with all that set up, let's talk about why usc will beat them.

usc didn't show much against idaho, but that was truly a lack of attention. the corn in lincoln will have their attention fully. the usc defense is going to be great this year... not just good... great. and they are deep too. they are going to rotate lots of guys in so that they stay very fresh. plus, they are damn fast at every position.

shortbus shawn's conservative approach won't work against a team that fast and that athletic. usc will shut them down and the corn staff isn't creative enough to try to outsmart them. this is why they turtled up against usc last year-- they just wanted to keep it close and hope for a few breaks. unless usc implodes competely, the corn is simply not equipped to beat them.

and the fuskers will not see another offense this year with as many weapons as usc. plus, sarkisian is young and creative and will show a bunch of different looks to the fusker defense. confusion plus athletes plus lots of weapons = fusker doom. game over.

once the fuskers get into conference, they will fare much better, unfortunately.

I really think the North showed more gusto than the south overall. Just compare the match-ups.

do you really think that nevada is leagues better than arkansas state or unt? how about georgia? a south team stepped up to them, which is more in my opinion, than most b12 teams chose yesterday.

Keller looked very good but how will he do with Taylor Mays prowling around downfield? Lucky was a machine but what about against a DL and LB corp littered with All Americans?

there is no doubt that the huskers will have a taste of what talent and speed is really like. the huskers traditionally look fantastic, so long as they are playing cupcakes. usc does not apply to the husker formula for success.

the corn won't beat usc unless usc totally implodes...

pretty much, a disaster would be the one thing i can think of that would prompt a husker win. cally is not the brightest apple on the branch, and his talent stores are far less superior. he is going against a very damn good game day coach who is STOCKED.

No wonder women don't succeeed at playing football.....and you think Cally is mentally challenged???

No wonder women don't succeeed at playing football.....and you think Cally is mentally challenged???

I do. look at his overall record in 3 years at knu, his record against ranked teams (top 25), look at how he coached in the cotton bowl (fake punt call), and the Big XII Championship and he had the Big XII POY as his QB..... all this on the college level.....:thumbsup:

thats just part of the coaching aspect, there is more to talk about if you want???? :smile2:

the beauty of the situation is that a woman does not have to strap on pads to appreciate that cally is not getting it done at nebraska.

and that usc will not be the turnaround game.

Would love to hear more Mr. Mensa. I guess improving records over 3 years isn't a good thing. Nothing wrong with the fake punt. Guy misses a block, bad things happen. No shame in losing to a top 10 team. That happens. Shame in losing to Oklahoma? Were we more talented than them? Hats off to the OU D...they held when they had to.

I understand why you don't like him, but he's not your coach so it shouldn't matter. Indifference it the greatest sign of not caring. I know you're not a psychic but it appears you can see the future of the B12 and you don't like it...

By the way...if Frank had such great talent, would you like to have the '02, 03 ,04 and 05 NU teams? We didn't either.

You keep complaining, NU will keep getting better.

Anyone that can logically point to a decline since Cally took over, please do so.

By the way...the old "look how many are drafted" line doesn't work. What matters is how they perform while on the team....

And guess what...you don't need to run the table. I would guess all teams will have 1 loss...maybe 1 will be undefeated. Need to play your best late in the year.

the words women and strap on in the same post made me lose my train of thought.

I re-read that...My error...you used Women Strap On and turn around in the same post.

Please enlighten on how he isn't getting it done...I feel like "My Cousing Vinny" interrogating the hillbillies in the courtroom.

Does winning games NOT count in your universe?
Does improving every year NOT count?
Are these MAGIC BEANS?????

Kudos. At least someone realizes Nebraskans are Farmers and NOT Hillbillies. No mountains in NE....now Colorado is another story. I live here and have spent time in Paonia, Craig, Hotchkiss...hillbillies indeed.

do you really think that nevada is leagues better than arkansas state or unt? how about georgia? a south team stepped up to them, which is more in my opinion, than most b12 teams chose yesterday.

Yes, Neveda is significantly better than those peice of **** teams. Plus they run a gimmick offense which takes extra preperation.

the corn won't beat usc unless usc totally implodes... of course, this is all totally just my opinion, but i do watch a lot of usc (and quite a bit of the corn too... thank god for espn gameplan).

shortbus shawn watson aka booger will prove to be a huge upgrade in their offensive scheme. he's good with keeping it simple for the qb (something clown-a-han has not been able to do) and he knows how to line up with superior athletes and kick you in the mouth. he's not, usually, going to beat you with creativity. he's going to be conservative and rely on the high percentage stuff for success. this method will work for the corn against less talented teams (usually) and it will work very well once they get into conference. the north is pretty weak still and they have the best athletes on paper... maybe mizzery is 2nd but they don't have the guys across the board that the fuskers have.

what the corn did to nevada gives me nightmares because unless our Buffs improve dramatically on defense, watson's offense will shove the ball down our throats in a very painful way.

