What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buff fans aren't gonna like this

Nevada isnt better than Georgia, duh. But they are much better than UNT and Arky St.

i would put nevada, right now, possibly with the unt's and stAte's. there is really not that much separation worth arguing about. nevada has maybe more future promise, but they have been hit hard enough to wreck what was working previously.

point is (to HuskerHog, moreso than you, as you have not been a raging homer) that it was a south team that stepped up to the true ooc challenge this weekend. to this:

HuskerHog said:
I really think the North showed more gusto than the south overall. Just compare the match-ups

i say :bs:

shortbus shawn watson aka booger will prove to be a huge upgrade in their offensive scheme. he's good with keeping it simple for the qb (something clown-a-han has not been able to do) and he knows how to line up with superior athletes and kick you in the mouth. he's not, usually, going to beat you with creativity. he's going to be conservative and rely on the high percentage stuff for success. this method will work for the corn against less talented teams (usually) and it will work very well once they get into conference. the north is pretty weak still and they have the best athletes on paper... maybe mizzery is 2nd but they don't have the guys across the board that the fuskers have.

Too bad Shortbus Shawn doesn't call the plays. :cry:

I hate to burst your bubble but Callahan calls all the plays on offense. The only thing the OC does is "suggest" a play but it goes through BC first.

Don't try and present that statement like its some sort of bastion of strength. :devil2:

Last edited:
once again you open your mouth.....:rofl:, you might want to go back and look at Rivals rankings of John Blake's classes at OU vs Frank Solich's at knu. Seems Solich always had a higher rated class than what John Blake did.
also seems OU revamped their offense from a power running game (under JB) to a spread, one back offense, kinda like the version they run today unless they are in the "I". and dont forget, Stoops won it all the 2nd year with more of his own recruits playing, than john blakes....

so again I will ask, whats your point, all I see is excuses for why hillbilly throatslash record at knu is what it is.... when other coaches have done what ol hillbilly throatslash has tried to do, but with far greater success....

Where in the **** do you see this on Rivals? It only goes back to 02!

you don't know your rankings (or area thereof) off the top of your head? solich was pulling in some money recruits back in the day. you are confused about this concept?

you don't know your rankings (or area thereof) off the top of your head? solich was pulling in some money recruits back in the day. you are confused about this concept?

LMAO money recruits huh??!!! Stick to posting "educated babble" because what you just wrote, made absolutely no ****ing sense whats so ever! :thumbsup: Besided what the hell are you doing on these boards during lunch time.....Don't ya got to go "stir" up a chicken pot pie for Unbiased or something? :smile2:

LMAO money recruits huh??!!! Stick to posting "educated babble" because what you just wrote, made absolutely no ****ing sense whats so ever! :thumbsup: Besided what the hell are you doing on these boards during lunch time.....Don't ya got to go "stir" up a chicken pot pie for Unbiased or something? :smile2:

what was that psychobabble about the place of women?

"money" means real, real good. you know, most people are able to figure that out on their own without having to have someone point it out to them. i forgot how backwards you fuskers can be! :smile2:

coming off national championships, i recall vividly nu having some very good recruiting classes. to argue otherwise would be to relegate oneself to the shallow end of the football knowledge base. we already knew that about you but sheesh. :lol: do you have to make it THAT obvious?

so. are you arguing that nu's recruit classes in the late 90s sucked backing it up with something valuable (because, in arguing my point, that is what you are saying) OR are you going to eat shoe?

if shortbus shawn isn't calling plays, then i retract my previous belief that the corn might actually be ok this year. that means they have to rely on clown-a-han (who has yet to prove he can call a game at the college level against elite competition). poor fuskers. poor, poor, poor fuskers.:lol:

if shortbus shawn isn't calling plays, then i retract my previous belief that the corn might actually be ok this year. that means they have to rely on clown-a-han (who has yet to prove he can call a game at the college level against elite competition). poor fuskers. poor, poor, poor fuskers.:lol:

given the last exchange with blackshirts, i am not entirely sure they will be able to work out what you are saying.

i swear, every time i credit a fusker with minimal capability of intelligence, they have to go out of their way to prove otherwise. :lol:

what was that psychobabble about the place of women?

"money" means real, real good. you know, most people are able to figure that out on their own without having to have someone point it out to them. i forgot how backwards you fuskers can be! :smile2:

coming off national championships, i recall vividly nu having some very good recruiting classes. to argue otherwise would be to relegate oneself to the shallow end of the football knowledge base. we already knew that about you but sheesh. :lol: do you have to make it THAT obvious?

so. are you arguing that nu's recruit classes in the late 90s sucked backing it up with something valuable (because, in arguing my point, that is what you are saying) OR are you going to eat shoe?

