What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs at the Combine

I had a suspicion that Montez didn't have big mitts based on how poorly he threw the ball in when it was slick (cold or wet). Look for a dome team to draft him.

Burrow's hand is smaller than Montez's hand and he could be going first overall.

And that's a concern on him.
It is a valid concern as QBs with smaller hands have been shown to be easier to strip. What is crazy though is that despite the film on him, despite his on field results, there are GMs who would pass on him and take other guys who have "better measurable" over him. I still remember Drew Brees falling into the second round because he was "too short."

I was surprised to see it. Agree with you that it is invaluable. Giving young dudes anywhere from six to seven figures makes life very complex.
I think the 40 and agility drills are good for skill players just to confirm what the tape shows in terms of speed, but don't really think the other on field tests are all that useful. I think they need to tailor the drills to specific positions. Is there any reason a DL/OL need to run the 40? Is there a need for WRs and CBs (anyone really) to test on Bench Press?

I think the 40 and agility drills are good for skill players just to confirm what the tape shows in terms of speed, but don't really think the other on field tests are all that useful. I think they need to tailor the drills to specific positions. Is there any reason a DL/OL need to run the 40? Is there a need for WRs and CBs (anyone really) to test on Bench Press?
Tells the broadcasters things to say on TV!

Every year I exhibit at a trade show in Indy following the combine and just before March Madness regionals start. I usually get in the day before the combine ends. A couple of years ago I sat at a table for breakfast in the Indy Marriott and the old guy sitting there just started telling old war stories. Turns out it was Gil Brandt. NFL scouting personnel were avoiding being caught with him because he just wanted to tell "I remember when" stories but I sat there for an hour and a half. Some wild times in his past! I'll be wearing my Buff gear as I always do....

Every year I exhibit at a trade show in Indy following the combine and just before March Madness regionals start. I usually get in the day before the combine ends. A couple of years ago I sat at a table for breakfast in the Indy Marriott and the old guy sitting there just started telling old war stories. Turns out it was Gil Brandt. NFL scouting personnel were avoiding being caught with him because he just wanted to tell "I remember when" stories but I sat there for an hour and a half. Some wild times in his past! I'll be wearing my Buff gear as I always do....
Gil Brandt used to have a show on the NFL Radio network on SiriusXM that was basically your conversation. He’s got a nugget in there so often, but the past was sure generous to him.

I’ve always wondered why the NFL chose the bench press to demonstrate strength, rather than a back squat or deadlift. It would actually be pretty cool to see them do all three.

Scouts might argue the for the CBs/WRs the bench press is very valid. They would argue that it is a reflection of upper body strength which has bearing on the ability to deal with the bumping and shoving that goes on.

I think though that like almost all of the physical drills though they have access now to so much film they can get a better idea just watching how the guys do playing against a physical opponent.

Anyone have an idea of what Taylor may run in the 40? He's someone who could skyrocket with the kind of low number we are expecting.

persoanlly think he’ll hit 4.5
If he runs a 4.4s he’s in 3-5 round range
Runs 4.3s were taking 2 round
He is completely capable of 4.3s I just believe our guy’s test poorly at the combine and do better at the pro day.

Back