ok, with all that set up, let's talk about why usc will beat them.

usc didn't show much against idaho, but that was truly a lack of attention. the corn in lincoln will have their attention fully. the usc defense is going to be great this year... not just good... great. and they are deep too. they are going to rotate lots of guys in so that they stay very fresh. plus, they are damn fast at every position.

shortbus shawn's conservative approach won't work against a team that fast and that athletic. usc will shut them down and the corn staff isn't creative enough to try to outsmart them. this is why they turtled up against usc last year-- they just wanted to keep it close and hope for a few breaks. unless usc implodes competely, the corn is simply not equipped to beat them.

and the fuskers will not see another offense this year with as many weapons as usc. plus, sarkisian is young and creative and will show a bunch of different looks to the fusker defense. confusion plus athletes plus lots of weapons = fusker doom. game over.

once the fuskers get into conference, they will fare much better, unfortunately.

I hate to burst your bubble but Callahan calls all the plays on offense. The only thing the OC does is "suggest" a play but it goes through BC first.

Would love to hear more Mr. Mensa. I guess improving records over 3 years isn't a good thing. Nothing wrong with the fake punt. Guy misses a block, bad things happen. No shame in losing to a top 10 team. That happens. Shame in losing to Oklahoma? Were we more talented than them? Hats off to the OU D...they held when they had to.

I understand why you don't like him, but he's not your coach so it shouldn't matter. Indifference it the greatest sign of not caring. I know you're not a psychic but it appears you can see the future of the B12 and you don't like it...

By the way...if Frank had such great talent, would you like to have the '02, 03 ,04 and 05 NU teams? We didn't either.

You keep complaining, NU will keep getting better.

Anyone that can logically point to a decline since Cally took over, please do so.

By the way...the old "look how many are drafted" line doesn't work. What matters is how they perform while on the team....

And guess what...you don't need to run the table. I would guess all teams will have 1 loss...maybe 1 will be undefeated. Need to play your best late in the year.

The future of the Big XII isnt knu, sorry to burst your bubble about that. You say he is improving, show me a win over a ranked, top 20-25 team under hillbilly throatslashes 3 years there. I dont think even ol' Frankie was a big 0-?? like hillbilly is. That would be a logical decline. Or how about BCS bowl appearences?? there is a decline there too.

oh wait you did go to the Cotton Dump, errr Bowl, last year.

The future of the Big XII isnt knu, sorry to burst your bubble about that. You say he is improving, show me a win over a ranked, top 20-25 team under hillbilly throatslashes 3 years there. I dont think even ol' Frankie was a big 0-?? like hillbilly is. That would be a logical decline. Or how about BCS bowl appearences?? there is a decline there too.

oh wait you did go to the Cotton Dump, errr Bowl, last year.

First off, the past does not necessarily dictate the future.

Second, BC has beat 3 teams in the top 25 while at NU...

http://huskerpedia.com/2000s.html#2007

Cally's record may have improved in each of the last 3 years but he also delivered their first non-bowl team in 30+ years, their first losing season in 30+ years, and the most points ever given up by the corn in one game.

ok 3 wins vs teams ranked 20-25. I'm impressed :smile2: but an overall mark of 3-6 versus ranked teams in addition to a 13-11 Big XII record (13-12 if you want to count the Big XII CG last December).... not good stats at all....

You asked the question, chief, I just provided the facts. You can throw around the stats and records all you want, but everyone knew there would be growing pains when he was hired which skews those stats a bit.

You asked the question, chief, I just provided the facts. You can throw around the stats and records all you want, but everyone knew there would be growing pains when he was hired which skews those stats a bit.

ya I guess not every team can have a coach come in and start winning and playing not only for conference championships, national championships in 1-3 years....:thumbsup:

ya I guess not every team can have a coach come in and start winning and playing not only for conference championships, national championships in 1-3 years....:thumbsup:

Especially with John Blakes recruits! :finger:

Especially with John Blakes recruits! :finger:

believe it if you need it.... but you would be surprised that less than 1/3 of the 2000 starters were john blakes recruits. and if you use that theory, john blake's starters blackshirts, explain the other 3 Big XII championships out of 4 trips, and playing in 4 other BCS bowls without John Blakes recruits.....:thumbsup:

no offense blackshirts, but your ignorance is only overshawdowed by your stupidity on this board..... best stick to writing parking tickets.....:smile2:

believe it if you need it.... but you would be surprised that less than 1/3 of the 2000 starters were john blakes recruits. and if you use that theory, john blake's starters blackshirts, explain the other 3 Big XII championships out of 4 trips, and playing in 4 other BCS bowls without John Blakes recruits.....:thumbsup:

no offense blackshirts, but your ignorance is only overshawdowed by your stupidity on this board..... best stick to writing parking tickets.....:smile2:

I guess you seem to forget 1999. As you stated Stoops starting winning in his first year. Wouldn't that make it 1999? Or is that your selective memory kicking in again??