Yes you are correct we did have some great recruiting classes under OSBORNE. Once Solich took over the reigns the recruiting declined drastically. Solich could not recruit outside the midwest, let alone the state. He had no talent for bringing in speed on both sides of the ball. He sure as hell didn't have any talent scouting a QB who could actually throw. (see Joe Dailey) Sorry to burst your little "know it all" bubble, but there were hardly any "money" players under Solich.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes you are correct we did have some great recruiting classes under OSBORNE. Once Solich took over the reigns the recruiting declined drastically. Solich could not recruit outside the midwest, let alone the state. Sorry to burst your little "know it all" bubble, but there were hardly "money" players under Solich.

so a month or two after your last nc, you all sucked with the recruiting classes?

punk, i was IN that god forsaken state by 1998, and i was rather aware of the extent to which fans went to beat their chests to the cornstalks about how great everything was.

but let's see. maybye you are right and they dropped under the top 35-40 right away, like you suggest. can you link to any source that states that the huskers sucked in recruiting?

so a month or two after your last nc, you all sucked with the recruiting classes?

punk, i was IN that god forsaken state by 1998, and i was rather aware of the extent to which fans went to beat their chests to the cornstalks about how great everything was.

but let's see. maybye you are right and they dropped under the top 35-40 right away, like you suggest. can you link to any source that states that the huskers sucked in recruiting?

ladyblaise, its obvious that you think you are a ****ing know it all. Especially when it comes to the Huskers. :huh: Making valid points on a team that I have been rooting for for over 30 years has no merit against your "husker knowledge". Oh that's right you lived in Nebraska once. I guess that makes you the "Knower of all Husker Knowledge". Silly me, I should have known. :huh:

ladyblaise, its obvious that you think you are a ****ing know it all. Especially when it comes to the Huskers. :huh: Making valid points on a team that I have been rooting for for over 30 years has no merit against your "husker knowledge". Oh that's right you lived in Nebraska once. I guess that makes you the "Knower of all Husker Knowledge". Silly me, I should have known. :huh:

blackshirts, are you going to bring ANYTHING to the table, or just get punk'd all day? you couldn't argue your way out of a wet paper sack. no wonder you are bitter.

because you want to claim otherwise, explain these recruiting realities at nu:

1998 recruiting class: brown (all conference), craver (all american), diedrick (all conference), groce (all american). i also heard quite a bit about grixby and kelsey. they panned out for you.

1999 recruits: fonotti (all american), larson (all american). also heard alot about kobongo and lord.

2000 recruits: brown (though nu ****ed up with him?) and thunder collins (got a LOT of love)

2001 recruits: bullocks, icognito, ruud, koch ... (an all american, and all four were all conference). evwaraye was pretty damn money. better be glad you had him.

2002: Carriker, Herian, Todd, Williams (all conference), and bradley, who became a 3rd round draft pick. -- huskerpedia gets more detailed here, they added the following info about this class: "Curt Dukes, QB (SuperPrep, PrepStar), David Horne, FB (SuperPrep, PrepStar, Rivals.com, USA Today Second-Team), Mark LeFlore, WR (SuperPrep, PrepStar), Kurt Mann, OL (SuperPrep, PrepStar), Jay Moore, Jumbo Athlete (SuperPrep, PrepStar), Fabian Washington, DB (SuperPrep); Rivals100 Non-High School (1): Demorrio Williams (Rivals.com)" can't say that one really sucked.

2003: recruiting class rated between 22-24 nationally. Dailey, Dykes, Mueller, Patrick, Ruud, Schuler...

2004: top 20s...still, by now this was cally's watch.

WHERE in all of this was it really bad talent wise in nebraska?

blackshirts, are you going to bring ANYTHING to the table, or just get punk'd all day? you couldn't argue your way out of a wet paper sack. no wonder you are bitter.

because you want to claim otherwise, explain these recruiting realities at nu:

1998 recruiting class: brown (all conference), craver (all american), diedrick (all conference), groce (all american). i also heard quite a bit about grixby and kelsey. they panned out for you.

1999 recruits: fonotti (all american), larson (all american). also heard alot about kobongo and lord.

2000 recruits: brown (though nu ****ed up with him?) and thunder collins (got a LOT of love)

2001 recruits: bullocks, icognito, ruud, koch ... (an all american, and all four were all conference). evwaraye was pretty damn money. better be glad you had him.

