What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs at Missouri Thread

who ****ing cares.

As much as I hate to say it ... that's where I am now also. :huh:

Firing Hawk an Co. now is impractical as hell ... but it would also send a message to the team, the alumni, and the public at large ... that this kind of failure WILL NOT BE TOLERATED ANY LONGER!!

It would totally trash this season ... but let's face it ... it's probably trashed anyway. But it would set us up (possibly) for a real "home run hire" ... instead of the "face" guy we hired five years ago (my God ... has it actually been that long?!?). It's obvious to us all now that we hired the wrong guy from Boise State.

And I don't want to hear from Hawk how hard it is to get players with skills with CU's academic requirements. I'm presently watching Jim Harbaugh's Stanford team contending for the Pac 10 title.

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.png

Well, a night's sleep on this game didn't help one bit. I never thought the 5-run lead in the first inning would hold up. Blast. A passed ball with 2 runners in scoring position for the first runs of the game. Blast. Then giving up a 3-run dinger and our batters can't get one past the infield. I hoped that 5-run lead wouldn't hold up, but after seeing Goodman swing and miss AGAIN, even that 2-run lead woulda won. Unbelievable.

I agree with one poster who said, "I don't even blame Goodman anymore..." At some point, the manager HAS to realize how much damage HE is doing by beating this dead horse. Watching our players on the sideline turn and slump as Goodman lines up - ugh. Coach, that's YOUR decision paying a terrible dividend.

I do think the Pac-10 is getting what they demanded - that Coach Hawk stay with CU Football for 10-15 years so we can qualify as an Auto-Win for everyone's homecoming games, for slaughters and statistical jumps into various awards categories. Coach Hawk & CU Football are going to be GREAT for the Pac-10. The opponents, that is.

Firing Hawk an Co. now is impractical as hell ... but it would also send a message to the team, the alumni, and the public at large ... that this kind of failure WILL NOT BE TOLERATED ANY LONGER!!

If Benson and Co. gave enough of a crap about the program this would have happened last year.

As fans it is obvious to us but they are delaying the obvious as long as possible.

The season is already trashed, this team will win more games than last year, 3-9 isn't that hard to beat but overall it isn't going anywhere.

Changing the head coach may result in the team having a chance to win a road game or two. More importantly it may give us a chance to solidify a few recruits so the year isn't a total loss on the recruiting front. It will also give us a chance to have a thourough and open look at where the program wants to go in terms of a new head coach and what will happen with the current assistants. Certainly the new HC should have final say on who is on his staff but there are a couple of guys on the current staff who I would like to see stay if they could fit into the new coaches staff. I would include Cabral and Ambrose on defense and Prince and potentially Kiesau on offense (I blame Kiesaus problems yesterday on Hawk sticking his nose into the game.)

Back