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess you seem to forget 1999. As you stated Stoops starting winning in his first year. Wouldn't that make it 1999? Or is that your selective memory sitting in??

yep 1999, he went 7-5 with a bowl loss to the mississippi rebels, in the Independence Bowl.

so your point will be?

or is this where I suppose to say, "compared to hillbilly throatslashes 1st year at knu, or 2nd or 3rd."

i mean look it up, since 2000, the BCS MNC Bowl game has been won by a teams with a coach that has only been their HC for 2-3 years, with the exception of Pete Carroll and Mack Brown.

and to get this thread back on track..... the only positive i see for knu in this game is they play this saturday, whereas USC does not. having played 2 games versus one will be the biggest help, but it and homefield advantage wont be enough to beat USC.... 35-24 USC over the little pinks of he Big XII

yep 1999, he went 7-5 with a bowl loss to the mississippi rebels, in the Independence Bowl.

so your point will be?

or is this where I suppose to say, "compared to hillbilly throatslashes 1st year at knu, or 2nd or 3rd."

i mean look it up, since 2000, the BCS MNC Bowl game has been won by a teams with a coach that has only been their HC for 2-3 years, with the exception of Pete Carroll and Mack Brown.

and to get this thread back on track..... the only positive i see for knu in this game is they play this saturday, whereas USC does not. having played 2 games versus one will be the biggest help, but it and homefield advantage wont be enough to beat USC.... 35-24 USC over the little pinks of he Big XII

My point being is it was obvious that Stoops had a hell of a lot better talent to work with (Blakes recruits) instead of what Callahan inherited (Solich's recruits). Also the fact that BC totally revamped the offense trying to make the WCO work with Option based kids. Hell I would have thought even you could of figured that one out. Also the Hillbilly throat slash makes no sense. You seem to think it's some sort of "derogatory statement" but in reality it's not. Whatever floats your boat or in your case...trailer. I guess it's not hard to mesmerise people from Mobilehoma.

p1_sooners.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My point being is it was obvious that Stoops had a hell of a lot better talent to work with (Blakes recruits) instead of what Callahan inherited (Solich's recruits). Also the fact that BC totally revamped the offense trying to make the WCO work with Option based kids. Hell I would have thought even you could of figured that one out. Also the Hillbilly throat slash makes no sense. You seem to think it's some sort of "derogatory statement" but in reality it's not. Whatever floats your boat or in your case...trailer. I guess it's not hard to mesmerise people from Mobilehoma.

once again you open your mouth.....:rofl:, you might want to go back and look at Rivals rankings of John Blake's classes at OU vs Frank Solich's at knu. Seems Solich always had a higher rated class than what John Blake did.
also seems OU revamped their offense from a power running game (under JB) to a spread, one back offense, kinda like the version they run today unless they are in the "I". and dont forget, Stoops won it all the 2nd year with more of his own recruits playing, than john blakes....

so again I will ask, whats your point, all I see is excuses for why hillbilly throatslash record at knu is what it is.... when other coaches have done what ol hillbilly throatslash has tried to do, but with far greater success....

Whatever floats your boat or in your case...trailer. I guess it's not hard to mesmerise people from Mobilehoma.

I said it once, I'll say it again.

You're a fan of the fuskers. You live in West Texas. And you make fun of someone else about trailers? :rofl:

the beauty of the situation is that a woman does not have to strap on pads to appreciate that cally is not getting it done at nebraska.

and that usc will not be the turnaround game.

the words women and strap on in the same post made me lose my train of thought.

I re-read that...My error...you used Women Strap On and turn around in the same post.

jeebus. you are a true brainchild, aren't you? now we all know why you like to be called "the rock," as that is the equivalent of your mental prowess.

here is a conversational hint: you might want to throw down more than brain fog, magic beans, and mysogeny around here. if that is all you got, you will stick out like the weak minded fusker you are.

"getting it done" could be defined a number of ways. i believe that many would agree that conference championships or domination over true power teams would be "getting it done" (lammie - lmfao that you think nevada is better than georgia. your powers of differentiation have not improved since this summer, when you had csu placed in the upper 1/3 of cfb - GEORGIA has been, can be, and some would argue IS the real deal. this is a typical husker tactic - talking up your opponents).

has nu won a conference championship under cally? uhm... no. has nu taken out top ten teams? are they getting it done? have they BEAT more top ranked teams than they have lost to? if you have, you are getting it done.

sorry if it bruises your little feelings, but the nation has watched how you fare against ranked teams, and they know that your win record is on the shallow end. this has nothing to do with cu that the nation can see this. nice try to try to pin it on us. if we are responsible for inspiring others to kick your ass, then yay for us. :thumbsup: maybe our fans have more power in the scheme of the universe than i realized. :lol:

now do you have any line of evidence other than your lameassed "we are improving" excuse that would indicate that the cornshucks are getting it done? or are you going to be fixated upon am innuendo you twisted into a sexual connotation like a twitterpated 12 year old?

Back