2002: Carriker, Herian, Todd, Williams (all conference), and bradley, who became a 3rd round draft pick. -- huskerpedia gets more detailed here, they added the following info about this class: "Curt Dukes, QB (SuperPrep, PrepStar), David Horne, FB (SuperPrep, PrepStar, Rivals.com, USA Today Second-Team), Mark LeFlore, WR (SuperPrep, PrepStar), Kurt Mann, OL (SuperPrep, PrepStar), Jay Moore, Jumbo Athlete (SuperPrep, PrepStar), Fabian Washington, DB (SuperPrep); Rivals100 Non-High School (1): Demorrio Williams (Rivals.com)" can't say that one really sucked.

2003: recruiting class rated between 22-24 nationally. Dailey, Dykes, Mueller, Patrick, Ruud, Schuler...

2004: top 20s...still, by now this was cally's watch.

WHERE in all of this was it really bad talent wise in nebraska?

Curt Dukes and LeFlore.....were busts. Incognito was a basket case and kicked off the team. The only good pass Dailey could ever muster was to the opposite team. The only think Horne could do on a constant basis was trip over the yard line in open field. Thunder Collins quit because he got replaced on the depth chart. You name a pretty good list and I won't deny it but about 3/4 of those that you spent the time researching were DEFENSE. Last time I checked the DEFENSE didn't run the WCO or hell the option for that matter! Once AGAIN I will state that Solich had slim to none recruiting skills outside of the state of Nebraska. Let alone scout any for a passing style offense. Which he tried to say he was doing by hiring Barney Cotton (which didn't amount to **** when he was at ISU either).

Curt Dukes and LeFlore.....were busts. Incognito was a basket case and kicked off the team. The only good pass Dailey could ever muster was to the opposite team. The only think Horne could do on a constant basis was trip over the yard line in open field. Thunder Collins quit because he got replaced on the depth chart. You name a pretty good list and I won't deny it but about 3/4 of those that you spent the time researching were DEFENSE. Last time I checked the DEFENSE didn't run the WCO. Nice try though! :thumbsup:

nice try? a "nice try" is your attempt to change the subject, buster.

personally, i do not give a flaming rats ass if you feel the recruits were "busts". you still had the talent to work with. in a large sense, if you waste that much talent, it is your own damn fault.

nebraska had a LOT coming in. there is no doubt about it. i do not see rivals taking off points in your rankings because you want to whine that a number of them are defenders.

are you going to actually bring anything illuminating to the table now, or shall we agree that you just got owned?

when i know more about your team, or am willing to go find out more than you, it is the opposite of a good thing. bandwaggoners, the majority of you. your program is getting what it deserves for attracking your kind as a fanbase.

nice try? a "nice try" is your attempt to change the subject, buster.

personally, i do not give a flaming rats ass if you feel the recruits were "busts". you still had the talent to work with. in a large sense, if you waste that much talent, it is your own damn fault.

nebraska had a LOT coming in. there is no doubt about it. i do not see rivals taking off points in your rankings because you want to whine that a number of them are defenders.

are you going to actually bring anything illuminating to the table now, or shall we agree that you just got owned?

when i know more about your team, or am willing to go find out more than you, it is the opposite of a good thing. bandwaggoners, the majority of you. your program is getting what it deserves for attracking your kind as a fanbase.

LMAO! Give me a ****ing break oh scabbie one! Once again your "holier-than-thou" attitude prevails! I have seen you in different debates in the past and you can't see two ****ing inches in front of your face to realize when ever you are wrong. You are tiring me with your rants anways. :thumbsup: Being called a bandwaggoner made my wiener tingle a little too! :lol:

LMAO! Give me a ****ing break oh scabby one! Once again your "holier-than-thou" attitude prevails! I have seen you in different debates in the past and you can't see two ****ing inches in front of your face to realize when ever you are wrong. You are tiring me with your rants anways. :thumbsup: Being called a bandwaggoner made my wiener tingle a little too! :lol:

well if you ever grow a brain, by all means come back to this thread and throw down some cold hard evidence instead of "the world according to blackshirts."

so far your most compelling points have been:

* demonstrating your blinding mysogeny,
* whining that you highly regarded recruits did not pan out, after pretending that they were never at nebraska to begin with.

if you can come up with ANYTHING which would remotely prove your contention that solich had the dregs of the NCAA, then we can talk.

until then, enjoy the bitterness! :smile2:

The future of the Big XII isnt knu, sorry to burst your bubble about that. You say he is improving, show me a win over a ranked, top 20-25 team under hillbilly throatslashes 3 years there. I dont think even ol' Frankie was a big 0-?? like hillbilly is. That would be a logical decline. Or how about BCS bowl appearences?? there is a decline there too.

oh wait you did go to the Cotton Dump, errr Bowl, last year.

That's fine and didn't Boise State beat your asses last year??? I guess we'll just have to see your ass again in the Big XII Championship boy!!!! :smile2:

That's fine and didn't Boise State beat your asses last year??? I guess we'll just have to see your ass again in the Big XII Championship boy!!!! :smile2:

tentatively, oklahoma looked to be the best of the b12 south saturday, its true.

though i have to provide a reality statement for the second assumption of your statement. you are mistaken if you think the b12n will be anything other than a dog fight. i will put as much stock in your belief that nu will be there as i did for every husker who wagged their tongues that ou was going to crumble under a frosh quarterback.

how y'all liking bradford now?

:lol::lol:

you might want to hold off buying your tix for the b12 champ game just yet...

i think the fuskers have to be favored, but considering we've not seen a single conf. game played yet, maybe you are prematurely celebrating.

of course, i suspect premature elation is a common theme in your life.

tentatively, oklahoma looked to be the best of the b12 south saturday, its true.

though i have to provide a reality statement for the second assumption of your statement. you are mistaken if you think the b12n will be anything other than a dog fight. i will put as much stock in your belief that nu will be there as i did for every husker who wagged their tongues that ou was going to crumble under a frosh quarterback.

how y'all liking bradford now?

Hey he constantly talks **** about us so I have all the right in the world to give the same back to him. Missery is the same team they were last year one dimensional and that's it. They have a ****ty defense and all they can do on offense is throw the ball. Chase Daniel is good, but it takes more than one man to win the game!!! I get to have confidence in my team that's why I'm called "A FAN":finger2:

Hey he constantly talks **** about us so I have all the right in the world to give the same back to him. Missery is the same team they were last year one dimensional and that's it. They have a ****ty defense and all they can do on offense is throw the ball. Chase Daniel is good, but it takes more than one man to win the game!!! I get to have confidence in my team that's why I'm called "A FAN":finger2:

allright mr. fan. how are ya liking bradford now? it seems that you do not hold out on talking ****. so i am going to assume you can take it if you dish it.

yeppers they won.... one of the best bowl games ever.... I was there and had a great time.

are you sure you want anything to do with Oklahoma in a championship game?? you want another 99 1/2 yard drive for a td? do you want scored upon in less than 50 seconds? or hillbilly throatslash being terribly outcoached for the 4th time in a row?

tell me which or if all of these sound good to you...

knu played 2nd fiddle to Oklahoma in the Big 8, you expect anything to be different in the Big XII? :cool:

guess its kinda like finding the source and providing the link to the article where it was stated that the doorman in the "bar fight" used racial insults towards mo purify......:lol:

oh btw.... i'm still waiting on that link / article. :thumbsup:

IMO - Nevada simply wore down on defense opening up the running game. This will not happen with SC, probably won't happen with Wake or at least not nearly as early. SC will come in and shut down the running game forcing NU to pass. The NU recievers will have fumble fingers just as they did Saturday and it's game over. The only question is how will Keller react to the speed of SC as well as all the dropped passes by the recievers. My predicition is he like any competitor will be ticked and then he will begin forcing passes and the result will be 3-4 picks by the SC defense. Just a gut feeling.

All that being said the Nevada game was impressive for the first game of the year but it was Nevada. The defensive secondary will need to improve dramatically to hang with the SC recievers and while the defensive like did a good job it was still Nevada. The linebackers looked a bit on the nasty side in a good way.

Offensively the fumble fingers in the recieving corp is really bad. Establishing a power running game with a 30 lb. average weight advanatage in the trenches should be a given from the first snap of the ball and I'm just not convinced it was.

Yes the Wake NU game is on ESPN at 12:00 and it will be broadcast in HD nationally. It competes with Miami v. Oklahoma at noon on ABC.

I just realized that this morning. I think in the end the Miami-OU game will be the more competitive one but I'm still expecting OU to win. I expect NU to handle Wake and the fact that Skinner is out certainly doesn't make it any better for Wake. Plus as was pointed out earlier in this thread, the Wake defense is pretty weak.

But I think NU has an excellent chance of beating USC in two weeks.

I don't. USC has a week off. USC is still USC. NU is good. Best Callahan team so far and a near dominant O-Line. But if NU beats them I'll be very happy, but also very VERY surprised.

Southern Cal has a freakish way of losing games they shouldn't. They lost to Oregon effing State last year. :huh:

If the corndogs play their best, and the condoms sleepwalk through it, there's a chance for the upset. If Appalachia State can go into the Big House and beat Meatchigan, then anything is possible.

Evwaraye is money? Sometimes it's just better not to hit "reply". You are exposing yourself(in a bad way) to your cronies. Do you even think before you post...let's see...CU's medicore(by fan's own admission) team's of the past few years defeat a GREAT class of NU recruits? Make's sense.

Back